UPENN interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi,
i have been called for the upenn interview on the 10th oct...anyone having inerview on the same day ? WIll be gr8 if we can club together and discuss abt where to stay and stuff..

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
i have been called for the upenn interview on the 10th oct...anyone having inerview on the same day ? WIll be gr8 if we can club together and discuss abt where to stay and stuff..

Hi, Can you tell me when you were notified about this interview?
Thanks a lot!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi Reshfrnds and dewdrop,
i called them 2 day regarding my application status and they said tht i have an interview scheduled on the 10th oct...and will be receiving the mail in a day or two....i guess u too can call them and check....hope this helps....well reshfrnds, my stats r part 1 95, gpa (ece) 4 , toefl 100...all the best to u too.

thanks for reply...i just got confused....anyways lets keep this thread updated....goodluck

hey celestial...im new to this forum...still waiting for interview calls...gettin real anxious...when did you apply to upenn and what are your stats...

hey smiledesigner..looks like your interview went pretty well...good for you. meanwhile i'm getting really nervous about my interview call. I sent my application around 6th sep...my stats are 92/283/3.42...
you think i stand a chance of being called for interview?? :scared:

Hey naaz
That's just it, all of them(interviewers) make you feel good, but I would feel much better when I receive my acceptance letter you can never be sure. No interviewer will tell you on the face "I am sorry we cannot accept you". The decision to accept or reject is based on a combined decision.

With your scores you will definitely be called for the interview and how you perform there will dictate if you are accepted.

hi small wonder
dats cool .. i just called them .. all dat she told me was ur mail is sent.. she didnt tell me anything like a date.. actually my marks are not gr part 1 - 87 , ece 3.9, and toefl 104 .. so i dnon
anyways all the best to u u have gr 8 marks

do u think i have any chance
i have worked for 2yrs in india and 6 montyhs voluntary in the US
am so frustrated man!!!

hello everyone,
i got my gpa-2.42 for all years
and for my final exams its 3.36 .i don't its a good gpa or not
can any one guide me
at this movement i don't know i should be happy or not?:( :( :(

thanks

Hey I'm +ve it's a interview letter. bcoz they dont send the rejection letters this soon. and moreover, even I got my interview last year with similar stat's. , anyway i did'nt get thru admissions. Hope for a good one.
do u think i have any chance
i have worked for 2yrs in india and 6 montyhs voluntary in the US
am so frustrated man!!!

hi reshfrnds,
thnx and all he best to u too...hey i think u have good stats and they see the overall package n not jus ur scores...so i m sure u do stand a fair chance......give ur best shot....good luck

hi guys,
just got an interview call from UPENN for 10th october...
any (female) interviewing on the same day..
we could discuss things like accomodation....pls reply ASAP.

my stats : nb 1 -89, 111/120 ibt ,gpa 3.03, >6 months vonteering at dental clinics here... 1 yr work -exp in India.
not gr8 stats but worth a try.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everyone.....

I am new here and confused about my stats...I read all the posted stats and I was wondering where I stand...

If someone can help me I will really appreciate the help.
My stats : nb 1 - 87
nb 2 - 76
ece - 4.0
toefl - (cbt) 263..
I have 1 year of experience in India and 4 months in US are a volunteer., I also received a gold medal in India.

I have send applications to llu, uop, bu, upenn

do I stand any chance to be called for interviews?

Please help me..... I will appreciate all the help.....I am totally frustated as to what to do...

hi guys,
just got an interview call from UPENN for 10th october...
any (female) interviewing on the same day..
we could discuss things like accomodation....pls reply ASAP.

my stats : nb 1 -89, 111/120 ibt ,gpa 3.03, >6 months vonteering at dental clinics here... 1 yr work -exp in India.
not gr8 stats but worth a try.

Hi Preetha,
When did you send in your complete application packet?
Thanks

can anybody who has been to the interview at upenn suggest a cheap place to stay .

thanks

Any reapplicants heard from Upenn? Thanks

hi friends, i m in a huge fix.
i got an i'view from upenn on the 17th oct. but the prob is that i already scheuled an i'view at tufts uni on the 17th 2 weels ago.. i wanted to know if upenn will reschedule the i'view for me.
also, if nayone is willing to swap dates with me, plz let me know
any help is appreciated
thanks in advance
mkot

Does anyone have interview at UPenn on 6th of OCT ?

hello friends,
anyone who has i'view at upnn on the 20th oct?
mkot

Did you mean to say you got a rejection letter? Sorry if that was the case :(
What were your stats? I'm pretty sure mine is on the way too :scared:

Hey Dewdrop I think you have mistaken. I guess Tumi is waiting to get a reply for the previous post. Even I'm a reapplicant and haven't heard anything from them yet. but we'll hear soon, I hope.
Did you mean to say you got a rejection letter? Sorry if that was the case :(
What were your stats? I'm pretty sure mine is on the way too :scared:

Hi guys

Have any 2007 applicant received a rejection letter from Upenn already?

Well, I called up Upenn today and a lady told me that they have sent my mail yesterday. I asked her if she knew what the mail contained and she told me that she was not allowed to disclose any info through the phone. So I am quite sure that my rejection letter is on the way.:(

here are my stats:
NBDE 1-90
Toefl-110/120
ece-3.42
7 months of observorship in the US
no work experience in India

Good luck to all those who have received interview calls and others too

Hey dewdrop dont jump into conclusion that it'll be rejection letter. moreover, you have got a very good stats. so i'm +ve that it should be a interview letter. with this good scores you cant a rejection letter this early, that too without a interview. so hope for the best n don't lose your hopes :thumbup:
Hi guys

Have any 2007 applicant received a rejection letter from Upenn already?

Well, I called up Upenn today and a lady told me that they have sent my mail yesterday. I asked her if she knew what the mail contained and she told me that she was not allowed to disclose any info through the phone. So I am quite sure that my rejection letter is on the way.:(

here are my stats:
NBDE 1-90
Toefl-110/120
ece-3.42
7 months of observorship in the US
no work experience in India

Good luck to all those who have received interview calls and others too

I agree with Dent tex Dewdrop it is way too early for UPENN to be sending out rejection letters and that too without an interview!!
When I went for my interviewI was told that the first batch will be reviewed the end of this month.
I am sure your interview letter is in the mail.Don't worry:)

hey guys.....got a UPENN interview too......had called up to check on my status and they said that i have an invitation and they are busy like crazy and are in the process of sending out letters.....have scheduled it for 17th of this month....anyone coming on the same day???

lemme noe if anyone received any information packet and interview agenda???

good luck to everyone...

hey mkot.....did u manage to schedule ur UPENN interview???good luck for ur tufts one!!

hi friends,,i am done with my first interview in upenn,,well what should i say,,its like interview is just for 6-7 minutes with each faculty and just 2-3 questions,,and all the questions from ur personal statemnt and resume,,whatever u have written just they ask from that,,so just be thorough with it,,,
other than that everything is pretty cool like school tour and all,,,so just go and chill!!!!!!!nothing to worry:thumbup:

hi friends,,i am done with my first interview in upenn,,well what should i say,,its like interview is just for 6-7 minutes with each faculty and just 2-3 questions,,and all the questions from ur personal statemnt and resume,,whatever u have written just they ask from that,,so just be thorough with it,,,
other than that everything is pretty cool like school tour and all,,,so just go and chill!!!!!!!nothing to worry:thumbup:

Thanks a lot for this useful and handy info....you have calmed my nerves .... I have my interview on the 6th and this is also my first interview.....
Good Luck to you for your result from UPenn....

tks sweetgal......i guess everyone is pretty cool at UPENN.....it's good that our first interviews start on a good note....

Hey dewdrop dont jump into conclusion that it'll be rejection letter. moreover, you have got a very good stats. so i'm +ve that it should be a interview letter. with this good scores you cant a rejection letter this early, that too without a interview. so hope for the best n don't lose your hopes :thumbup:
hi dentex ...i received my rejection in august from upenn....but you have good stats and will surely hear froom them...goodluck

hey celestial...im new to this forum...still waiting for interview calls...gettin anxious...when did you apply to upenn and what are your stats...
hi naaz.....i had applied in july and received rejection in august...my stats are ..part1 86,gpa 3.4

Hey celestial sorry about that but I know that upenn's selection criteria is very uncertain because even I was rejected last year with the score of 87 and gpa of 3.65. but that was after my interview.
hi dentex ...i received my rejection in august from upenn....but you have good stats and will surely hear froom them...goodluck

Thanks a lot for this useful and handy info....you have calmed my nerves .... I have my interview on the 6th and this is also my first interview.....
Good Luck to you for your result from UPenn....
hey hydbds,,,all the best for ur interview,,,i am sure u will do good,,just relax!!!

Hi sweetgal,
Got back home? Nice to see you here.

tks sweetgal......i guess everyone is pretty cool at UPENN.....it's good that our first interviews start on a good note....
hi hgl,,faculty and staff are supernice and cool,,,and even the senior student who take us on tour was too good and friendly,,,it was as if we know them for yrs,,,well for me all i can say is,,whatever be the result it was a very good experience and i will take whatever comes to my way sportively:)

all the very best for ur interview:thumbup:

tks for ur wishes sweetgal...

I have a question for those of you reapplying to UPenn....
I applied on 2003 but was not called for interview since my Part I was not that good...
I retook part I and improved my score and I would like to reactivate my application... I called UPenn and the lady said I have to send a new application and paperwork again since "maybe they do not have my papers on file".
Were you guys told the same? Did you send a whole new application and supporting documents including the new iBT Toefl? ( I took mine 5 years ago...)
I would appreciate any input from you...

Hi sweetgal,
Got back home? Nice to see you here.

hey cattooth,,,did u go back to home or are u still in philly???it was really very nice meeting u all there,,,i wish we all get in the program:D ,,,
do tell me if u get a fedex,,and pm ur phone number sweety,,byee

all the best

hi sweetgal and cattooth, it was great to see you ppl at upenn. I could barely catch the 4:00 pm bus yesterday from philly, i was lucky or else i would not have got any connecting bus from NY to CT. Did I miss anything important after I left or Prince just departed all of you after the last clinic. Did you guys see any of the faculty later on before deprting or not. pls tell me as I am a lil worried if my leaving in the middle of school tour will count as a negative remark.
good to all

hi sweetgal and cattooth, it was great to see you ppl at upenn. I could barely catch the 4:00 pm bus yesterday from philly, i was lucky or else i would not have got any connecting bus from NY to CT. Did I miss anything important after I left or Prince just departed all of you after the last clinic. Did you guys see any of the faculty later on before deprting or not. pls tell me as I am a lil worried if my leaving in the middle of school tour will count as a negative remark.
good to all

hey sweety,,dont worry there was nothing important after that,,we too departed like after 15-20 min,,just chatting with prince in the corridor and nothing else,,we dint meet any faculty at all,,,good to hear u dint miss ur bus:D
anyways just tell us if u hear from any other school,,,i am sure u will get into boston with ur gr88 scores:thumbup:

all the best,,keep in touch

hey mkot.....did u manage to schedule ur UPENN interview???good luck for ur tufts one!!

hi HGL,
i did manage to get my i'view reschedudled, but i had to tell them why...now its on the 20th.
mkot

hi sweetgal,
i wanted to know if we have to carry any dcouments for the interview?

hi sweetgal,
i wanted to know if we have to carry any dcouments for the interview?

hi mkot,,u have to carry all the original documents,,like ur 4yrs marks cards,10 and 12th,degree certificate and all these toefl,nbde,ece,reports...

alll the best

Hi Sweetgal and Rodent,
Nice to c you all here. I am glad that you alll made your way home smoothly.
My hubby picked me up at the dental school. We gave Sharfali a ride from Philly to Princeton Junction so she could catch a train to another place in Jersey. I got home in just a couple of hours after the interview. Now I am busy with work and preparing for my next Interview at the end of Oct.
I just realized how interesting the 3 interviews that I had or will have are
1. Purely interview not clinical questions asked
2. Interviews + Clinic related questions(more verbal and written test oritented)
3.Interviews+Clinical Exam

I guess they are wonderful experience.
I wish you all the best and get the Fex in a few weeks.

Hi Sweetgal and Rodent,
Nice to c you all here. I am glad that you alll made your way home smoothly.
My hubby picked me up at the dental school. We gave Sharfali a ride from Philly to Princeton Junction so she could catch a train to another place in Jersey. I got home in just a couple of hours after the interview. Now I am busy with work and preparing for my next Interview at the end of Oct.
I just realized how interesting the 3 interviews that I had or will have are
1. Purely interview not clinical questions asked
2. Interviews + Clinic related questions(more verbal and written test oritented)
3.Interviews+Clinical Exam

I guess they are wonderful experience.
I wish you all the best and get the Fex in a few weeks.

hi cattooth,,,from which school u have interview at the end of the month????anyways i will give u a call tonight...all the best for the interview then,,,

hi mkot,,u have to carry all the original documents,,like ur 4yrs marks cards,10 and 12th,degree certificate and all these toefl,nbde,ece,reports...

alll the best

thanks sweetgal

received my rejection letter today.:(

Good Luck to all