University of Washingtom

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AGB

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I didn't see a thread for UW yet so I started one. I submited everything before Thanksgiving, waiting to hear back.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Are there more essays after the 1st one that's 5000 characters?

No there is only one required essay. There is an optional essay though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why is no one who is applying to UW posting on this? Is there somewhere else all the UW people are meeting to talk about UW Pharmacy?

I was waiting for a current UW thread to show up. :)

Are you all from WA or elsewhere? I'm from SoCal.

Wow, NY! You're willing to move all the way to the other side??

My parents live in Olympia, so I visit about once a year. They moved there from LA years ago when I started college. Very different from SoCal!

I was wondering if one of these would pop up. I'm finishing up my secondary, just waiting to hear back on a pre-req question. I'm technically a state resident though I don't actually live there. Good luck everybody!

I'm WA resident! Actually finishing up my bachelor's degree @ UW :)
Still working on supplemental .... trying to finish up the essay revision and turn it in before winter break!

Same! Senior year as an undergrad and trying to finish the essay once I'm done with my finals! You guys applying/applied to anywhere else?

I have applied to Midwestern and Pacific, ive got till Monday to finish my supplemental for WSU, and UW. Im kinda torn on where I want to go... What about you? What are your degrees in?

I applied to UH Hilo, Pacific, Roseman, finishing up UW's and Midwestern. I'm majoring in Gen Bio (BS).

Members don't see this ad :)
I have applied to Midwestern and Pacific, ive got till Monday to finish my supplemental for WSU, and UW. Im kinda torn on where I want to go... What about you? What are your degrees in?

I was accepted to Midwestern (AZ), declined my interview at Roseman (NV), and just had an interview at Western (CA) last Saturday. I haven't submitted UW's app yet, and I haven't heard back from USC and Loma Linda. I have a degree in Social Science, so I took my pre-reqs at CCs, except for my biochem courses which I took at San Diego State University.

Why is it so hard to get this essay done??

Wow, NY! You're willing to move all the way to the other side??

My parents live in Olympia, so I visit about once a year. They moved there from LA years ago when I started college. Very different from SoCal!

Absolutely! I'm definitely looking for a change of scenery :D.

Cause we've had to write 6 essays already, and each one we care just a little bit less. with UW we WANT to care, but we just cant get ourselves there.

Anyone who applied heard back about interviews or been accepted?

If UW follows the same system this year, I remember my friend heard back for her interview sometime mid-January. I heard that is how UW typically does it, but can't be 100% sure :\

Hey everyone!

Just so you guys have an idea, UW normally begins their interview process mid-to-late January, so don't worry if you haven't heard anything yet...it's totally normal. :)

I submitted everything a few months ago and still haven't heard anything, and the same applies to other friends of mine who also submitted a while ago. We just have to continue the waiting game... ;)

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the Official Roll Call for Class of 2015/2016. Please post in the sticky thread your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).

Here is the link to the sticky thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

:):thumbup:

Anybody have any experience with pre-reqs that don't exactly match UW's? My school's biology classes didn't exactly match with their requirements and I can't fit an extra class in my schedule. I emailed them but I was just wondering if anybody here had any experience with it. Thanks!

No, sorry. You should call them and find out ASAP. The person who helped me, Cherelyn, was very helpful in figuring out my pre-reqs (I'm OOS).

Has anyone here received an interview invitation yet? I believe they've started inviting people.

Why do you think they have started inviting?

No, sorry. You should call them and find out ASAP. The person who helped me, Cherelyn, was very helpful in figuring out my pre-reqs (I'm OOS).

Has anyone here received an interview invitation yet? I believe they've started inviting people.

I've already contacted them. Trying to work something out. I'm technically a state resident but my undergrad is out of state.They seem very friendly and helpful if anybody is having any issues.

anyone know how long it takes them to give the status email to confirm whether the application is complete? I submitted everything in late december but have only received the one email that says they received the supplemental application.

I submitted mine on the second week of December (hand delivered the form we have to sign + supplemental fee).

I received the confirmation emails for the supplemental application and "application under review" on the same day, which was about 2 days after I hand delivered the form and supplemental fee.

I received an email from UW on Nov. 28th saying my app was under review which was when they received everything from me. On Dec. 29th I got an email saying all prerequisites are complete and my GPA had been calculated.

hmm haven't gotten that mail yet.... thats good to know!

I submitted my PharmCAS in October but didn't get around to my supplemental until Jan. 5th (woops...). I got my "Under Review" email on Jan. 6th. On Jan. 12th I got an email about which pre-reqs I'm missing and am still working with the admissions office to verify all of my pre-reqs. If you applied early you might want to check the "Under Review" email for things like sending in your biochemistry syllabi, etc. I've had to send in about a half dozen syllabi and have the admissions office contact a few professors to verify course content.

I submitted my PharmCAS late october (mailed out on the first week of Nov) and UW supplemental during secod week of December. I have received "applicaition under review" email 2days after I submitted supplemental but no news about prereq or GPA ...
Based on other people's posts it seems like some people heard back about their prereq and prereq GPA only few weeks after the supplemental submission.
Should I be worried since it has been a little over one month for me or am I just freaking out?? :(

I submitted my PharmCAS late october (mailed out on the first week of Nov) and UW supplemental during secod week of December. I have received "applicaition under review" email 2days after I submitted supplemental but no news about prereq or GPA ...
Based on other people's posts it seems like some people heard back about their prereq and prereq GPA only few weeks after the supplemental submission.
Should I be worried since it has been a little over one month for me or am I just freaking out?? :(

Hey don't worry too much about it. I was in your shoes last year and didn't hear back from them until mid->late January about "reviewing my application." I got an interview invite early February.

If you want to get an update on your application, just shoot them an e-mail or call them to ask and make sure that all your pre-reqs are good to go. Try contacting them at [email protected] or 206-543-6100.

Also, for anyone that already completed their interview:

Last year they told us we should get a reply back about our status within the next week or two. If you don't hear back at all, I suggest giving the office a call because my acceptance got "lost" through e-mail and I didn't know about it until I gave them a call. Everyone in the office is really nice, and even it isn't too much of a hassle to check on your application status every once in a while. (Just don't call every day...).

Good luck you guys!! :xf:

Thank you for the advice, definitely will do that!

I took all of my classes at UW so I know all of my prereqs are good to go for sure! Just want to make sure my file is not "lost or missing".. Just got worried a little since I submitted everything about a month before deadline and haven't heard anything when interviews have started ... ;)

But anyways, thank you so much for the advice. I will email them just in case!

Woohoo! I was offered an interview today! Now I just have to find a way to make it the 2,500 miles there for next Thursday. Talk about short notice.

Woohoo! I was offered an interview today! Now I just have to find a way to make it the 2,500 miles there for next Thursday. Talk about short notice.

Wow congrats! and yes that IS such a short notice but hey short notice is better than no news :D

just curious,
how long did they take to calculate your Pre-req GPA after verifying all your prerequisites?
I received an "evaluating application" email today that says all of my prerequisites are complete. Crossing my fingers and toes for good news! :xf::xf:

Wow congrats! and yes that IS such a short notice but hey short notice is better than no news :D

just curious,
how long did they take to calculate your Pre-req GPA after verifying all your prerequisites?
I received an "evaluating application" email today that says all of my prerequisites are complete. Crossing my fingers and toes for good news! :xf::xf:

Well I got the "these are your missing pre-reqs" email on Jan. 12th. Since then I have been emailing back and forth trying to sort out what counts since my school doesn't have the same format for every class. The last time we emailed was Jan. 20th which seemed to clear everything up. I never received an email about my GPA being calculated. I got an interview invite just before 7 central time today. I'm a state resident so I think that might have something to do with why they gave me such short notice but I live half a country away while going to school! Hope you get some good news soon! Good luck! :)

I got my interview invite today. I also got application under review today, and gpa is calculated and these are your missing prereqs today. looks like we may meet on next Thursday, lp12. are you looking at am or pm? short notice is right, but I only have 120 miles to get there, and family in Seattle area to crash with =) good luck with your interview!

My invite only listed Thursday AM so that's where I'll be (hopefully... It asked for top three but I said I could only make that one). Good luck to you too!

Good luck pharm friends! I also got an interview at UW for the 31st of January. I am thinking about asking to have them move it since it will be my first interview and I will surely mess up!

I'm just curious about something I'm not so sure about. Does UW accept soon after the interview or do they wait until all interviews are made and then decide?

For those who received interview invites, when did you get the email stating that your application was complete and was under review?

Also, congrats!

I sent my supplemental application in on the last day (Jan 5th). I sent my pharmcas about a month before that. I recieved a confirmation Jan 22nd that my application was in review and I received an invite for interview on the 26th.

hope that helps

I received the under review email 2 days ago and just got my invite request interview today. Yay! Hope to see some of the people there!

Congratulations to those of you who got an interview. Just wondering, has PharmCAS finished recalculating your GPAs from your academic update?

Pharmcas finished mine last Thurs. but hasn't mailed them to UW yet

I sent my supplemental application in on the last day (Jan 5th). I sent my pharmcas about a month before that. I recieved a confirmation Jan 22nd that my application was in review and I received an invite for interview on the 26th.

hope that helps

I submitted my supplemental app on Jan 4th and received a confirmation on Jan 12th. I haven't received an interview invitation yet, is this a bad sign?

I submitted my supplemental app on Jan 4th and received a confirmation on Jan 12th. I haven't received an interview invitation yet, is this a bad sign?

I'm sure you are fine. An attachment they sent about interviewing said they may interview until April and the latest date offered to me was Feb. 2nd. Hope you hear soon!

Hey everyone! I just had my interview last week and I found out that I have been accepted! I have some words of wisdom for you.. If you have offers from other schools for admission just let them know by email, over the phone, or in person and they will try to inform you of their decision asap. They know putting down deposits for multiple schools is expensive so they are willing to help us out with that by letting us know sooner.

As for the interview, I'm not comfortable giving too much detail but just be yourself and show them that you are outgoing and enthusiastic about your future. There are no right or wrong answers to their questions so just state your answer and be confident about it.

Good luck!!!

Hey everyone! I just had my interview last week and I found out that I have been accepted! I have some words of wisdom for you.. If you have offers from other schools for admission just let them know by email, over the phone, or in person and they will try to inform you of their decision asap. They know putting down deposits for multiple schools is expensive so they are willing to help us out with that by letting us know sooner.

As for the interview, I'm not comfortable giving too much detail but just be yourself and show them that you are outgoing and enthusiastic about your future. There are no right or wrong answers to their questions so just state your answer and be confident about it.

Good luck!!!

Which day was your interview? Did you call/email them to ask or they actually sent you admissions offer? Thanks

My invite only listed Thursday AM so that's where I'll be (hopefully... It asked for top three but I said I could only make that one). Good luck to you too!

I'll see you Thursday. I am coming into town Wednesday (hope the pass isn't bad) and i'll be showing up for the morning coffee at 8:15. Good luck, and I am sure you will do splendidly.