University of Utah c/o 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone?? Any news??? I am hopping I get something in the mail today:scared:

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone?? Any news??? I am hopping I get something in the mail today:scared:

I'm pretty sure you can call admissions to ask about your status if your mail hasn't come yet.

When I called last Friday they said all the mail were sent out last Thursday, so it should all be in your mailboxes sometime today to Wednesday.
I just received my acceptance today via mail, if thats any indication.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I called last Friday they said all the mail were sent out last Thursday, so it should all be in your mailboxes sometime today to Wednesday.
I just received my acceptance today via mail, if thats any indication.

Congrats - r u from Utah???

Nope, from Cali, the state of the governator.

Come to think, how many people does Utah usually accept from out of state?

Congrat, good for you, I think they accept close to 20 students out of Utah! Which part of Cali r u from?
I am from California too but I didn't get any thing today I hope I get it tomorrow!!!
I called the admisiom today but the lady said we dont have the updates yet,
Did you get a big envlope or a small one???

Congrat, good for you, I think they accept close to 20 students out of Utah! Which part of Cali r u from?
I am from California too but I didn't get any thing today I hope I get it tomorrow!!!
I called the admisiom today but the lady said we dont have the updates yet,
Did you get a big envlope or a small one???

She didn't tell you whether or not you got in? because she told me when I called....weird...

She didn't tell you whether or not you got in? because she told me when I called....weird...

Humm, who did u call? Sarah??? Or someone else??
I called the admition office, she said we havent got anythung yet and when i log to check my status it says send to admision officr on 01/26/2011 it doesnt even show my interview:(((((
Could u let me know who did u call?? Did u get in??

Humm, who did u call? Sarah??? Or someone else??
I called the admition office, she said we havent got anythung yet and when i log to check my status it says send to admision officr on 01/26/2011 it doesnt even show my interview:(((((
Could u let me know who did u call?? Did u get in??

I definitely called admissions...Sarah answered. If you haven't gotten a letter yet, you should probably get it tomorrow, I know most of the people in Utah got theirs so maybe it takes longer if you live elsewhere? not sure... And yes, I did get it! :) I hope you hear good news soon too!!

I definitely called admissions...Sarah answered. If you haven't gotten a letter yet, you should probably get it tomorrow, I know most of the people in Utah got theirs so maybe it takes longer if you live elsewhere? not sure... And yes, I did get it! :) I hope you hear good news soon too!!

Thank you, I am from Ca, I didnt call Sarah, I should have called her, I will call her tomorrow!

I got my acceptance letter yesterday. I just have to pass physics II. Bleh. The letter is on one page so very thin envelope. I'm from Utah btw.

I just got my letter today:( I get in the wait list:( I am very disappointed:((
I thought I did pretty good on my interview:-s
Congrants to all u get in:)

Members don't see this ad :)
i got my acceptance letter today and debating b/w UofU and USN?? for those who are going to UofU, would you mind to share your opinion?why whould u chose Uof U out of the other?
oh, one more question, I had an interview on phone with Uof U, so I hv no idea how the campus looks like?how is it? is it nice? cuz I dont like USN campus at all..its so small..and there is no gym..:(

i got my acceptance letter today and debating b/w UofU and USN?? for those who are going to UofU, would you mind to share your opinion?why whould u chose Uof U out of the other?
oh, one more question, I had an interview on phone with Uof U, so I hv no idea how the campus looks like?how is it? is it nice? cuz I dont like USN campus at all..its so small..and there is no gym..:(
How did you do an interview on the phone? I didn't know they do phone interviews??
well I explored the town and the campus. it's very big campus. it's huge I should say. the pharmacy building is pretty new. if you like RESEARCH go for U of U, they are really into the research and they are building a new research building for their pharmacy college. there is no fun in the town though except if you like ski or outdooring stuff. USN is much more fun and it's close to Tahoe and California 2 hours to Sacramneto and 4 hours to San Francisco, I would go for USN if I had the chance.:)

Were you accepted at the South Jordan Campus or the Nevada campus? My preference may be biased because I only applied to U of U. Here are my reasons for not applying to USN.

U of U is a LOT cheaper, even with 4 years, you'd save about 40K going to the U rather than USN (~40K/yr). This might me different if you are from out of state though.

It's true that the U of U has a lot of research (if you care about rank, they're currently ranked 16th in the nation for the pharmacy program) but it doesn't mean that they don't teach well...I know plenty of people who are currently in the program or have graduated from it and say they learned a lot.

Utah also is very well established while USN is still relatively new (at least the one in south jordan is).

If you attend the one in south jordan, there really isn't that much to do...at least in Salt lake city, there's more of a nightlife downtown and you're literally minutes away from great outdoorsy stuff.

Very large class size at USN-SJ while very small class size at Utah (60)...It could be a good or bad thing, depending on how you learn or what your preference is.

Thats all I can think of in a short amount of time. I hope that helps! Where are you from? and how did you get a phone interview? I didn't know they did that...

Got my acceptance letter in the mail today :):)...I am from Southern California..anybody from California planning to attend Uof U??? Is the tuition for OOS students around $40,000 first year and ~$20,000 for last three years as I will be considered a state resident after 12 mths...Could someone please confirm this?

Bdw, what was in that white goodie bag? I forgot to pick one up before leaving...Did I miss anything?? LOL :D

Thank you :)

Got my acceptance letter in the mail today :):)...I am from Southern California..anybody from California planning to attend Uof U??? Is the tuition for OOS students around $40,000 first year and ~$20,000 for last three years as I will be considered a state resident after 12 mths...Could someone please confirm this?

Bdw, what was in that white goodie bag? I forgot to pick one up before leaving...Did I miss anything?? LOL :D

Thank you :)

I think so, at least, that's what one of the students on the panel told me.

Whether or not its actually that easy to get in state residency, OTOH, remains to be seen. Anyone from out of Utah currently attending this school?

I think so, at least, that's what one of the students on the panel told me.

Whether or not its actually that easy to get in state residency, OTOH, remains to be seen. Anyone from out of Utah currently attending this school?

He said tuition is $10,000 a year for residents and double for non-residents.

:love::love: and YES I am moving to Utah!

Last edited:
He said tuition is $10,000 a year for residents and double for non-residents.

I am from Oakland! and I am in too!!!

:love::love: and YES I am moving to Utah!

Hi soyicecream...Congrats on your acceptance :)...I was looking through the U of U website and the tuition is ~ $10,000 per semester (18 units) for residents and ~ $20,000 per semester for non-residents and I believe OOS students can establish state residency after 1 year...still cheaper than California schools :)

How did you do an interview on the phone? I didn't know they do phone interviews??
well I explored the town and the campus. it's very big campus. it's huge I should say. the pharmacy building is pretty new. if you like RESEARCH go for U of U, they are really into the research and they are building a new research building for their pharmacy college. there is no fun in the town though except if you like ski or outdooring stuff. USN is much more fun and it's close to Tahoe and California 2 hours to Sacramneto and 4 hours to San Francisco, I would go for USN if I had the chance.:)
haha..yeah.I didnt know that they would let me interview on phone. I just declined the interview invitation because of conflict schedule and they offered me an on phone interview. Anyways, thanks for your sharing..

Were you accepted at the South Jordan Campus or the Nevada campus? My preference may be biased because I only applied to U of U. Here are my reasons for not applying to USN.

U of U is a LOT cheaper, even with 4 years, you'd save about 40K going to the U rather than USN (~40K/yr). This might me different if you are from out of state though.

It's true that the U of U has a lot of research (if you care about rank, they're currently ranked 16th in the nation for the pharmacy program) but it doesn't mean that they don't teach well...I know plenty of people who are currently in the program or have graduated from it and say they learned a lot.

Utah also is very well established while USN is still relatively new (at least the one in south jordan is).

If you attend the one in south jordan, there really isn't that much to do...at least in Salt lake city, there's more of a nightlife downtown and you're literally minutes away from great outdoorsy stuff.

Very large class size at USN-SJ while very small class size at Utah (60)...It could be a good or bad thing, depending on how you learn or what your preference is.

Thats all I can think of in a short amount of time. I hope that helps! Where are you from? and how did you get a phone interview? I didn't know they did that...
I'm from Southern California and thats why USN is more favorable for me cuz its closer to my hometown..but its a new school and doesnt have much reputation comparing with U of Utah...
anyways, thanks for your sharing..I'll take it into consideration..:)

I got into the alternate list. This school has become my first choice and I was really going to attend. doest anyone know what my chances are being in the alternate list. do they automatically put the remaining 30 students on the alternate list? any ideas? I really want to attend here, it is my first choice?

I am so worried

I got into the alternate list. This school has become my first choice and I was really going to attend. doest anyone know what my chances are being in the alternate list. do they automatically put the remaining 30 students on the alternate list? any ideas? I really want to attend here, it is my first choice?

I am so worried

It probably doesn't work that way because there could be more or less than 30 people on the wait list. I think there were 115-125 people interviewed this year, so more than the traditional 90 interviewees. It all depends on your ranking after interviews. I'm assuming they take the top 60 people, then as people drop, they call #61, #62...and so on. You should call admissions and ask what number you are on the wait list...they should tell you, or at least tell you if you have a good chance or not. You should also ask what it was that pulled your score down...if you are getting your bachelor's degree at the end of this semester, that could make a difference because I've heard stuff about them looking at either gpa or pcat...but I'm not sure. If I were you, I'd definitely call admissions though...probably Sarah would know.

Hello Class of 2015

Last edited:
Anyone accepted not attending, pls reply if u can.

They never told me...... Are you on the waiting list too? I was only told I have a chance from previous years trend.

No, I was accepted. I have friends who were on the waitlist and are now in. Don't lose hope! Did you apply anywhere else? And you can ask what number you are on the waitlist...I think they do tell you.

No, I was accepted. I have friends who were on the waitlist and are now in. Don't lose hope! Did you apply anywhere else? And you can ask what number you are on the waitlist...I think they do tell you.

I will be calling soon. Your friends that got in..... Do you know what their number is on the waiting list? Congrats to you for your acceptance.

I'm out-of-state student and looking for a safe place to live. Anyone know good apartments which not too far from the school?

I've lived at Quail Run Apartments for the last year and I've liked it so far (I would recommend a top floor apartment). It's close enough you can walk to lower campus and catch one of the campus shuttles up to the school of pharmacy if you want to. There are one and two bedroom apartments there. There are a lot of apartments in the area though.

I definately will check out the Quail Run Apartment. Thanks bioenGirl !

I definately will check out the Quail Run Apartment. Thanks bioenGirl !

No problem! If you have any other questions about places around or whatever feel free to ask. I have lived in Salt Lake for the past five years so I might be able to help.

No problem! If you have any other questions about places around or whatever feel free to ask. I have lived in Salt Lake for the past five years so I might be able to help.

Hi everyone!

Anyone already accepted that might not attend?

I am current #7 on the alternate list.

I am so worried & sleepless nights.

Pls reply. Thanks for all your time

Hi everyone!

Anyone already accepted that might not attend?

I am current #7 on the alternate list.

I am so worried & sleepless nights.

Pls reply. Thanks for all your time

I think they are pretty much done filling the seats. Have you called Sarah recently to ask about it?

I think they are pretty much done filling the seats. Have you called Sarah recently to ask about it?

Just curious, where were you on the waitlist? I know some people that were pulled from the list too and others who are still waiting...they didn't think they were that far down the list...

Just curious, where were you on the waitlist? I know some people that were pulled from the list too and others who are still waiting...they didn't think they were that far down the list...

I'm not sure how far down on the waitlist I was. Sarah called me March 23rd or 24th to offer me a spot but I don't know when they first started calling people on the waitlist (to at least get an estimate of where I was)... Sorry I can't be more helpful!

Last edited:
Well completed grades are coming out for spring semester so if any one didn't pass a class they may be forced to decline acceptance or go to another school. I kept my seat at U of OK and just barely declined it because I wasn't sure if I was going to pass physics II or not. So here is some hope to the waitlisters.

Well completed grades are coming out for spring semester so if any one didn't pass a class they may be forced to decline acceptance or go to another school. I kept my seat at U of OK and just barely declined it because I wasn't sure if I was going to pass physics II or not. So here is some hope to the waitlisters.

When did you decline? I just wanna know how I'm moving on the Waitlist, sorry to hear u drop a class. At least you have another option. Goodluck to you wherever u decide to go.

When did you decline? I just wanna know how I'm moving on the Waitlist, sorry to hear u drop a class. At least you have another option. Goodluck to you wherever u decide to go.

Goodluck to you at u o Utah. Maybe I may see u there!! If people keep declining. Lol

Hey for those of you that have been accepted, I made a facebook page. Just search University of Utah College of Pharmacy: Class of 2015 or friend me on facebook (Hilary Garland) and I'll add you in the group.

Hey for those of you that have been accepted, I made a facebook page. Just search University of Utah College of Pharmacy: Class of 2015 or friend me on facebook (Hilary Garland) and I'll add you in the group.

Awesome! Thanks Hilary :)

Hi Everyone,

Is there anyone who gave a deposit that may no be attending Uni. of Utah?

Thanks Guys.

What r the interviews questions like at Utah sckool of pharmacy???