University of Toledo

Hello,
Don't live in Cincinnati, come to the suburbs (where I am;))

TA

Members don't see this ad.

-I don't actually HATE my state, I just hate my school and I really do not like any of the schools (public K-12, and except for Rutgers, Princeton, and TCNJ, I really hate all the other uni's) here in NJ. That and it is waaaay to expensive to live here. I don't know, I just want to go OOS to the south/mid west and study out there, in a warmer area that is not polluted, overcrowded, and filled with people who drive 100 MPH.

-Oh, and some of the schools here in NJ would add up to be about the same as a OOS state uni like UK or UofL, that is including tuition, OOS charge, room and board.

is going into a school in nj really more expensive than going out of state? (i highly doubt that)

I never said that.

unless i am dyslexic; you pretty much contradicted yourself.

Here are the yearly tuitions for the schools in question:

Rutgers (all campuses) for NJ residents: ~$9200
UK: $15000
Louisville: $18400

I suppose I buy that the cost of living in New Jersey could be 6 grand more than it would be in Lexington, but I don't know anything about the property values around the Rutgers campuses. That probably would be irrelevant if you lived on-campus, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Here are the yearly tuitions for the schools in question:

Rutgers (all campuses) for NJ residents: ~$9200
UK: $15000
Louisville: $18400

I suppose I buy that the cost of living in New Jersey could be 6 grand more than it would be in Lexington, but I don't know anything about the property values around the Rutgers campuses. That probably would be irrelevant if you lived on-campus, though.

A condo would cost over 1k a month to rent (don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about on this because my parents own a condo that they rent out, and this is in south jersey where it is "cheaper"), so it would add up. Not as much as UK or Louisville but in the ballpark.

unless i am dyslexic; you pretty much contradicted yourself.

Yes, actually. However, since the cost would add up to be about the same, I would rather go OOS.

For example, Rutgers. I think it adds up to be around 22k or something (Idk for sure) if you live on campus, add the cost of books and that is 23k. Tuition and OFF campus house would end up being a bit more.

If I go to a school like UK and stay ON CAMPUS, it would add up to be about the same as Rutgers if I were to live off campus.

I contradicted myself because I have not looked up these figures. Clearly UK is more expensive but I need a place to live so if you add up the Rutgers cost, it is low 20's. If you add up UK's cost, it is a BIT more expensive. So yeah, it isn't cheap apparently but it is definitely in the ballpark. That is only really a few thousand dollars difference, why not go OOS?

That is the point I am trying to make.

However, I'd say most public NJ schools would be cheaper than many OOS schools, but, these schools aren't what you would call "Good" schools.

Rutgers, TCNJ, Princeton, etc. are all going to cost at least in the ballpark of 20 grand.

A condo would cost over 1k a month to rent (don't tell me I don't know what I'm talking about on this because my parents own a condo that they rent out, and this is in south jersey where it is "cheaper"), so it would add up. Not as much as UK or Louisville but in the ballpark.

Just so you know, when most people go to college, they try to find the cheapest place which is usually not the nicest by far. Getting a roommate also cuts down on the cost. You can't expect to go through college living in a nice condo by yourself. You have to make some sacrifices.