Unsolicited recruiter text about a job that someone else might want

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ProReduction

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Unsolicited text from a recruiter who I do not know (area code is from Texas like most are):

"Hey Dr . . . new Neurology position located in the gateway to the Rockies base salary 550k, outpatient only, no nights no weekends no call 100% student loan repayment. Are you interested in speaking about the details?"

Contact # is (469) 815-7644. Make sure to call/text before 0700 AM local time in Texas please as these recruiters love to do the same.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Why are they always cagey about either the location or the compensation range? Wouldn't it save everyone a lot of time if they were more open about these in the beginning?

Why are they always cagey about either the location or the compensation range? Wouldn't it save everyone a lot of time if they were more open about these in the beginning?
Of course. But these recruiters all think they are Jordan Belfort and can close the deal once they get you on the phone. They can't. Also, they will argue that Evansville, Indiana aka the "Gateway to the Gateway to the Gateway to the Gateway to the Rockies" is still a "Gateway to the Rockies". Who knows. The job might actually be in Aurora Colorado.

Of course. But these recruiters all think they are Jordan Belfort and can close the deal once they get you on the phone. They can't. Also, they will argue that Evansville, Indiana aka the "Gateway to the Gateway to the Gateway to the Gateway to the Rockies" is still a "Gateway to the Rockies". Who knows. The job might actually be in Aurora Colorado.
Right? Lol. As soon as we get on the phone and they do their pitch about the opportunity then I ask location, I politely end the conversation.

You’ll never make 500k living somewhere nice.

Reactions: 1 users
You’ll never make 500k living somewhere nice.
I'd rather make 220 somewhere I want to live than 500 somewhere that I'll be saving up to get out of ASAP

True. During my travels I've certainly seen some pretty depressing hospitals out in the sticks. They pay well, but unless you're from that area and have some sort of attachment to it it's pretty terrible to live out there.

Also seen some churn through visas. Basically every 3 years or so they hire someone who needs a visa when the one who was there inevitably got theirs and got the hell out of dodge.

True. During my travels I've certainly seen some pretty depressing hospitals out in the sticks. They pay well, but unless you're from that area and have some sort of attachment to it it's pretty terrible to live out there.

Also seen some churn through visas. Basically every 3 years or so they hire someone who needs a visa when the one who was there inevitably got theirs and got the hell out of dodge.
These jobs are really good for us visa holders as 1) they offer a J1 waiver which will allow one to transition green card finally and 2) in 3 years if one lives a like resident it’s easy enough to have $800k post taxes in the bank- enough for a decent house in a nice large Midwest city the way I see it.

Reactions: 1 users
Yup!

I've known a lot of good folks who do just that. Did not mean to demean the jobs and I hope it didn't come across that way. Some folks even use it as a springboard to fellowship.

Agreed wasn’t shooting down the job specifically. If I was single then I would probably do just that but my spouse isn’t interested in moving to the middle of nowhere for money