UOP Interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
just hang in there guys, there's definitely still hope especially if you're tier 1.

Members don't see this ad.

Koni should not feel disappointed, as I remember he/she has already been admitted to midwestern! Good Job!

I hope I have got an offer by now, but I am fighting with the waiting anxiety. For UOP, the best scenario will be an early decision, but that will be in later Dec. I guess.

well...i got the "defer decision" letter today too. do you guys think that they invite more cali residents for interviews than others in different states?? Im in MN, and I thought my stats were pretty good, considering they dont look at the pcat.. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
well...i got the "defer decision" letter today too. do you guys think that they invite more cali residents for interviews than others in different states?? Im in MN, and I thought my stats were pretty good, considering they dont look at the pcat.. :)

Don't lose hope! I am not in CA neither...

Anyway, what your stats looks like?

stats:
3.5gpa
degree in biology/minor psychology
pharm. tech over a year
hospital pharmacy volunteer
job shadowed express scripts pharmacists...

If we received the letter for the deferral, it means our applications are on hold until they get the pharmcas update right? That seems to be what it all boils down to.. This is what I've been thinking lately: UOP receives a tremendous amount of applications for about ~100 seats and interviews have already begun.. By Jan 2008, there's probably not going to be many seats left (if any?) for the students who were put on hold.

What do you guys think...?

if there's no way for me to get a pharmacist LOR (as required), is there even any point in filling out the supplemental app? I'm assuming they just throw away my app

I know some schools that participate in a point system that include GPA, interview, statement, and LOR does anyone know if UOP participates in a point system?

well koni...maybe in your case, they are waiting for fall grades. in my case, I am graduated and have no classes I am currently taking...so my hold is just a hold! Im not sure why they do it, seems like much more work to review a file, put it on hold, and then review it again later (if they are actually going to do that)

perhaps they are finished with interviews for first tier and want to start on second tier interviews. maybe they only interview so many people during each tier, then they will review the ones on hold once they have more slots left after three tiers.

perhaps they are finished with interviews for first tier and want to start on second tier interviews. maybe they only interview so many people during each tier, then they will review the ones on hold once they have more slots left after three tiers.

Yea, I think they said something about early being better because they review you three times instead of two times. Basically if your on hold your like a tier 2 applicant, and chances are only good if tier 2 doesn't have as strong of applicant pool as tier 1. I don't really understand why they have this type of system when they have so many applicants applying and less space than most other schools. Their requirements are low, they pull students from their 5 year program, so you have a high volume of applicants and less space. Then they go and review people up to three times. -.-

I think they use this method to encourage people to apply early, so they can get the best crop. Just my guess.

Just got my invite for an interview in the mail (dated Oct. 10) :) I am a first tier applicant, so there is still hope for the earlier applicants. Now I just have to schedule my interview and hope it doesn't interfere with any midterms :scared:

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got my invite for an interview in the mail (dated Oct. 10) :) I am a first tier applicant, so there is still hope for the earlier applicants. Now I just have to schedule my interview and hope it doesn't interfere with any midterms :scared:

Would you mind telling me what you have next to PCHK? And also can you post your stat here??? I felt that I wouldn't have hope before reading your post... now, I see hope again! ;) I know some people here have received a deferral letter. I have not received anything after that pre-req check, and my PCHK date was 9/19.

i also received my "deferral letter" today, and i couldn't stop balling my eyes out! :( congrats to all of those who have gotten invites for interviews! for the others in the same boat as me, i guess the only thing that we can do now is pray for some kind of miracle!

HEY ENZYMATIC

GONRATS on the interview. I also got my interview invite a couple days ago, thursday to be exact. I called on monday and scheduled for Nov 16th. Let men know what date u schedule!

Gluck!

Eznymatic, If you get accepted by UOP, which school would you choose between UOP and MWU-CPG?

I am a tier 1 applicant as well, and I'm still waiting for my status to change.

Kev

Hey.....

I just got a mail from UOP saying that I got the interview :D
I'm tier 1, and I thought i was almost rejected but I got it today so don't lose hope everyone!

I'll post my stats with my interview date once I call.. if anyone wants to know...

I am a tier 1 applicant as well, and I'm still waiting for my status to change.

Kev

Hey I'm just curious. What do you mean you're still waiting for your status to change? Is your "File Complete Date" blank, or?

Dang congratulations to everyone who got an invitation. Hearing about all your good news is making me so nervous inside hahaha :laugh::hardy:

Hey I'm just curious. What do you mean you're still waiting for your status to change? Is your "File Complete Date" blank, or?

File Complete Date: 7/20/07
PCHK: 9/20/07

I received that checklist a while ago, and I'm still expecting either the deferral or interview letter... does that clarify my earlier post?

^ Yea it does, thanks! My "File Complete Date" was blank for three months even though all my stuff were in, so I talked to the UOP admissions office today and they said they had forgotten to fill in the date! So the good news is I am for sure Tier 1 (file completed 7/18). The bad news is I haven't heard anything either... lol. :laugh:

i heard there definitely will be 200 plus invited to the interviews...+50% shot to getting in...frieghtening..

Yazzman

You mean that there will be 200+ invited from all the interviews right? NOT just first tier. On the UOP website, they say that they only give 250 interviews total. At the Open house, the admissions representative said that they try to stick to 250 interviews however, there was 1 year when 282 interviews were given because the applicant pool was so strong.

I just got my invitation to the interview!!!!!!! So, don't lose hope guys and girls! By the way, the letter was dated Oct. 15.... and I will post more info after I call them tomorrow.:D:D:D

Hi UOP interview candidates,

Did you guys receive an "Evaluation of Checklist results" before getting a letter for an interview? Also, how far apart did you get each of the letters?

What does the PINT date mean when checking your application status on the UOP website?

Thanks!

Airen

I just got my invitation to the interview!!!!!!! So, don't lose hope guys and girls! By the way, the letter was dated Oct. 15.... and I will post more info after I call them tomorrow.:D:D:D

When was your PCHK? Congrats on your interview invite!

i got an interview!
anyone here find a cheap flight to sac from la?

I've been deferred... oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait some more.

I've been deferred... oh well, I guess I'll just have to wait some more.

it's okay Lau, look on the bright side, you've been accepted to 2 pharmacy schools...not many people can say that right now.

DUMBGUY - SOUTHWEST.com
Miracle RATES!!! Lol. I live in Davis so im driving but when i fly to sd from sac, they have great deals!.

Hey guys. I got an interview for University of the Pacific on November 2nd. I live down in SoCal, so when I fly up to NorCal I'll need to find a way to get around. By chance, is anyone interviewing on that date, has a car, and wouldn't mind an extra passenger? Or know anyone who might fit that profile? Thanks in advance!
Me too. I got an interview on Nov 2.

Hey Guys

To all of those who have recently received interviews, did you receive your confirmation email yet? I booked my interview last friday for Nov 16th. The lady, Lupe (I think that is what her name is) said that she would email me within a week. It hasn't been a week yet but Im just a bit anxious!

THanks

Hey Guys

To all of those who have recently received interviews, did you receive your confirmation email yet? I booked my interview last friday for Nov 16th. The lady, Lupe (I think that is what her name is) said that she would email me within a week. It hasn't been a week yet but Im just a bit anxious!

THanks

i got a snail mail confirmation after scheduling my interview date.

Dumbguy

THe lady said that she was going to send confirmation about the interview. When I called, she said the only day she had available was on Nov 16. Did u guys choose Nov. 2 or did she just give it to U?

Ohandfj

How long after scheduling your interview did you receive a snail mail confirmation?

Dumbguy

THe lady said that she was going to send confirmation about the interview. When I called, she said the only day she had available was on Nov 16. Did u guys choose Nov. 2 or did she just give it to U?

i asked for nov 2nd but she said it was full.
p.s. you call call me DG if you like.:laugh:

There's no confirmation email, just a letter, it's just a map of campus, what hotels are nearby and directions to campus. Nothing important is sent so if you didn't get it, I wouldn't bother calling just to get it sent. It's a generic letter, your name isn't even on it.

it's okay Lau, look on the bright side, you've been accepted to 2 pharmacy schools...not many people can say that right now.

Thanks. You're right; there are so many well qualified and motivated applicants out there (esp. on SDN) that deserve to go to pharmacy school, I hope everyone else here gets their chance too...

So, for everyone who has an interview: congrats and good luck!

There's no confirmation email, just a letter, it's just a map of campus, what hotels are nearby and directions to campus. Nothing important is sent so if you didn't get it, I wouldn't bother calling just to get it sent. It's a generic letter, your name isn't even on it.

what is the check in time and how soon do you have to be there?

Congrats to those who got an interview!
Do you guys have any date listed on the 'PINT' line?

Does anyone know anyone else in the past who got deferred but later on got an interview and accepted?

Thank you

what is the check in time and how soon do you have to be there?

I just received my interview letter! :):) I'm scheduled for the 11th of Jan.. no more Nov dates.. darn

they told me it all starts around 1 PM but be there around 12:30 PM

are you tier 1? or tier 2?

I just received my interview letter! :):) I'm scheduled for the 11th of Jan.. no more Nov dates.. darn

they told me it all starts around 1 PM but be there around 12:30 PM

Have any Tier 2 applicants recieved a PCHK date?
i submitted my app 8/24, recieved my ID 9/28...but havent recieved anythign since.
an admissions staff member told me that they will start sending invites for Tier 2 soon.

So there's another interview for Jan 11th. Well, I guess there is a big advantage to applying in tier 1 then. If the 4 dates so far fill up with Tier 1 people that means 144 interview slots of about 250 are from Tier 1.

Looking at those stats it looks like that if you got a defferal letter, you may not get an interview since there are only about 100 interview slots left for Tier 2 and 3 before they get to the deferrals.

Did anybody get an interview after a defferal? A girl at my school got a deferral last year and then got a rejection letter later in the year, she was Tier 2 last year.

So there's another interview for Jan 11th. Well, I guess there is a big advantage to applying in tier 1 then. If the 4 dates so far fill up with Tier 1 people that means 144 interview slots of about 250 are from Tier 1.

Looking at those stats it looks like that if you got a defferal letter, you may not get an interview since there are only about 100 interview slots left for Tier 2 and 3 before they get to the deferrals.

Did anybody get an interview after a defferal? A girl at my school got a deferral last year and then got a rejection letter later in the year, she was Tier 2 last year.

Now that makes me really sad. Oh well, I gave it my best shot!