University of Waterloo c/o 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Don't worry guys! It takes a while to process and sort out so many emails. Stay positive everyone:)
Did you receive an acceptance as well?
Just want to confirm that early acceptances were actually sent haha

Members don't see this ad.

No I didn't but I assume if some were sent today, all will. Its just a matter of time:)

Members don't see this ad :)
Let's all update each other when we receive emails so we know when to expect one:)

Reactions: 3 users
For some reason though I feel like we may have been trolled haha

Reactions: 1 users
Hmm, the person who reported the acceptance email has never posted anything on this forum before... Suspicious...

Reactions: 2 users
Exactly... and the account that posted that was literally just created today haha.

lol early acceptance my ass

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't received anything either! :) Just letting you guys know.

Members don't see this ad :)
I heard they release acceptances to the CAP students early, maybe that's it?

oh yes maybe..The title of this forum is just university of waterloo c/o 2018.. very confusing whether it's CAP or second entry.

Hey everyone! I just talked to my friend who got in last year and she said she heard around 11am! good luck to everyone, hope we all get in

Best of luck today everyone, stay positive and hopefully everything works out for the best:) I hope to meet you all in January!

So who else is constantly refreshing their email?

Does anyone know if it changes have been made to Quest?
I checked mine and even though I was accepted it still says "application: We have received your application, but no decision has been made yet."

I guess I'll be seeing you guys in jan!!!! :D

Does anyone know if it changes have been made to Quest?
I checked mine and even though I was accepted it still says "application: We have received your application, but no decision has been made yet."

As quoted in the e-mail:
"PLEASE NOTE: IT MAY TAKE UP TO 24 HOURS BEFORE YOUR OFFER APPEARS ON YOUR QUEST ACCOUNT."

Lol. So excited that you didn't read the full e-mail? Congrats!

(Also accepted, btw!)

Did you guys receive an email?? I am not seeing anything! :(

I JUST GOT AN ACCEPTANCE EMAIL. WOOOOO I GOT IN.

As quoted in the e-mail:
"PLEASE NOTE: IT MAY TAKE UP TO 24 HOURS BEFORE YOUR OFFER APPEARS ON YOUR QUEST ACCOUNT."

Lol. So excited that you didn't read the full e-mail? Congrats!

(Also accepted, btw!)
omggggggg yeah basically haha! I'm about to read it all now. :$

see you guys in January! Congrats to those who got accepted:)

I was placed on a waiting list! Congrats to all of you guys who received offers of admission. I'll have to wait 2 more weeks :unsure:

I got in as well. i'll share some of my stats :)

Culmulative Avg: 83.2%
- 2 years retail pharmacist experience
- been part of x club for 6 years helping the disabled community
- various executive positions in high school
- executive + coordinator for a service at my uni

I came out of my interview feeling like i could've done better. I honestly didn't think i would make it in because i did terrible in my reading comprehension and writing section. Seeing the acceptance letter gave me a huge schock! XD I'll see everyone in winter!

Forgot to post my stats!
cGPA: ~75.7% (had some pretty terrible marks within the pre-reqs so I'm really surprised!)
- Volunteered with a retail pharmacist + hospital pharmacy department last summer
- Lots of extracurriculars + volunteering (Co-founder of a new club, lots of choirs, volunteer at hospital, etc)
- Worked for Health Canada last summer

I think my interview went pretty well for the most part. There were some things I wasn't sure if I said the right things (haha) but I guess it was okay!
Feel free to msg me if you have any questions!

Accepted at U of T and Waterloo :) (think I'll most likely choose Loo as the city makes me anxious lol)
Stats:
GPA: 82%
No pharmacy experience other than shadowing
Interview: I thought I did excellent on the presentation part (that must have been important) and the rest of the interview went pretty well, but I still stressed about it!

Also does anyone know if there's a group made for us? I know Upper years for UofT made one and posted it on the forum but I can't seem to find one for Waterloo

I don't think there is one! We should make a Facebook group so we can all chat amongst ourselves:)

Yeah we should!

Also is there anyone else who also got in to UofT but has decided to go to Waterloo? What is everyone's opinion on the two?
I think I'm leaning towards Waterloo but UofT is.. well... UofT haha.

Got in as well at Waterloo! Also got in at UofT. Gonna be a tough decision...

cGPA : 3.6/4.3
PCAT: 97th
Interview went really well, my personal statement showcased my experiences and aptitudes really well.

Its true that U of T is U of T haha. But, Waterloo's co-op is so valuable in this field, especially with the growing number of graduating pharmacists. Experience is key, its all about building relationships and having connections to get yourself started up in the sector you want to pursue. Not only will co-op expose us to different sectors, but it will help us make those super valuable connections. Waterloo is also a highly reputable and prestigious school, and since we're less students as compared to U of T, I think that'll enhance the quality of our learning experience:) I can't wait to start.

Also, I'd make the FB group but I'm horrible with that kind of thing, so if someone could make it and send me a link, that would be wonderful:)

Its true that U of T is U of T haha. But, Waterloo's co-op is so valuable in this field, especially with the growing number of graduating pharmacists. Experience is key, its all about building relationships and having connections to get yourself started up in the sector you want to pursue. Not only will co-op expose us to different sectors, but it will help us make those super valuable connections. Waterloo is also a highly reputable and prestigious school, and since we're less students as compared to U of T, I think that'll enhance the quality of our learning experience:) I can't wait to start.

Hmm yeah that's what I was thinking also. Plus from what I've heard the pharm students at waterloo are much more into social aspects of pharmacy and the career itself.
Ahh I'm likely going to choose Waterloo. Can't wait to meet all of you lovely people!

Just got accepted!!!! Wohoooo :) I think I might choose UofT though, anyone else?!

Yeah we should!

Also is there anyone else who also got in to UofT but has decided to go to Waterloo? What is everyone's opinion on the two?
I think I'm leaning towards Waterloo but UofT is.. well... UofT haha.
Consider U of T I have heard that they have better placements opportunities since it's in Toronto! The good placements with Waterloo are really hard to get is what I keep hearing.

Consider U of T I have heard that they have better placements opportunities since it's in Toronto! The good placements with Waterloo are really hard to get is what I keep hearing.
A current pharm student told me that the connections are basically the same and I feel like whichever school you go to the good placements are always going to be harder to get since you're going against everyone doing pharm haha. It's just with Waterloo at least you'd get paid :3

A current pharm student told me that the connections are basically the same and I feel like whichever school you go to the good placements are always going to be harder to get since you're going against everyone doing pharm haha. It's just with Waterloo at least you'd get paid :3

Thanks Grey,
You have a valid point. But what if you have to commute or move to where your paid placement is and pay rent it might not be worth it. You might end up paying more for rent than what you are earning. I also know few people at Uof T and some are also getting paid. It's a very tough decision lol :)

You won't necessarily be paying rent, if you get a placement in your home-town. Waterloo has placements all across Ontario and you apply to whichever locations you prefer. Plus, I love how Waterloo has regular co-op terms between study terms, it's such a good balance between practicality and academics:)

You won't necessarily be paying rent, if you get a placement in your home-town. Waterloo has placements all across Ontario and you apply to whichever locations you prefer. Plus, I love how Waterloo has regular co-op terms between study terms, it's such a good balance between practicality and academics:)

Exactly! Like you choose where you want to go. And I'm pretty sure of all places, from what I've seen, Toronto is one of the most expensive places for rent. But if I were to receive a co-op placement in Toronto, then I could just commute for the 4 months.

I'm a current pharmacy student; will be graduating soon. Not to burst anyone's bubble, but unless you exclusively self-arrange your co-op placements, it's excruciatingly rare that you would have 3/3 placements in your hometown. Most people I know have spent at least 1 or 2 placements in a new city (I say "city" but it could be a more rural area as well). At the end of the day, co-op is still a competitive interview process, and you're up against everyone else in your class who was interviewed for the position. That's not to say UW isn't a great school, however. :)

Also, also: I think SOPhS will be making an "official" Facebook page so stay tuned. They'll email you when they do.

Last edited:
I'm a current pharmacy student; will be graduating soon. Not to burst anyone's bubble, but unless you exclusively self-arrange your co-op placements, it's excruciatingly rare that you would have 3/3 placements in your hometown. Most people I know have spent at least 1 or 2 placements in a new city" but It would be a more rural area as well). At the end of the day, co-op is still a competitive interview process, and you're up against everyone else in your class who was interviewed for the position. That's not to say UW isn't a great school, however. :)

I understand that. I actually know students that have had most of their placements in their hometown. So, while not likely, it does happen. Regardless, it's a great experience. Even if my placements aren't super close to my hometown, a commute is not an issue. U of T would be a crazy commute for me anyways! Thanks for the input though:) it definitely wouldn't be realistic to expect placements to be right next to home, you're right! How do you like the program so far?

Last edited: