UPenn, Harvard, Stanford, Mt Sinai, NYU, UCSF Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

acab

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I submitted secondaries to the following schools in August and have not yet received invitations to interview. Has anyone already heard from any of these schools? If so, when did you submit your secondaries?

Schools: UPenn, Harvard, Stanford, UCSF, Mt Sinai, NYU, and UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

I was complete by early july. I just got an email invite from mt. sinai last wednesday. I called NYU today and they said that they haven't sent out any invitations yet. For the rest, I have no clue.

Penn, Harvard, and UCSF have started interviewing. Stanford has not.

Members don't see this ad :)
My app was complete 8/11/03 and I was just invited for an interview today!!! I am also waiting to hear from the other schools on your list though.

Thanks all. Congrats Doctor!

My secondaries were in by the first week of September. I got a wave of interviews within a week and then didn't hear from the rest. Good luck!

Originally posted by acab
Hi all,

I submitted secondaries to the following schools in August and have not yet received invitations to interview. Has anyone already heard from any of these schools? If so, when did you submit your secondaries?

Schools: UPenn, Harvard, Stanford, UCSF, Mt Sinai, NYU, and UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson.

Thanks.

PENN is heard back from about 2 weeks ago for interview; complted last week of august. Harvard...haven't heard anything yet. just got complete (missing letter) about 10 days ago. UCSF/Stanford, haven't heard anything since secondary was complete (for Stanford, this was late august, for UCSF, this was late sept). hope this helps. good luck!

Harvard sent me an e-mail that my app was complete on 10/1, and I got an interview invite on 10/9. I haven't heard from any of the other schools post-secondary (I've been complete at most of them since late Sept or early Oct but didn't apply to RWJ).

From those who have already heard, did you find out through email or snailmail?

wow usmaple - harvard got back to you really quickly! they must really like you. good luck with your interviews! :)

Originally posted by medhopeful08
wow usmaple - harvard got back to you really quickly! they must really like you. good luck with your interviews! :)

Yeah, I wish schools responded that quickly to my complete files!

Originally posted by medhopeful08

Thanks, I guess I can only hope they like me! I actually had my secondary in a couple of weeks ago and was just waiting on my letters to be sent out, so it's possible they had already reviewed most of my app and were just waiting for the last bit. Other than that, I have no idea why they would have gotten back to me so quickly after completion.

This process is, above all else, weird.

Harvard received all my materials by first week of September. I got an email from them on 9/26 stating that my app was complete. Never heard from them again.

Congrats and good luck usmaple!

Originally posted by usmaple
Thanks, I guess I can only hope they like me! I actually had my secondary in a couple of weeks ago and was just waiting on my letters to be sent out, so it's possible they had already reviewed most of my app and were just waiting for the last bit. Other than that, I have no idea why they would have gotten back to me so quickly after completion.

This process is, above all else, weird.

For usmaple and everyone else, are the interview invites coming mostly through email. I keep checking my mailbox, but have figured they really only mail out rejection letters. Are most of the interview invites coming over the email? Just wondering. I think I might have asked this earlier.

Originally posted by Giving My .02
For usmaple and everyone else, are the interview invites coming mostly through email. I keep checking my mailbox, but have figured they really only mail out rejection letters. Are most of the interview invites coming over the email? Just wondering. I think I might have asked this earlier.

I've gotten about half mine through e-mail and the other through snail-mail. And don't figure it's a rejection letter if it's a thin envelope because sometimes they just send you one sheet that gives you a phone number and time frame to set up an interview in. Hope this helps!

Thanks,

I guess I will keep checking both compulsively.

Sorry .02, I missed your question before. Out of my 4 interview notifications so far, 2 were by e-mail and 2 were by snail mail. But, from friends of mine who have other interviews, I'm getting the impression that e-mail notifications might be more common.

Originally posted by Petitpois
And don't figure it's a rejection letter if it's a thin envelope because sometimes they just send you one sheet that gives you a phone number and time frame to set up an interview in. Hope this helps!
:laugh:
So true! My snail mail invites have only been single sheets, and I thought both were rejections. All of the fat envelopes I've gotten have just been viewbooks and information packets.

usmaple - was ur invitation to harvard via email or snail mail? **compulsively checking email**:)

for me, 2 were via email (one was harvard, medhopeful08), one was by phone with a letter coming a few days later, and one was by snail mail. that one was a thin envelope as well (bastards!).

my file at harvard was complete for a few weeks..then they finally sent an email acknowledging it was complete and then an interview email a few days later

upenn i did the secondary back in july and was verified last week of august...got interview email a couple weeks ago and interviewing tomorrow morning...

Tomorrow is the first official day of interviews at Penn!!