UPenn, U Conn or Pitts??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tabi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have an opportunity to all 3 of these schools yet time and distance only permits me to interview at one of these schools. Which one is best....I'm leaning towards U Conn or Pitts just because they're cheaper....or are they all worth going to take a look?

Members don't see this ad.

All three are fine dental schools. Unless you are a Connecticut resident, your chances at Conn may be less than the other two; if they have invited you for an interview then you have a decent shot. Pitt and Penn are both excellent schools and maybe the only way to choose which to interview at is to decide if you think you'd rather spend the next four years in Pittsburgh or Philadelphia.

Another possibe solution is to call Penn and Pitt and see if you can arrange interviews about 1 or 2 days apart. Thus you go to one, then the other, saving money on 2 round trips. But you are likely to spend at least 1 night in a hotel or motel.

Oops, I just noticed you are in Canada. If you are Canadian, then U Conn may not be likely. However, if you indicated on the application that you are Canadian, and they invited you intreview anyway, then they are seriously interested in you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Gower, thanks for the encouragement. I know that UConn accepts its residents first and then considers others so it was reassuring to hear I'd have a good chance and would not be wasting my time and money going there (I've heard stories of schools who invite you for an interview without really meaning to offer you a position) Thanks again! Tabi
biggrin.gif

MJF, why Penn? (in your opinion)