UOP Class of 2013!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dancer123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got accepted to UOP for the class of 2013... and since it was pretty much my first choice I plan on attending!!!

What is everyone going to do for housing in Stockton? Does anyone have any suggestions about where to stay?

Members don't see this ad.

congrats dancer123...
i have also been wondering about housing... but i didnt want to ask on the pre-pharm thread since not too many people are in yet.

ive been trying to do research on apartment complexes near school... I don't want to live on campus since a significant other will hopefully be moving in after the first semester.

seems like there are tons of complexes to the north and east of school. any studnets or stockton natives have any advice?

Hello, I am also pondering about where to stay. Housing on campus seems the easiest and maybe the safest choice right now.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! Just got into UOP and Pacific in Oregon! Anyone else in yet??? I think I'm going to pick UOP and was wondering if anyone knew some good places to live in Stockton?

Just to let you know, off campus housing near the school is really safe. I have a lot of friends in the area and there are some great gated communities and the rent can be cheaper than living on campus if you can find one or two other people to live with =)

Does anyone know whether the enrollment confirmation is binding? In other words, if we confirm enrollment, but later decide to enroll in a different pharmacy school, would that be okay? (I know that the deposit is non-refundable).
Thanks!

Does anyone know whether the enrollment confirmation is binding? In other words, if we confirm enrollment, but later decide to enroll in a different pharmacy school, would that be okay? (I know that the deposit is non-refundable).
Thanks!

I think you are just risking losing the deposit... someone correct me if I'm wrong...

It looks like there are some good deals on apartments on craigs list, and I just barely started looking. I will wait until it gets a little closer to make any decisions, but I will probably end up renting somewhere.

There are nice 1 Bedrooms that range about $600-$700, 2 Bedrooms around $700-$800, and houses with 2+ bedrooms available to rent for around $1000-$1500 (the houses were really nice!). Any of these options sound more reasonable than on campus housing. If students renting pay for a certain amount of time up front (as they would in the dorms) then no one would have to worry about their roommates not paying rent each month... :)... I will probably be looking for a roommate or roommates...

I'm sure these wont be available in fall but they are nice examples...
http://stockton.craigslist.org/apa/1495041392.html
http://stockton.craigslist.org/apa/1494977628.html
http://stockton.craigslist.org/apa/1494944540.html

It looks like there are some good deals on apartments on craigs list, and I just barely started looking. I will wait until it gets a little closer to make any decisions, but I will probably end up renting somewhere.

There are nice 1 Bedrooms that range about $600-$700, 2 Bedrooms around $700-$800, and houses with 2+ bedrooms available to rent for around $1000-$1500 (the houses were really nice!). Any of these options sound more reasonable than on campus housing. If students renting pay for a certain amount of time up front (as they would in the dorms) then no one would have to worry about their roommates not paying rent each month... :)... I will probably be looking for a roommate or roommates...

I'm sure these wont be available in fall but they are nice examples...
http://stockton.craigslist.org/apa/1495041392.html
http://stockton.craigslist.org/apa/1494977628.html
http://stockton.craigslist.org/apa/1494944540.html

the first and third one seem super nice... but a little far from campus.

I am not in UOP yet, but I DO live in stockton, so Ill be happy to help..

Point Blank, Stockton, for out of towners has a high murder rate. Regardless of where you live, the drug dealers move from the hood to the suburbs with their drug money so they'll be even in the nicest of neighborhoods.

There is pretty much six UPSCALE neighborhoods, if you are looking for rooms to rent. The first is on the southside, known as Weston Ranch. The Second is on the northside, closest to UOP, known as Brookside. Third is about 2 or 3 miles away from UOP where alot of retired older folks live, known as Quail Lakes. Fourth is at the northwest end of stockton, known as Eight Mile, Fifth to the east, is Spanos Park, and Sixth, a bit more east of Spanos Park is Morada.

If you are looking for close living to to UOP there are apartments right on Pacific Ave, for pretty cheap. There is a very nice Supermarket down the street, if you look on Google Maps, you will see what I am talking about.

Don't move into Kentfield, Manchester, or Oak Park. I have friends that live there, and it is asian gang territory, although the housing is very cheap. They are the closest apartments I can think of outside of the UOP area.

Any questions, feel free to PM me.

I am not in UOP yet, but I DO live in stockton, so Ill be happy to help..

Point Blank, Stockton, for out of towners has a high murder rate. Regardless of where you live, the drug dealers move from the hood to the suburbs with their drug money so they'll be even in the nicest of neighborhoods.

There is pretty much six UPSCALE neighborhoods, if you are looking for rooms to rent. The first is on the southside, known as Weston Ranch. The Second is on the northside, closest to UOP, known as Brookside. Third is about 2 or 3 miles away from UOP where alot of retired older folks live, known as Quail Lakes. Fourth is at the northwest end of stockton, known as Eight Mile, Fifth to the east, is Spanos Park, and Sixth, a bit more east of Spanos Park is Morada.

If you are looking for close living to to UOP there are apartments right on Pacific Ave, for pretty cheap. There is a very nice Supermarket down the street, if you look on Google Maps, you will see what I am talking about.

Don't move into Kentfield, Manchester, or Oak Park. I have friends that live there, and it is asian gang territory, although the housing is very cheap. They are the closest apartments I can think of outside of the UOP area.

Any questions, feel free to PM me.

thnx brooklynn... thats actually really helpful

From someone who used to live on campus, do NOT get on campus housing. Rent is a lot more expensive. Internet short out a lot, and always at crucial times (i.e. midterms/finals). The only pro of living on campus is that you're 5 minute away from class. But is that worth the $900/month rent?

Brookside, Quail Lakes, 8 Mile areas are pretty good. A lot of my friends live at Torcello (near Costco), which is pretty decent.

Rule of thumb: stay NORTH of UOP.

I just received the e-mail today after my interview last Friday! I'm going to be a Tiger!!! I look forward to making some connections here before heading to school this fall. My husband and I will be moving to Stockton late this summer...time to start looking for housing!

Congratulations to all those accepted!

:soexcited:

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received the e-mail today after my interview last Friday! I'm going to be a Tiger!!! I look forward to making some connections here before heading to school this fall. My husband and I will be moving to Stockton late this summer...time to start looking for housing!

Congratulations to all those accepted!

:soexcited:

congrats, benzene..

still gonna go to uop if you get into UCSF? just wondering

congrats, benzene..

still gonna go to uop if you get into UCSF? just wondering

Hi, cheeseboy2!

Thanks for the congrats! Yeah, I'm definitely going to UOP. I placed my deposit this past weekend, and I'm canceling my other two interviews. Even if I got into the other two, I would still choose to go to Pacific. UOP was my #1 school! I truly feel that it has the best program offered in the state and that it's reputation, when you talk one-on-one with those practicing in the field, supersedes all others. I think it's the best fit for me, and I can hardly wait for August 23!

Are you interviewing elsewhere or is UOP your final choice? From where are you coming? I'm elbow-deep in the housing search right now. I'll share any good information I receive.

Hi, cheeseboy2!

Thanks for the congrats! Yeah, I'm definitely going to UOP. I placed my deposit this past weekend, and I'm canceling my other two interviews. Even if I got into the other two, I would still choose to go to Pacific. UOP was my #1 school! I truly feel that it has the best program offered in the state and that it's reputation, when you talk one-on-one with those practicing in the field, supersedes all others. I think it's the best fit for me, and I can hardly wait for August 23!

Are you interviewing elsewhere or is UOP your final choice? From where are you coming? I'm elbow-deep in the housing search right now. I'll share any good information I receive.

That's real refreshing to hear. So many people have a UCSF worship that they wouldn't pass up an opportunity to interview.

UOP is my final choice. I interviewed at a couple other schools but I can honestly say that I am very satisfied with UOP. Last year I applied and didn't get an interview so this year I'm grateful.

I'll be driving up from San Diego and I've been dabbing in and out of craigslist and apartment rental websites looking for a place to live. I've definitely been taking the advice of previous posters on this thread, though.

That's real refreshing to hear. So many people have a UCSF worship that they wouldn't pass up an opportunity to interview.

UOP is my final choice. I interviewed at a couple other schools but I can honestly say that I am very satisfied with UOP. Last year I applied and didn't get an interview so this year I'm grateful.

I'll be driving up from San Diego and I've been dabbing in and out of craigslist and apartment rental websites looking for a place to live. I've definitely been taking the advice of previous posters on this thread, though.

I agree with the preponderance of UCSF worship. I have a friend who graduated recently, and she cautioned me strongly against listening to the hype. She encouraged me to research authentic indicators of a school's success, i.e. NAPLEX pass rates, retention, etc. Most people don't look beyond the markers printed in popular publications and university rankings which place weight upon NIH research dollars received and other hallmarks.

I'm very please to be going to UOP. If I had gotten into all schools to which I applied, I would still be going to UOP. I value a sense of community within my school and an environment centered around students and that community (I'm a community college graduate in search of a sense of cooperation that I failed to find in the UC undergraduate years). I don't think UOP will let me down!

Good luck with the housing search. I've looked into some of the neghborhoods north and west of school as well as a few outside of Stockton. I'd rather not commute, but we'll see what happens. I'll be sure to post any info I find here!

hey guys..congrats to those who got accepted..im very envious of you guys..in a good way. i haven't received my rejection letter yet..but no interview either..i wonder if i will get a chance by this time of year..as the end of the interview cycle is near the end..any idea when the last interview rounds will be? mind sharing ur stats? my gpa is about 3.7 under grad...3.5 for sciences...not much extra curriculum

hey guys..congrats to those who got accepted..im very envious of you guys..in a good way. i haven't received my rejection letter yet..but no interview either..i wonder if i will get a chance by this time of year..as the end of the interview cycle is near the end..any idea when the last interview rounds will be? mind sharing ur stats? my gpa is about 3.7 under grad...3.5 for sciences...not much extra curriculum

good luck to you, toluene.

all that i've heard is that they want to wrap up and have the class filled by late april, so i don't know how many more interview dates there will be. i heard there was one coming up this week, then i'd guess 1 or 2 more in march and early april.

find me on pharmapplicants for my stats :)

Wow, there're 2 different links for UOP COP C/O 2013.

hey all,

i finally made my decision and i have chosen to be a tiger! i've just started my housing search and so far, this thread has been helpful in narrowing down neighborhoods. i was wondering if there is some forum or list for people looking for a roommate. i wanted to live off campus but preferably with one or two other people. any recommendations anyone may have about getting started on that, i'd greatly appreciate it. see you all in the fall!

Hi guys!
I just paid my deposit (online) and sent in my transcripts. Is there anything else I need to do? Anyone receive info on immunization yet? :confused: Im afraid im missing some steps and they will kick me out of school :eek:

Hi guys!
I just paid my deposit (online) and sent in my transcripts. Is there anything else I need to do? Anyone receive info on immunization yet? :confused: Im afraid im missing some steps and they will kick me out of school :eek:
No immunization info in my package. I'm gonna call Veronica. I'm afraid that too. Getting into this school is sooo hard, I don't wanna be kicked out ^^ If I get any new info, I'll post it.

Anyone got on-campus housing yet? The letter states we have to sign up for the waitlist. Does it mean on-campus housing is already full?
Thx in advance for replying.

I sent a form in putting my name on the on-campus wait-list. I am pretty sure I do not want to live on campus but I thought it couldn't hurt to get on the wait-list. Anyways they said I would be emailed a confirmation that I am on the wait-list but I never heard anything??

Last edited:
Hey everyone, i have a 2 bed, 2 bath apartment that's within a very short walking distance of the pharmacy school. It's called The Cottages. Here's a link to some of the pics of the place:

http://www.forrent.com/apartment-community-profile/999911744.php

I have a downstairs unit which is nice for both moving in and during the hot summers. The entire property is gated and the unit has washer/dyer hookups.

I'm looking for 1 roommate. The rent is $975 per month. PM if you're interested or have any questions.

I sent a form in putting my name on the on-campus wait-list. I am pretty sure I do not want to live on campus but I thought it couldn't hurt to get on the wait-list. Anyways they said I would be emailed a confirmation that I am on the wait-list but I never heard anything?? .

What form is it? The student housing contract? Did you pay $200 as well?

What form is it? The student housing contract? Did you pay $200 as well?

There was a link to the student housing wait-list form on one of the emails that was sent out to everyone. I used that, but I never heard anything so I'm not sure if it worked. No, I did not pay any money.

so i vaguely remember when i went to the interview, that they said that students are provided with laptops from the school. does anyone know if this is true and if they are included in the tuition or cost an additional fee, etc.

yes, we get tablets, and I am 99% sure it is included in the fees.

Hi everyone, They have started posting our Financial Aid Award Packages. Has anyone got any scholarships or actual financial aid other than loans? I didn't have any posted on my account and I am shocked... I guess I thought I would get SOMETHING. I don't know whether they have only started posting loans, maybe they don't give out any scholarships to pharmacy students, or if it's just me who didn't get any financial aid??

Hi guys, I am a male looking for a roomate for the upcoming UOP fall 2010 entering class. I have an apartment located close to campus (few minutes walk) and its very safe. Its a 2 bedroom, 2 bath apt by the way. If you are interested please pm me. Thanks!

Hi all,

I'm a female looking for a roommate for Fall 2010. I haven't yet found a place but will be making a trip up to look at a few apartments soon. PM me for more information about me if interested.

Hey guys, im new to this thread. Just got accepted last week.

Last edited:
Also, after you've been accepted how long did it take everyone to receive an acceptance packet? I'm anxious :smuggrin:

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I just learned I had got accepted last week and am so excited!! I've been frantically trying to get in all of my forms and request. I learned from campus housing that it would be best for me to look for places off campus since the waitlist is so long. Does anyone know of a good location that is close to the pharmacy school for rent or is anyone still looking for a roommate?

Hi everyone, I just learned I had got accepted last week and am so excited!! I've been frantically trying to get in all of my forms and request. I learned from campus housing that it would be best for me to look for places off campus since the waitlist is so long. Does anyone know of a good location that is close to the pharmacy school for rent or is anyone still looking for a roommate?

try this website

http://www.asppacific.com/

keep an eye under the "classified" section

did any of you get accepted without a bachelors?
not me, but i know the 3+3 students dont have theirs.

Out of curiosity, did any of you get accepted without a bachelors?

Thanks

Yes I did, and I am soooo glad that I applied this year. All of my advisors and teachers said to wait until I have my bachelors degree, but there are many benefits to not getting your degree as well. It means one/two years less undergraduate work, less loans overall, if you have unsubsidized loans it's less interest, you get into the job market earlier (who knows what will happen in another year or two), AND I just found out that since I didn't graduate I can still receive a Cal Grant. Everyone can get up to 5 years of Cal Grant money (10 semesters), and if you get into Pharmacy school without a bachelors before those 5 years are up, then you can continue getting the Cal Grant!!!! Also, UOP matches the amount you get for the Cal Grant! If you are sure about a career in Pharmacy, then there is no need to get your degree!

Hey everyone,

The Delta Quail in Stockton is a nice place to live. It's about 7 minutes away from campus and is in a nice neighborhood.

Got accepted yay!

Last edited:
does anyone know how much the commitment deposit is for UOP pharm this year?