Updating SFMatch with AOA status after submission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

agedwhitecheddar

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this has been asked before but I was hoping for recent perspectives. I'm on track for AOA but our school doesn't release the notification until Sept, after SFMatch is submitted. Was wondering what people have done in this situation? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You can update SF match, which will then automatically update the programs. The problem is if the programs have already downloaded your app, they may not download it again, and may not see the AOA. You could always update the programs individually, or at least, the programs you desire the most via emailing the coordinator.

The SF Match people (particularly Damien but also everyone) are super super nice and helpful. They can always advise you on what you should do. I’d give them a call in August/September to see their opinion on the matter.

Last edited:
Speaking from a program coordinator point of view - we will get notifications from SF Match when a new document is uploaded to them, and we've also had applicants email us a copy of their AOA letter "just in case". Personally, since we do not start to interview until late Oct at least, we wait until we have received the Dean's Letters in early October before we download and print the application files so anything that is updated before then we would have in our download. I also will re-download files of those we are interviewing before printing to put in our folders for the interview day. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user