Upcoming conferences I can submit Abstract?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Frogger27

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Rising M2 finishing up my summer project in Urology. I am in the process of beginning to write a manuscript over my research, but was hoping to submit an abstract for a poster presentation to an upcoming conference. I already have an abstract submitted for a different project to the AUA sectional meeting in my area in the fall (NCS). Does anyone know of any conferences coming up that would be worth submitting to (other than AUA national in May which does not have call for abstracts yet).

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone,

Rising M2 finishing up my summer project in Urology. I am in the process of beginning to write a manuscript over my research, but was hoping to submit an abstract for a poster presentation to an upcoming conference. I already have an abstract submitted for a different project to the AUA sectional meeting in my area in the fall (NCS). Does anyone know of any conferences coming up that would be worth submitting to (other than AUA national in May which does not have call for abstracts yet).

Thanks!

Depends on the focus of the abstract. The main domestic meetings to submit to are your AUA sectional and national meetings as you alluded to. The next group of meetings to consider are sub-specialty focused, like SUO for oncology, SUFU for female/neurourology, world congress (deadline passed for this year) for endourology, SMSNA for infertility/andrology, etc. There are also a ton of basic science meetings that I don't know as well. Do a little digging and you;ll find something.

Depends on the focus of the abstract. The main domestic meetings to submit to are your AUA sectional and national meetings as you alluded to. The next group of meetings to consider are sub-specialty focused, like SUO for oncology, SUFU for female/neurourology, world congress (deadline passed for this year) for endourology, SMSNA for infertility/andrology, etc. There are also a ton of basic science meetings that I don't know as well. Do a little digging and you;ll find something.

Awesome thanks for the reply- this is kind of what I thought. I was thinking of submitting to SUO, but it is in Phoenix and I am in the Midwest. Doubt I would be able to go out there/find funding to go. Didn’t want to submit an abstract if I won’t be able to present the poster

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome thanks for the reply- this is kind of what I thought. I was thinking of submitting to SUO, but it is in Phoenix and I am in the Midwest. Doubt I would be able to go out there/find funding to go. Didn’t want to submit an abstract if I won’t be able to present the poster

Couple options. First I’d talk to your research mentor to see if they or the department have any funds available to help. Phx is a pretty cheap place to fly to, and with med student registration costs (highly reduced) and finding a cheap air bnb expenses can be kept low.

Alternatively see if there is a resident or fellow going that wouldn’t mind being added on the project as a middle author who presents the poster. Free resume builder for them and you can have a first author poster presentation even if not there.

Finally many conferences give you an offer to present your poster when they accept it to the meeting, which you then have to agree to. Meaning you can submit something and then not present it if you can’t go. Just don’t accept the offer after they “accept” your abstract and then no show, which could have consequences. Note this may vary meeting to meeting so read the fine print.

Couple options. First I’d talk to your research mentor to see if they or the department have any funds available to help. Phx is a pretty cheap place to fly to, and with med student registration costs (highly reduced) and finding a cheap air bnb expenses can be kept low.

Alternatively see if there is a resident or fellow going that wouldn’t mind being added on the project as a middle author who presents the poster. Free resume builder for them and you can have a first author poster presentation even if not there.

Finally many conferences give you an offer to present your poster when they accept it to the meeting, which you then have to agree to. Meaning you can submit something and then not present it if you can’t go. Just don’t accept the offer after they “accept” your abstract and then no show, which could have consequences. Note this may vary meeting to meeting so read the fine print.

Great advice, thank you!