Update my file w/ Abstract Publication?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

donuthole

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Just recently by PI told me he put my name on a poster and abstract (as a co-author). Is this anything to update schools about now? Or should I wait to give schools my update. I pretty much finished all my secondaries by early october. I am on hold for an interview at UC Irvine and I really want to give them an update....not that I think it could help me. Is an abstract publication even something to give a hoot about?

Thanks for your help. I'd be lost without SDN!

Members don't see this ad.

You should most definetly send it to all the schools you are interested in. You should mention it in interviews coming up soon, if they cannot update your file in time.

ditto...it will only help...

Originally posted by donuthole
Hey all,

Just recently by PI told me he put my name on a poster and abstract (as a co-author). Is this anything to update schools about now? Or should I wait to give schools my update. I pretty much finished all my secondaries by early october. I am on hold for an interview at UC Irvine and I really want to give them an update....not that I think it could help me. Is an abstract publication even something to give a hoot about?

Thanks for your help. I'd be lost without SDN!

Did your PI put you on a poster <U>submission</U>? If the poster was submitted but has not yet been accepted, you should hold off on the update letter.

And if you don't get a decision soon enough, you'll have plenty of chances to talk about your submitted poster at your interview.

-AT.