University of Vermont Interviews...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jlee9531

J,A,S
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone going to be out there interviewing in the cold on the 20th of November?

I met some cool sdn people on my interview at MSU a week ago and it would be nice to see if anyone on here is going to be there.

:D

Members don't see this ad.

JLee,
Congrats on your interview. I still haven't heard anything from them. I call M, W, F from 10-1 just like they say to do but no one is ever there and they haven't called me back.

Did you get something in the mail saying your file was complete or just an interview invite? Real mail or email?

Sorry to bother you---just would like to hear from them!! How are your stats?

Thanks
greenie

hey greenie....

i got a somewhat big envelope from them.......snail mail........

thats how i got the invite.

yeah i tried calling before to see if my file was complete but noone ever got back to me either....

but now that i got this at least i know now that my file is complete ;)

my stats are approx........

from UC Berkeley.......3.4 cumul. 3.2 science 31 MCAT with double digits across.

Members don't see this ad :)
How come a flight to Burlington is so damn expensive.........

Lax to Burlington is around the 400 dollar range.

You guys think it might be cheaper to try and find flights to major cities and jig saw puzzle it my way to vermont?

or will it come out the same price?

hey guys anyone gonna be in vermont this tuesday?? how come everyone keeps telling me to bring maple syrup?

DCgirl,
Do you mean bring it with you to VT or bring some back to where you live?

The maple syrup made in Vermont is soooooo yummy. There are different grades of syrup, so try around and see what you like (yes it's kind of like beer in that there are different types, etc...). If you are any where near Waterbury definitely hit up the Cold Hollow Cider Mill. This is by far the best maple syrup, candies, and maple butter that I've ever had. And they have a really cool, old fashioned cider press.

Hope you enjoy VT--when did you find out about your interview? I haven't heard from them yet.

greenie

hey greenie, my friends are making me bring back maple stuff from vermont, we arent known for our maple syrup in dc, hehe. ummm vermont sent me a letter with the invite, it came about a month ago, and my application was mailed end of august. goood luck!!

my friend think vermont is a foriegn country haha.

but now that this maple syrup talk is going on.......i want some too!

hey dcgirl.........are you going to stay with a host? and if you are how many days? im trying to see how many days isnt too long. since vermont seems so damn beautiful i wanted to check it out.

Good luck with your upcoming UVM interviews....I love it here!

hey jlee,

ill be joining ya in the ranks at uvm on the 20th and man are you right about the plane tix -- cost me 375 from sfo!

i hear its suppose to be in the 20s-low 30s on wednesday, coming from sunny CA that is sure going to hurt! ;)

fiatlux

Originally posted by fiatlux
hey jlee,

ill be joining ya in the ranks at uvm on the 20th and man are you right about the plane tix -- cost me 375 from sfo!

i hear its suppose to be in the 20s-low 30s on wednesday, coming from sunny CA that is sure going to hurt! ;)

fiatlux

hey fiatlux...ill be looking out for you.

its awesome. every interview ive been to, ive met someone from sdn.

keep the streak alive.

When I went for my interview I flew jetblue from San Diego to JFK and then JFK to Burlington. I found that direct flights are too expensive to Burlington. Hope this helps.

I'm an undergrad at UVM. Find the cheapest flight you can get into NYC then fly JetBlue to Burlington. If you guys have any questions about the area let me know.

hey guys-
i'm a first year med at uvm- i'll probably be in the cafeteria for lunch... maybe i'll even get to hang out with some of you all. i'm from so-cal... so, there are people here from the WC. i think we actually outnumber vermonters this year. anyway, good luck tomorrow.

peter

Originally posted by poloace
hey guys-
i'm a first year med at uvm- i'll probably be in the cafeteria for lunch... maybe i'll even get to hang out with some of you all. i'm from so-cal... so, there are people here from the WC. i think we actually outnumber vermonters this year. anyway, good luck tomorrow.

peter

hey peter ive been here at the UVM library since 8am.
haha yes i know. this is all i have been doing waiting for the interview to begin.