UNLV Supplemental Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gravesw87

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just filling out UNLV's supp. app when I got a little confused. First, their secondary institutions page mentioned sending them transcripts directly. Would I need to do that if I have already submitted them to PTCAS and they've already been verified?

Secondly, what about any additional documents (i.e. personal statement, resume, etc.)? Are those required?

Lastly, there's a space for recommendations--I don't need one of those if I've already designated 4 via PTCAS and they've all been turned in and verified, right?

Sorry for all of the Q's, but the instructions were a little vague since it's essentially an application for ALL potential grad students.

Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Check out UNLVs website, if the information isn't there, email them. I applied there but don't remember the details offhand.

Good advice. All applicants: Please follow the application instructions on the program website. Use the PTCAS information they provide as well. Please do not submit additional materials that are not requested.

The generic university "supplemental" application is just that, one that has to serve the needs of all academic programs at the institution. So follow the instructions on PTCAS and the institutional website. Usually the fields on the generic application have caveat's. IUPUI's has a field that says "personal statement, if required." IU DPT does not require a personal statement submitted in the online application. If you submit one, it is not used in the process; it's not reviewed at all.

Good luck,

Josh Morrison
Director, Student Enrollment Services
IU School of Health & Rehabilitation Sciences, IUPUI
www.shrs.iupui.edu
[email protected]

Check out UNLVs website, if the information isn't there, email them. I applied there but don't remember the details offhand.

Members don't see this ad :)
I've checked UNLV's website, but since ptcas.org is still down and I haven't heard back from UNLV I was hoping someone else who had applied there could point me in the right direction.

Hi, I am also applying to UNLV. Did you find out more information? Their website indicates we do not need to complete the graduate program supplementary information, which includes the personal statement and resume. But do we have to send them recommendations that are sent to PTCAS?

After spending more time reading their website, I found out that the section on transcripts said that if transcripts were not already sent that the supplemental application was simply a means to send them. Since they were sent via PTCAS, I didn't include any. I assumed that the same was true for recommendations since I couldn't find any writing about that on the website.