Updated Fred software

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

usmlesuccess

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be taking the step 1 soon and I would like to gain familiarity with the official fred software so that I can skip the tutorial. Where would I get that?

Members don't see this ad.

You can take the free NBME test at Prometric as a practice session. I went through it there. I think you can d/l it, but it didn't work on my mac when I tried.

There's a part where you have to check your equipment. I feel like no matter what, people should go through that section. There was a girl during my practice session who didn't, freaked out when her headphones didn't work, and ended up getting reported for misconduct to NBME. So, you know, don't be that person.

Yeah, I am actually taking the practice test this weekend. I just wanted to go through the software so that I can skip it on the prometric practice test...and on the real test...lol... although I will check my headphones

Yeah, I am actually taking the practice test this weekend. I just wanted to go through the software so that I can skip it on the prometric practice test...and on the real test...lol... although I will check my headphones

I've read so many confusing things on headphones.

Just to make sure, do they provide headphones to listen to the audio? And even if they do can we bring our own?

I've read so many confusing things on headphones.

Just to make sure, do they provide headphones to listen to the audio? And even if they do can we bring our own?

They provide the headphones. They make you empty your pockets, wand you to make sure you aren't bringing any metals in, use a finger scan and make you prove that the ear buds you bring in with you are squishy. The only things you are allowed to bring in are the key to the locker they give you, your ID, and your ear plugs if you would like. You can NOT bring your own headphones.