UOP Housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fidelio

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I tend to not think these things through. I was told by UOP that there wasn't any housing available right now for pharmacy students? So... where is everyone who hasn't found housing going to stay? Do you all have roommates?

I just don't want to be stuck renting out an apartment by myself when I could just have someone from class share one. What do you guys think?

Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't received housing info yet. but i thought we can live in the dorms??

Hi everyone - I was thinking about finding an apartment - where are you guys located?

Members don't see this ad :)
so there really isn't on campus housing?!!!

Well... I wanted to know because I will most likely not be in California during the summer. I emailed Veronica Semler. She said there wasn't any housing available for first year pharm students, but to check back later and get myself added on their waitlist.

I live in SoCal. I haven't determined when I'm moving to Stockton though and if I do, most likely I'll just find an apartment.

Well... I wanted to know because I will most likely not be in California during the summer. I emailed Veronica Semler. She said there wasn't any housing available for first year pharm students, but to check back later and get myself added on their waitlist.

I live in SoCal. I haven't determined when I'm moving to Stockton though and if I do, most likely I'll just find an apartment.

So have you already receive the housing info? I haven't so I'm clueless about the availability.

I remember from open house that they said UOP pharmacy students got priority to live in the brookside apts. I am pretty sure they give first years housing on campus if you want it.

i'm from sacramento and i've been looking at craig's list to get a feel of the costs and locations of apartments in stockton. i know that it's still april and we won't be there until later this fall, but i just want to know. does anyone want to go apartment hunting with me some day? I'm not suggesting that we
find a place together, and i'm not suggesting that we don't live together...well......you get what i'm saying, right? but i just want to get to know the area and to look at the places that we might be living in.

i hope they quickly pull people off from the waitlist as soon as space is open so i can start looking for roommates.

keep bothering veronica. that's that i told eskylama. but don't piss her off though. just make it look like you're really interested.

last year, my friend called veronica and pretended that she was in town so she asked to meet up with her (she really wasn't in town, she just used that as an excuse to see her). but anyway, they started talking for a while and veronica told her that a spot just opened up and asked if she'd like to take it.
she was also waitlisted and it was some time near may. i'm not saying that you'll get the same outcome, but i figure that it might be worth a try. plus, i think it's harder to reject someone once you're seen them in person. ;)

I'd like to get a place to live with some roommates from the class. Sadly I'll be out of the country for most of the summer. I guess I'll be looking for housing in mid August when everyone will probably be already set. :(

hi, received an email from veronica confirming that there's really no dorm available for first year pharm students. I'm freaking out=( I live in LA so I don't have time to go there in person to look for a place to live, should I start looking for roommates now? is it too late if i wait until like june or july?

hi, received an email from veronica confirming that there's really no dorm available for first year pharm students. I'm freaking out=( I live in LA so I don't have time to go there in person to look for a place to live, should I start looking for roommates now? is it too late if i wait until like june or july?

i've actually been trying to gather people who are going to be living in stockton so we can help each other find places to live...even if we're not gonna be roommates, it might help. let me know if you're interested.

yeah I'm interested, but I don't if I should start searching for housing this soon cuz im still sort of waiting for usc. also, how are you going to check out the places? Are you guys going to go there in person?

yeah, we're planning on just going there to take a look. you can still come while you wait for usc though...we're not going to sign any contract yet..i don't think.

so would the rest of you be interested in meeting up somewhere and look at the housing in stockton some time? we can plan a day to go together.