University of Wisconsin Family Medicine Residency

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

botmed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am a MSIV applying to Family Medicine I wanted to know if any one out there had any insight on two particular programs: University of Wisconsin Baraboo rural site and Middlesex family medicine residency program in CT? I have a rotation at both places that overlap on dates so I need to choose one, Just wondering if anyone can give some insight on how good these programs are, how happy residents are and the how the quality of training compares?

Members don't see this ad.

Loved my month at Middlesex. A great group of people, in an unopposed residency. I still think back and wonder if I would have been happier there than my current residency. Was high on my list, but decided with a more Academic program, which I can honestly say if I could go back I would not make the same decision. One thing you should consider though is that Middlesex is one of the few 4 year Fam Med programs with the 4th year dedicated to a "sort of" fellowship. Otherwise its a wonderful program, in a quaint CT town, and a close drive to NYC or Boston.

Thank you for your response. Where are you a resident? I have also heard that going to a more academic center would be allow more opportunity/training. I seem to be in a similar place you where. Having not rotated at either of these places and I will only have the opportunity to rotate at one, I am not sure what to do. Can you tell me how your residency experience has been thus far at you're academic institution?

Don't know about CT but the baraboo program should be easy to get into with a USMLE >210 so no need to audition