Upcoming Knee Surgery.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinnybandit

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im new to the forum so if I'm posting this in the wrong section I apologize. I am 26 years old and I am going in for my second knee surgery due to multiple patella dislocations. My first surgery was similar to a lateral release. Now my surgeon is going to try something more extensive. My question is after my first surgery I was given hydrocodone 10mg/325, which didn't do a whole lot. Now right now before my surgery my surgeon prescribed me percocet 5/325, which doesn't do anything, I have to take 2 (so it amounts to 10/325 to feel relief). So I'm wondering if percocet 10/325 barely scratches the service of my pain now what do you think my doctor would prescribe me after a pretty extensive surgery? BTW the only other time in my live I've taken pain meds was after my first surgery when I was prescribed the hydrocodone 10/325. Now I'm a pretty big guy (6'4" 270lbs) im not sure if that would have to do with my tolerance. Anyway any input would help, share what helped you guys. Thanks again, and im glad I joined the forum.

Members don't see this ad.

Im new to the forum so if I'm posting this in the wrong section I apologize. I am 26 years old and I am going in for my second knee surgery due to multiple patella dislocations. My first surgery was similar to a lateral release. Now my surgeon is going to try something more extensive. My question is after my first surgery I was given hydrocodone 10mg/325, which didn't do a whole lot. Now right now before my surgery my surgeon prescribed me percocet 5/325, which doesn't do anything, I have to take 2 (so it amounts to 10/325 to feel relief). So I'm wondering if percocet 10/325 barely scratches the service of my pain now what do you think my doctor would prescribe me after a pretty extensive surgery? BTW the only other time in my live I've taken pain meds was after my first surgery when I was prescribed the hydrocodone 10/325. Now I'm a pretty big guy (6'4" 270lbs) im not sure if that would have to do with my tolerance. Anyway any input would help, share what helped you guys. Thanks again, and im glad I joined the forum.

SDN does not give medical advice.

OP, as others have already mentioned, asking for or providing medical advice is against our TOS on SDN. We are therefore closing your thread, and we would advise you to contact your surgeon regarding pain control and any other medical issues you may have.

Status
Not open for further replies.