University of Washington DPT 2020 Applicants (Class of 2023)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Are there any current UW or Puget Sound students that wouldn't mind giving insight in specifics positives/negatives on the respective programs? I've been accepted to both and am trying to decide which to commit to. I'm having a hard time because neither school did interviews so I don't have a "vibe" of the programs if that makes sense.

Specifically for any UW students, if you could discuss options for street/pro-bono medicine, clinicals, and if there are options for electives?

Thanks so much.

Members don't see this ad.

One of my favorite parts of this program is that we have a great student to faculty ratio. Our cohort size is 48 and we have a lot of faculty involved in each class. For example, our class will have a lead instructor and in that same class we will have about 3-4 TAs. When we break out in groups, we get a lot of one on one time with professors and it is incredibly helpful. In addition, every professor is willing to meet one on one. If you are struggling in class, they will put in every effort to figure out a way on how to help you succeed.
Our program is also interdisciplinary so we do take some of our core classes with other OT’s and P&Os and it makes it a great learning experience.

Some of the things that our program could improve on is coming up with a better lottery system for clinical placements. Our clinical instructor is continuously working in coming up with better ways on how to organize clinical rotations placements. However, it does seem like other PT schools run into similar challenges with the lottery system as well.
Hiya! I was curious if UW has pass/fail grading? has newer facilities/classrooms? I got accepted in Duke and I was thinking about UW as well!