Updating grades on PTCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
As the semester come to a close and grades need to be updated I was wondering if people who have been through the process before could help give a little guidance. I read about the academic update window on the PTCAS website but I was wondering if that was a strict window or if you could update your grades sooner? I know there are schools that are waiting on certain prereq grades so I was thinking if grades are sent in faster it would (hopefully) give a better chance of them responding sooner.

Members don't see this ad.

There’s a specific time window, but I think you can enter your grade to your application as soon as you get it. You should give yourself a couple days before the time window starts to send an updated transcript to PTCAS. Let your professor(s) know about the academic update so they can finalize your grade as soon as possible.

I'm pretty sure you edit your academic history. Afterwards you'll need to send an updated transcript from the edited universities to PTCAS and possibly the DPT school you're applying to.