UOP - What rank of Wait list?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PHARMD101

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am trying to get a general idea of how many wait-listed applicants are on SDN. This might help give everyone on the waiting list some feel of where they stand.

I started this thread to promote some interaction among those waiting ....and waiting - it is starting to .....stress some of us out of proportion!

If we can communicate our status of top - middle - or low on the wait list, then we can all get an idea of how many are waiting for UOP's verdict.

My rank is high on the wait list.........and the wait is on! ::idea: :sleep:

Members don't see this ad.

I posted this in the other thread. I'm also waitlisted in the top portion.

Did everyone receive some sort of letter about the waitlist after we send in the form that says we want to be on the waitlist? I sent mine in last Monday and I haven't received anything else.

UOP does send a confirmation letter upon receipt of your acceptance on waitlist form - it usually takes about two weeks to arrive. I heard they are a week and a half behind on opening and reading their mail!

So do make sure you send in your acceptance forms soonest - if you haven't done so yet!

Remember, if you snooze....you lose:sleep:

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been waitlisted in the top portion.

I received a letter via snail mail today confirming my position on the wait list. Apparently there are about 50 people on the list.

Anyone know if UOP sends out acceptances to those on the wait list as other applicants they have accepted decline their offer? Is it sort of a rolling thing?

Being waitlisted is so frustrating.

+pity+

When did you send in your waitlist letter?

i'm in the middle portion :( i wish you guys on top the best of luck and hopefully enough people decline acceptance to allow the middle people in! :) i sent my waitlist reply 2 weeks ago

Around the 10th.

Has anyone had any luck getting an actual waitlist number? I doubt that they actually review everyone every single time when someone declines their acceptance.

Has anyone had any luck getting an actual waitlist number? I doubt that they actually review everyone every single time when someone declines their acceptance.

I am sure UOP uses a priority numbering system but that information is not given out.

BTW I hope all of you on the waitlist did send in an updated transcript with your waitlist acceptance forms - that was a request on the initial letter sent out with the form!

Any final documentation that makes you look good is advisable to send in at this time - A quick review when a spot is available could land you at UOP Fall 2007 class seat! :)

ok today, UCLASHAKER has declined his UOP acceptance. That comes down to 8 people in this forum declining their acceptance. Anyone esle declining, please post!

ok today, UCLASHAKER has declined his UOP acceptance. That comes down to 8 people in this forum declining their acceptance. Anyone esle declining, please post!

WOW! rxliteguy: Good job! Lets get the numbers in and form a team effort - if only 50 are on the waitlist - who knows, we might all get in by August!
Keep those numbers rolling in............:thumbup:

rxliteguy, which portion of the waitlist are you in?

Please post your UOP rejections here so we can tally and know how many spaces are available for the wait-listed students - thks. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi, I am trying to get a general idea of how many wait-listed applicants are on SDN. This might help give everyone on the waiting list some feel of where they stand.

I started this thread to promote some interaction among those waiting ....and waiting - it is starting to .....stress some of us out of proportion!

If we can communicate our status of top - middle - or low on the wait list, then we can all get an idea of how many are waiting for UOP's verdict.

My rank is high on the wait list.........and the wait is on! ::idea: :sleep:

i'm also on the high waitlist. couldn't be more happy with that considering i did so horrible on my interview.

i'm also on the high waitlist. couldn't be more happy with that considering i did so horrible on my interview.

Thanks for joining the club! :cool: :thumbup:

Is there anyone on the top portion who will reject their waitlist position?

Here are the latest acceptance/rejection stats for SDN forum:
8 people rejected their acceptance and 17 accepted and filled available spaces.

Please post any updated info you come across - also, communicate any new statistics received by mail from UOP - thank you!

Remember guys/gals - knowledge is power.........:)

Has anyone heard back from UOP lately. It seems that approx. 50% of the acceptance letter will be rejected by students - that means 50% of space available.
Please post any replies you receive from UOP admin. Thanks.

Has anyone heard back from UOP lately. It seems that approx. 50% of the acceptance letter will be rejected by students - that means 50% of space available.
Please post any replies you receive from UOP admin. Thanks.

how did you get the stat of 50%? that's alot of spaces.

I know one school that appears to wait until the students they have accepted decline their offer of admission; the school then re-evaluates the whole alternate pool. It seems unlikely that UOP does this since they give out approximations of wait-list status.

But...has anyone been pulled off of the wait list yet and accepted? Or heard of someone else who has so far?

As per UOP Admin, today, the range for waitlisted is 70-80. For those in the top portion it is safe to say you are in the top 20 - 30.:thumbup:

They have indicated that the rejections coming in from students is flowing somewhat faster at this time indicating spots are becoming available sooner than expected. This is good news to all waitlisted students for UOP!

Admissions is reviewing the top candidates and sending acceptance letters as spaces become available.

Those in the top portion should start to get acceptance letters in the very near future - please post your responses here so everyone can share your
exciting news! :)

As per UOP Admin, today, the range for waitlisted is 70-80. For those in the top portion it is safe to say you are in the top 20 - 30.:thumbup:

They have indicated that the rejections coming in from students is flowing somewhat faster at this time indicating spots are becoming available sooner than expected. This is good news to all waitlisted students for UOP!

Admissions is reviewing the top candidates and sending acceptance letters as spaces become available.

Those in the top portion should start to get acceptance letters in the very near future - please post your responses here so everyone can share your
exciting news! :)

i thought they will call you, according to the waitlist letter.

so much for the "approx 50 people on the waitlist" :(

Thank you PHARMD101 for updating us with the waitlist situation, and also thanks for keeping our spirits high! :thumbup:

i thought they will call you, according to the waitlist letter.

These are the words verbatim in my letter from Veronica Semler:
"When an opening in the class occurs, applicants on the list will be contacted on the basis of strength of their application..."

There is no mention of a phone call, though I would still keep my phone on just in case.

My assumption is that you will get an email and a letter. Personally, I prefer an email than a phone call! :)

Thank you PHARMD101 for updating us with the waitlist situation, and also thanks for keeping our spirits high! :thumbup:

You're welcome! Though, it is the whole team you have to congratulate - one hand cannot clap alone!

Please post your thoughts and correspondence with UOP here so that we can all feel at ease during the next three months.

Don't all shrivel up in a corner or let yourselves down - you need the self-esteem and a proactive outlook.

Be positive....worse comes to worst you have to apply again.

"You should not take it against you - it is the norm to apply again" - this was a quote at a Pre-Health Conference last weekend at Western U of HS by the Admissions Coordinator. In fact, she was bragging about a now physician who had to apply FOUR times before he was accepted!

Don't get me wrong. Though you have to understand that 1800 - 2500 students applying for 120 seats isn't going to get everyone in, right?

So hang loose, and relax - take a deep breath and count till maybe ten...you will all make it.....the question is when?! :luck:
:)

So I officially declined my spot at UOP today... so there is one more spot open for you guys :)

Good luck!

Thank you so much Rissa21!!! You've made my Friday night :laugh: :laugh:

Good luck at Loma Linda!!

So I officially declined my spot at UOP today... so there is one more spot open for you guys :)

Good luck!

Thank you for sharing Rissa21! It means a lot to UOP waitlisted students - it gives us hope. Many warm wishes to your success in Pharmacy School.

Pharmacy is all about teamwork....we love you! :love: :luck:

UOP waitlisted students - lend me your ears! It seems SDN members receiving acceptance letters from ADCOM number 17 and those that declined their spots number 9 - that is more than 50% rejection from SDN members!

Have any waitlisted students received any snail mail from ADCOM recently - please share your news so that all of us can make some sense of this vacuum out there!

We are always grateful for sharing........thanks! :confused: :)

Good luck!

Thanks Rissa21 for giving us hope! Best of luck to you! :)

Also, I called UOP today. The lady who I talked to said about 5 people have been admitted so far off of the alternate list. I asked about notification methods and she said either email or phone. That's about all I could manage to find out. Let's keep crossing our fingers.

Thanks Rissa21 for giving us hope! Best of luck to you! :)

Also, I called UOP today. The lady who I talked to said about 5 people have been admitted so far off of the alternate list. I asked about notification methods and she said either email or phone. That's about all I could manage to find out. Let's keep crossing our fingers.

did they tell you when they were taken off the wait list? Thaks for the update

No one on SDN got off the waitlist?

:thumbup: : Roka - You're a Rockin..!

Thanks for your input - 5 waitlisted spots should equate 25% of the top portion - that is awesome news!

The picture fits together like a puzzle - they did say last week that a stream of students' rejection letters were coming in, insinuating they have just started processing more acceptance letters as they pull out waitlisted students.

Their processing will speed up in the next thirty days as they will scramble to fill the vacancies that arise from students rejecting their spots.

Lets all keep a positive attitude! Again, thanks Roka for inquiring and keeping us up-to-date with such valuable info. This is the time to keep one's self-esteem and morale at its highest point.

Remember, getting accepted is the tip of the iceberg - there is plenty to do before the first day of class........but, that we will worry about when we get to that bridge!

Again and again I stress the need to share news on a daily basis as it becomes available, so please, waitlisted students top,middle or lower portion, please, cheer-up and become an active team member. Share!

Good luck in the coming weeks! :luck: :love:

did they tell you when they were taken off the wait list? Thaks for the update

No. She was vague; not sure if she deliberately meant to be or not. I didn't want to be too pushy (even if I don't particularly feel like being patient right now). ;)

PHARMD101: You're welcome! :D

It helps to talk with you all since we're in the same situation. Thanks guys!

so she said ABOUT 5. What does that mean? So she is not sure exactly how many? Is she trying to get you off her back?

Whom do you guys talk to when you call UOP?

Whom do you guys talk to when you call UOP?

Ask to get transferred to an admissions counselor in Pharmacy - they are your best bet for the latest info! As Roka mentioned they will try to paint a hazy picture - be patient and calm and clearly ask your questions.

They will avoid too many details - be courteous and good luck! Remember there are other students calling and asking the same questions on a daily basis - they could be getting irritated - Go-lytley!

Go Tigress........! :)

:scared: Dont get your hopes up.....the waiting list is about 70+ ppl.....not 50 as you thought before....:-( I seriously doubt they will "scramble" to fill their spots..... since everyone on the list has put down a deposit AND I was told that about 10 ppl were let in off the waiting list...and they all said yes verbally..............on the flip side people could reject UOP or drop out of the waiting list....

I asked if I should apply again if I am on the waiting list and was told that I should hold off until July to do so....DA MN IT! I would really rather spend the $1500 in total application fees on a down payment for a new car or put it towards a nice vacation to Europe (I have worked very hard to save this year)....sigh.....just wait wait wait:sleep:

:thumbup: : Roka - You're a Rockin..!

Thanks for your input - 5 waitlisted spots should equate 25% of the top portion - that is awesome news!

The picture fits together like a puzzle - they did say last week that a stream of students' rejection letters were coming in, insinuating they have just started processing more acceptance letters as they pull out waitlisted students.

Their processing will speed up in the next thirty days as they will scramble to fill the vacancies that arise from students rejecting their spots.

Lets all keep a positive attitude! Again, thanks Roka for inquiring and keeping us up-to-date with such valuable info. This is the time to keep one's self-esteem and morale at its highest point.

Remember, getting accepted is the tip of the iceberg - there is plenty to do before the first day of class........but, that we will worry about when we get to that bridge!

Again and again I stress the need to share news on a daily basis as it becomes available, so please, waitlisted students top,middle or lower portion, please, cheer-up and become an active team member. Share!

Good luck in the coming weeks! :luck: :love:

First, it's 5 people, now it's 10 people off the waitlist? Maybe each admissions counselor tells a different story :rolleyes:

:scared: Dont get your hopes up.....the waiting list is about 70+ ppl.....not 50 as you thought before....:-( I seriously doubt they will "scramble" to fill their spots..... since everyone on the list has put down a deposit AND I was told that about 10 ppl were let in off the waiting list...and they all said yes verbally..............on the flip side people could reject UOP or drop out of the waiting list....

I asked if I should apply again if I am on the waiting list and was told that I should hold off until July to do so....DA MN IT! I would really rather spend the $1500 in total application fees on a down payment for a new car or put it towards a nice vacation to Europe (I have worked very hard to save this year)....sigh.....just wait wait wait:sleep:

BanBidil - Don't be hard on yourself! We have three months ahead of us before first year students commence orientation, right?

My previous post on 5/3 did speculate around 70-80 waitlist positions. Roka mentioned about 5 were pulled - and you just mentioned "about 10 ppl were let in off the waiting list..." you just doubled the figure. What is wrong with that picture? That's 5 people more getting in - meaning according to your source, 10 people rejected their spots at UOP!

BTW, forget about buying a new car - save the money! Europe? Check the EURO rate :thumbup: and the dollar rate:thumbdown:. Don't mean to mess up your plans - save them for after graduation - my suggestion! Though, I know it's your money and it is a free world.....blahblah....!

Hang in there! A positive attitude will get you into Pharmacy school! :)

You guys are really going insane!!

What the heck, I'll join the insanity!!!!

:) :thumbup: :love: :hardy: :luck: :hello: :biglove:

Way to go...........Happiness can only deliver a healthy environment! :thumbup: :love: :) :D ;) :hardy: :luck:

you guys are nuts lol:laugh:

Wait listed in the middle portion for UOP. Chances are slim to none :( At least i got one acceptance so far.

Wait listed in the middle portion for UOP. Chances are slim to none :( At least i got one acceptance so far.

Sounds like one more candidate accepting Touro and moving on.....One less waitlisted in the middle portion at UOP! The squeeze is on....it will only get hotter in So.Cal......! The weather of course. :D

Anyone have news to share on UOP! Lets keep the party wagon rollin.....Bowlin........!:)