University of St Augustine wait-list question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MMM1830

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had my interview at the University of St Augustine. I was talking to a few other applicants and one told me that if an applicant is placed on the wait-list but don't get into the term they applied for, they will get a seat in the next cycle. Is that true? Thank you for the help and input!

Members don't see this ad.

yes, this is true. I was wait-listed and told I will have an interview at the end of July/early August.

i just had my interview at St. Augustine also.

yes, it's true, if you're wait-listed or on the alternate list and don't get moved up into a spot for the term you applied for, you're guaranteed admission for the following term. no applying and no interviewing again. if you get rejected completely, then you must apply and interview again.

so it's still a good thing to get on the waiting/alternate list!

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email from USA a few weeks ago saying that I was put on a wait list to be interviewed. I turned in my app a little late, and they had too many interviews already, so they said that I may still get an interview for the Sept class, and will have an interview in the first round for the Jan class. Seemed weird to me, but I guess it's pretty common? Either way, I just found out I got accepted to U of Miami, which starts in May, so I'm definitely going there.

Yes, they are rolling over for spring 2011 if you don't get into fall. I got an interview last week and I'm a bit nervous to hear from them because of the large number of applicants they interviewed. Patiently waiting!! Good luck to you all :)

To those of you that applied to the fall 2010 semester at U.S.A. San Diego campus....have you received a call yet? I am waiting...patiently!

Last edited:
I haven't receoved a call LDPT. They said we could get calls within 2 weeks, and that will be this Saturday!

yeah, I'm waiting too. Good luck to all!!

I received my phone call today...I got in!

Congratulations to those of you that got calls today! Woohoo for you! I am hoping that they will be making phone call tomorrow too!!??

Congrats all! I didn't receive a call today... between the OT and PT programs they have to call about 75 people, so hopefully the calls will continue tomorrow. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
OMG, I hope they'll call tomorrow. Congrats to those who got in! Would you mind telling me your status: GPA, prereq, GRE score. Thanks!!

I actually got into the Dual program. I'm a returning student, used to be a teacher. My undergrad GPA was 2.82, GRE v570, q460, writing 4.5. Prereq GPA 3.2. So my scores aren't very high, but I had a disastrous semester my first back into college and really emphasized how I pulled myself back up to a respectable standing.

Best of luck to all of you! Hope to see you in the fall!

Thanks so much DocBalleria! I hope to see you in the fall if I receive a call tomorrow.

I applied to the st augustine campus. I had a 3.3 gpa and a 3.5 pre req my gre was a 980 I really had to emphasize that the gre score was not a representation of my success in the program.

I am so nervous!!! I'm still waiting for the call. For those who got in, around what time did they call you?

I got into the St. Augustine campus. They called me about 2:45p my time, which would be an hour later in Florida.

Thanks Arnie! Your status was similar to mine. So, those who got into applied to St Augustine campus. I'm waiting for a call from SD. Nerve-racking wait!!

Hang in there, DPTSam...I am in the same boat...just trying to keep busy today as I am finding it hard to think of anything else! :)

Does Dian from Florida make all of the calls? Or will the administrators in San Diego actually be making the calls to those of us that applied to the SD campus?? Just wondering what time zone I am working with:)

Good luck to all who are waiting! Hopefully we will get calls soon:)

I got an email :/ I am #7 on the waitlist. Does anyone know approximately how many people on the waitlist actually get in?

i got in to the St. Augustine, FL program! received a phone call while snowboarding in Snowshoe, WV!

stats:
overall GPA - 2.84
upper div GPA - 3.4
GRE - 400v 710q 4.5aw

I got a call yesterday at about 12:30pm PST. I got in!!!!!! YES! :soexcited:

Undergrad GPA = 2.7
Graduate GPA = 3.4
Prereq GPA = 3.4
GRE = v570 q450 w4.5

My undergrad marks weren't high, but I think the completion of my Master's helped.

Good luck to everyone!! :highfive:

I got an email :/ I am #7 on the waitlist. Does anyone know approximately how many people on the waitlist actually get in?

I also got an email. Anyone know the answer to this question? It said historically people on the waitlist do get in for the semester they applied for.

If you don't mind me asking, what # are you on the waitlist? I want to get an idea I'd how many people actually get waitlisted.

I confirmed the policy with Laina Derringer while I was there for the interview.

She told me it's a really good thing to be put on the waitlist cause you're in but just might be couple months later. As opposed to other schools if you're on the waitlist, you might not get in and have to apply again. She informed me you won't have to apply again or interview again, you would just have to wait couple months for the next term/semester.

Hope this helps.

Hanbong!thank uuuu, u made my day. This is awesome newssss

If you don't mind me asking, what # are you on the waitlist? I want to get an idea I'd how many people actually get waitlisted.

I'm a little above you on the list. Don't think that helps but there you go.

I'm an applicant for the Fall 2010 entering class and I haven't heard anything or been able to get any sort of updates whenever I call...

Anyone else applying for the fall hear anything? :confused:

I received a call around the same time LDPT did.They should have either called or e-mailed you by now. I would e-mail Dian Hartly; she seems to be on top of things.

FYI
I just heard from one of the USA professors that they had about 900 applicants for the Fall/2010 and only accepted about 50-60 + the waitlist. That's like 6% acceptance. It is truly getting harder to get in PT school. Congrats to everyone that got accepted.

I'm not even being interviewed for the fall 2010 class...they pushed my application into the Spring applicant pool and now I won't interview until the middle of summer.

Of course I didn't find this out until I called every day for nearly two weeks. :mad:

Hey guys,
Congratulations to everyone that got in. If anyone is thinking about buying a condo to live in while in school, let me know. We purchased a condo at Villa San Marco while my wife was in school there but are now back living in Mississippi. We wanted to keep it because we love St. Augustine but we never have the time to go anymore. Great place, close to school.

bklg37,
Were you thinking of renting it out then? I would be interested depending upon price and if you would be okay with my one little dog... :)

Nevermind! I misread your post.

Last edited:
that's my issue too. i want to find an affordable place that allows dogs. i have a 2-year old american bulldog. not sure how many places will allow dogs that are around 80 lbs...

Hello Everyone!

I will be attending the San Marcos campus in the Fall. I noticed that there were some of my potential fellow classmates on this website so I thought I would join as well!

First, congratulations to everyone who got accepted! For those who didn't or are on the wait list hang in there!!!

Who else is attending in San Marcos?

hello everyone,
Just wanted to see if anyone knows how long the alternate list is for september 2009 DPT class for st. augustine, fl?

Yea sorry 2010. University of St. Augustine for Health Science in FL.

I have gained admission for sept 2010 in san diego and I am looking for a place to live as well.
Im willing to go half on a place!

Last edited:
Hello Everyone!

I will be attending the San Marcos campus in the Fall. I noticed that there were some of my potential fellow classmates on this website so I thought I would join as well!

First, congratulations to everyone who got accepted! For those who didn't or are on the wait list hang in there!!!

Who else is attending in San Marcos?
hello ADLDPT,
I also gained admission!! so excited! Now I'm looking for a place to live.

I actually got into the Dual program. I'm a returning student, used to be a teacher. My undergrad GPA was 2.82, GRE v570, q460, writing 4.5. Prereq GPA 3.2. So my scores aren't very high, but I had a disastrous semester my first back into college and really emphasized how I pulled myself back up to a respectable standing.

Best of luck to all of you! Hope to see you in the fall!

Hi DOcBallerina,
Congrats:)What was your major in Undergrad and which College you have graduated and when? Im in a same situation my undergrad GPA not as great2.75 and I'm about taking the GRE hopefully I'll do great on it(gotta score high since my GPA isn't that high)my pre-reqs are also 3.2
Im just trying to see if I should go for a Masters degree before I apply or just give it a chance and see. My undergraduate major is Biomedical Science B.S (USF)this Fall I'll be graduating and I was gonna try the next round (May)... Any suggestion..? Thanx..

Hi DOcBallerina,
Congrats:)What was your major in Undergrad and which College you have graduated and when? Im in a same situation my undergrad GPA not as great2.75 and I'm about taking the GRE hopefully I'll do great on it(gotta score high since my GPA isn't that high)my pre-reqs are also 3.2
Im just trying to see if I should go for a Masters degree before I apply or just give it a chance and see. My undergraduate major is Biomedical Science B.S (USF)this Fall I'll be graduating and I was gonna try the next round (May)... Any suggestion..? Thanx..

Thanks! I actually graduated with a BA in French from UW-Madison. I think what the admissions committee liked about me was that I spent 4 years as a public school teacher and I coached dance for 10 years. I really emphasized my work with people of diverse backgrounds and the fact that every day was a new day to use problem solving skills and think on my feet. I actually ended up taking a few prerequisites over to get better grades and I think that worked to my advantage as well. Not only did I get better grades, it showed that I really wanted this and was willing to put in the effort. Best of luck to you! I say give it a shot, and if you don't get in (many people don't their first time around) you can always try again. :luck: No point in giving up if this is what you really want!

Hello and Congrats to all of you who got accepted. I just wanted to let anyone who is interested know that my wife will graduate with her DPT August 13th and our condo will be available for rent August 15th.

It's a 2 bedroom/2 bath 5 miles south of USA on US1. The condo was built in 2007 and located in a gated community. Granite countertops, hardwood and tile floors. Please email me if you are interested.

Thanks,

Stan
[email protected]