UNLV insate acceptances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaremy

TCB - UNLV 2009
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have some good info on UNLV and instate acceptances.........like how much easier is it to get in if you are instate and so on...............

Members don't see this ad.

Wouldn't know, i'm just a bozo.

As I remember I was told that the entering class last year has around 40 instates (class size is 75). Any upperclassmen can verify this?

Members don't see this ad :)
JRogoff said:
Wouldn't know, i'm just a bozo.

I sense some underlying resentment and agression. :laugh:

I am an instate NV resident and I thought that it would be a breeze for me to get accepted to UNLV, instead I was placed on their waitlist and I had an DAT AA of 20 and Gpa of 3.5-3.6.

KrebsPsycho said:
As I remember I was told that the entering class last year has around 40 instates (class size is 75). Any upperclassmen can verify this?

From what I know, they keep those numbers solid. 40 in state and 35 out of state.

NVDental said:
I am an instate NV resident and I thought that it would be a breeze for me to get accepted to UNLV, instead I was placed on their waitlist and I had an DAT AA of 20 and Gpa of 3.5-3.6.

Did you apply really late? I ask because you have great stats.

One the adea guide for 2002 I see 46 in state and 30 out. If they hold those constant wouldn't it mean that you are not really competing against the residents if you are a non-resident. You are merely competing for 30 spots and it would depend how many other out of state applicants there are or am I reading to much into this?

^^^

This is exactly my understanding.

Does anybody know the actual breakdown of applicants? In state vs. out of state

I interviewed there last year and in the interview Dr. Ancajas breaks down all the stats for you, but I've forgotten them and long since tossed anything they gave me.

Sorry. :(

Thats understandable. No use in carrying useless information around in your head. The stats may be in the adea handbook, I will look tomorrow at school.

I just went back to find my UNLV interview package. Here is the 2002 application cycle data:

In-state applicants: 89
Out-of-state applicants: 1205
First Year In-state Enrollees: 44
First Year Out-of-state Enrollees: 34
Average Cumulative GPA (for enrollees): 3.28
DAT AA/PAT = 17.83/18.82
Women: 32%
Men: 68%

So almost 50% of in-state applicants got accepted. However, you may expect the number of applicants to increase this year.

JRogoff said:
Did you apply really late? I ask because you have great stats.

MY application was completed in October and I received an invite for an interview in the mail in DEC, but the earliest interview date they had was the end of February. During my interview in Feb. they had already sent out over 120 acceptances for only 75 spots. So they were a bit overextended. However, fortunately I have been accepted to other schools, and will be attending USC this fall unless something extraordinary happens.