University of the Incarnate Word (UIW) San Antonio - School-Specific Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dai

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
FOR ANYONE WHO HAS APPLIED OR ARE PLANNING TO APPLY FOR SAN ANTONIO'S UIW DPT PROGRAM:

I was wondering -- given the PTCAS questions given, are each of these a separate one or two page essay, or are the admissions representatives only looking for a short-answer paragraph? I would really like to know -- thank you!

University of the Incarnate Word

• How did you hear about the University of the Incarnate Word (UIW) Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Program?

• What actions have you taken or experiences have you had that demonstrate your interest in physical therapy?

• What is your personal understanding of a Problem-Based Learning curriculum and how it differs from what you may have experienced thus far in your academic life?

• What areas of personal growth would you like to develop as you pursue your professional doctorate?

• What will make you a successful candidate for this program?

• How do you plan to finance your education?

Members don't see this ad.

FOR ANYONE WHO HAS APPLIED OR ARE PLANNING TO APPLY FOR SAN ANTONIO'S UIW DPT PROGRAM:

I was wondering -- given the PTCAS questions given, are each of these a separate one or two page essay, or are the admissions representatives only looking for a short-answer paragraph? I would really like to know -- thank you!

University of the Incarnate Word

• How did you hear about the University of the Incarnate Word (UIW) Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) Program?

• What actions have you taken or experiences have you had that demonstrate your interest in physical therapy?

• What is your personal understanding of a Problem-Based Learning curriculum and how it differs from what you may have experienced thus far in your academic life?

• What areas of personal growth would you like to develop as you pursue your professional doctorate?

• What will make you a successful candidate for this program?

• How do you plan to finance your education?

Hi there!

I applied to UIW this past cycle and am excited to be a part of the UIW SoPT Class of 2019. Regarding the essay length, don't really worry about it. When you start your applications, you're going to be more concerned with how many characters/paragraphs you'll have rather than its length. The length of my essays for each of these questions was contingent on what message I wanted to convey. It usually ranged from one paragraph to four paragraphs.

1) For this question, I just answered "CAPTE"
2) When I initially wrote my answer for this question, I made it too long and had to shorten it due to character limit. The answer for this is usually about a lengthy paragraph long (1/3 of a page)
3) I actually wrote 2 paragraphs (half a page) for this even though I was allotted an entire page's worth of characters
4) I wrote 4 paragraphs which equated to a little over half a page
5) I think this question is used as the final attempt to really sell yourself to the admission's committee. So I wrote about 4 long paragraphs (2/3 of a page)
6) I wrote 4 sentences because I wasn't really sure how to answer it

I worked on my essays for UIW last because I was working on other supplemental essays for other programs. But because other programs asked similar questions, I already had an idea of what I was going write for the UIW essays.

Good Luck and I hope this helps! If you need anything, let me know!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi there!

I applied to UIW this past cycle and am excited to be a part of the UIW SoPT Class of 2019. Regarding the essay length, don't really worry about it. When you start your applications, you're going to be more concerned with how many characters/paragraphs you'll have rather than its length. The length of my essays for each of these questions was contingent on what message I wanted to convey. It usually ranged from one paragraph to four paragraphs.

2) When I initially wrote my answer for this question, I made it too long and had to shorten it due to character limit. The answer for this is usually about a lengthy paragraph long (1/3 of a page)
3) I actually wrote 2 paragraphs (half a page) for this even though I was allotted an entire page's worth of characters
5) I think this question is used as the final attempt to really sell yourself to the admission's committee. So I wrote about 4 long paragraphs (2/3 of a page)

I worked on my essays for UIW last because I was working on other supplemental essays for other programs. But because other programs asked similar questions, I already had an idea of what I was going write for the UIW essays.

Wow, this was EXTREMELY helpful. Thank you so much for your input and good luck to you!

Members don't see this ad :)
The first two questions and the last question allotted less than approx. 500 characters (a paragraph or less). The middle three were about 3500 characters so aim for about 1 1/4 page for those, or shoot for a page to play it safe. Write succinctly on these topics, like Turlot said, you're going to be pressed for characters and condensing as much as possible during the final editing process. Good luck!

The first two questions and the last question allotted less than approx. 500 characters (a paragraph or less). The middle three were about 3500 characters so aim for about 1 1/4 page for those, or shoot for a page to play it safe. Write succinctly on these topics, like Turlot said, you're going to be pressed for characters and condensing as much as possible during the final editing process. Good luck!

I was wondering -- are these characters WITH or WITHOUT spaces?

Hi there!

Hello!

I will be attending an interview at Incarnate Word this fall. I was wondering if there are any tips or advice for this? Thanks!

Hello!

I will be attending an interview at Incarnate Word this fall. I was wondering if there are any tips or advice for this? Thanks!
How did your interview go? Did you get in??