Unmatched Phase II 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dreamingoftmrw

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Regarding phase II, if offered interviews, does anyone know if it has to be an onsite interview? Do you think programs will be okay with video interviews like through Skype? I don't know if I would be able to afford travel and hotel and take time off rotation...

Members don't see this ad.

It depends on the site, but most are going to be phone interviews or skype interviews if you're not local.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm having a dilemma... Should I and can I submit my application if I'm still waiting on a reference writer?

I'm having a dilemma... Should I and can I submit my application if I'm still waiting on a reference writer?
yes - submit it - we aren't going to (usually) penalize a person because their reference doesn't have their ducks in a row

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone heard back from programs for interviews? If so, would you mind sharing where or maybe at least state/geographical region?

Has anyone heard back from programs for interviews? If so, would you mind sharing where or maybe at least state/geographical region?

Just finished part 1 interview via phone (no face to face). Received offer yesterday around 12 pm from NJ

Just finished part 1 interview via phone (no face to face). Received offer yesterday around 12 pm from NJ
you can't receive an offer from the phase II yet? or do you mean another offer?

We aim to start sending out invites by Wednesday evening/Thursday of this week.

We are quite overwhelmed with the number of applicants. We have received over 45 and we just have one position left. We still predict we might have more submitted too.

How many programs did you all apply to this go around? Is 8 too much or too little ?

Denver Health has already done onsite and phone interviews