Unsealed sources licensing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thompa

Terminus Est
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For anyone doing unsealed sources under NRC 35.3xx, how did you go about getting approved on the license for these procedures? We're trying to get this off the ground and running into pushback from Nuc Med that we're not on the NRC license for these procedures.

Members don't see this ad.

For anyone doing unsealed sources under NRC 35.3xx, how did you go about getting approved on the license for these procedures? We're trying to get this off the ground and running into pushback from Nuc Med that we're not on the NRC license for these procedures.
been a while since I travelled this road but didn't it become a thing that the NRC recognized board cert by ABR in RO as being an automatic for getting AU license status?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Doesn't seem automatic? https://www.nrc.gov/docs/ML1216/ML12164A741.pdf

I can ask for expanded authorization for 35.396 as I'm already an authorized user for 35.4 and 35.6, but by my reading, the NRC still wants a sign-off on training hours and cases. Not clear to me who needs to sign it though. Me, my former residency director, or the nuc med who supervised my cases when I was a resident.

Issue here will be if Nuc med has to sign off on it, they may not, cause #TurfBattle

Gonna bump this. Anyone here NRC licensed for unsealed sources and using them?

The NRC form (see above) to get added as AU needs to be signed by someone who is already an AU for unsealed sources. How did people get past this hurdle? No one in my department is an AU for unsealed sources and Nuc Med is refusing to sign it to protect their turf. It's not quite as simple as just being board certified. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss.

The NRC form (see above) to get added as AU needs to be signed by someone who is already an AU for unsealed sources. How did people get past this hurdle? No one in my department is an AU for unsealed sources and Nuc Med is refusing to sign it to protect their turf. It's not quite as simple as just being board certified. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss.

If it was me and I had nuc Med that wanted to do it, I wouldn’t get involved. Not worth your time!
Hopefully someone can help you out tho

What's an example of something the 35.396 lets you do? Like Xofigo? Whatever it is, I think the thing from the company you're trying to get off the ground, the company should be able to help quite a bit and give you a hook-up?