University of St.Augustine 2012 DPT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fadel

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone. I applied to the University of St. Augustine for the DPT program 2012. I just was notified that I am on the waitlist. Does anyone know if I have a chance of getting in? They said if I don't get in, they will automatically reapply me for next semester. I am so frustrated because I thought I had a great application with an Athletic Training background and over 800 hours of patient-to-patient care during my program. Has anyone been in this position?.

Members don't see this ad.

What a bummer. I'm still waiting for my email and hoping I get in. Did they give you a position on the waiting list and what campus did you apply to?

Hey. Yea, I am really upset and don't know why I didn't get an interview. They did not give me a number. I was put on a waitlist for a potential interview and they said they don't give numbers and that I have to wait. I applied to the St Augustine, Florida campus.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey everyone. I applied to the University of St. Augustine for the DPT program 2012. I just was notified that I am on the waitlist. Does anyone know if I have a chance of getting in? They said if I don't get in, they will automatically reapply me for next semester. I am so frustrated because I thought I had a great application with an Athletic Training background and over 800 hours of patient-to-patient care during my program. Has anyone been in this position?.

If you don't mind me asking, what are your GPA and GRE stats?

Did you apply for Fall 2012 start?

Well, I had a 3.43 undergrad GPA and a 3.47 prereq GPA. I scored just over a 1000 on the GRE. And yes, I applied for the fall 2012. So I am wondering what specific thing they did not like about my application.

I'm still waiting too. Today I called and the Admission Team. The person I talked to said that they will email me soon by next week...Is that mean that I'll get an interview..? or they send rejections by email too. ANYONE KNOWS?????

I have a friend who got rejected on her first application, she said that letter comes by snail mail but waitlist and all others come by email.

I've been put on the waitlist too!! I applied for May 2012 but didn't get in so they reapplied me for fall 2012. I was hoping they would at least give me an interview this time but they didn't. I'm so worried that i wont get in.

When I called about "wait list" situations, they said it was a good sign. They will give you a chance at an interview eventually if you are wait listed for interview and still interested. No rejection letter, is NOT a rejection. I hope that this help give you some hope. Once you have the interview and you get a wait list, it is even better, you will get admitted to a later class if a spot doesn't come up for the term you applied for.

Think of it as extra time to save money. I am in the process of figuring out how to move to San Marcos and stressing the money, it is EXPENSIVE! I wish I was more prepared financially! Figure $500 deposit, $500 health insurance, $1500+ moving cost, $housing deposit and rent, $living expense before school starts. AND financial aid checks don't get cut until AFTER you start class... So have a $chunk$ in your pocket before even starting class to fulfill the above req's.

Another heads up. 99% of graduate loans (beyond federal aid) will need a co-signer. My folks are already helping my little brother so I am stuck looking for friend or relative that is willing to bog down credit until 12 months post-graduation for me.

I too applied for admission into the Summer DPT program in San Marcos this year and was waitlisted for an interview. I called today and now I'm being considered for a potential late interview for May matriculation AND waitlisted for an interview for Fall matriculation. I wonder if they'll forward my application to the next cycle if I don't get off the waitlist for the Fall haha. That'd be really nice. I'm just crossing my fingers I get my shot at interviewing. :xf:

Hello my fellow waitlisted friends!! I am also in the same boat for the san marcos dpt program. I applied for the may 2012 term but was waitlisted and didnt get an interview ,therefore they have placed me on a waitlist for sept now .i am confused with the situation and dont know if I should be hopeful because sept. Is the more competitive pool and also emails were already sent out last week for the feb.24 interview for the san marcos campus.does this mean that if there is another interview date we may get interviews or do wr have chance at being invited for this upcoming round on feb.24?

When I called about "wait list" situations, they said it was a good sign. They will give you a chance at an interview eventually if you are wait listed for interview and still interested. No rejection letter, is NOT a rejection. I hope that this help give you some hope. Once you have the interview and you get a wait list, it is even better, you will get admitted to a later class if a spot doesn't come up for the term you applied for.

Think of it as extra time to save money. I am in the process of figuring out how to move to San Marcos and stressing the money, it is EXPENSIVE! I wish I was more prepared financially! Figure $500 deposit, $500 health insurance, $1500+ moving cost, $housing deposit and rent, $living expense before school starts. AND financial aid checks don't get cut until AFTER you start class... So have a $chunk$ in your pocket before even starting class to fulfill the above req's.

Another heads up. 99% of graduate loans (beyond federal aid) will need a co-signer. My folks are already helping my little brother so I am stuck looking for friend or relative that is willing to bog down credit until 12 months post-graduation for me.

Seems as though with the trimester system they really pump people through the program. I like the fact that the program is so short! 2.3 years is awesome. Plus, it'd be nice to have connections with USA if wanting to go back for ortho. residency. I would think Fall to have the greatest amount of applicants. Nice that they just forward your app. to the next tri. I am applying for Austin Fall 2013.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yay Austin! Has anyone else thought about switching to the Austin campus?

Seems as though with the trimester system they really pump people through the program. I like the fact that the program is so short! 2.3 years is awesome. Plus, it'd be nice to have connections with USA if wanting to go back for ortho. residency. I would think Fall to have the greatest amount of applicants. Nice that they just forward your app. to the next tri. I am applying for Austin Fall 2013.

Thanks for clearing that up LocoMotive...I received an email last week basically saying that my application was strong but not strong enough to compete with fall applicants. I will be be reconsidered for Spring 2013 so I get to continue the waiting game until summer!

Hey guys. I actually got an interview next week. Any helpful tips about questions or what not? And I really hope everyone gets an interview because I know how you feel. But it may come. I was waitlisted and just got an interview. Good luck and any helpful tips for interview would be great.

Hey guys. I actually got an interview next week. Any helpful tips about questions or what not? And I really hope everyone gets an interview because I know how you feel. But it may come. I was waitlisted and just got an interview. Good luck and any helpful tips for interview would be great.

Were you waitlisted for May 2012 and didnt get an interview then? or were you on another waitlist? and is this for san marcos?

Hi all!

Does anyone have an interview at St. Augustine Campus feb 17th?

I have posted a lengthy description of the interview I had under another St. Augustine post. You can read it there. Hope it helps. Good Luck!

Hey. I was waitlisted and then got an interview for fall term. I have a interview actually on feb. 17 also. See you there I guess. lol

Hey. I did not find the post about the interview. Can you send me the link or maybe tell me some questions that you wouldn't think they would ask and about the essay question? Thanks

I still haven't heard back from them yet. Getting a little anxious now, i hope i get an interview!

I'm going to be starting the DPT program in May. Here's my advice:

1) Dress Professionally
2) BE CONFIDENT
3) Relax, as your interview will go as follows...

a) large conference room with speakers/students b) essay(NOT bad. brush up on your essay writing skills and the state of healthcare) c) tour d) interview

4) Ah..D, the actual interview. I was most worried about this, but it is extremely laid back depending on which faculty member you get. There will be another person with you and usually a current St. Aug student. Be yourself, and review common interview questions(It appeared they randomly selected questions from a three page list). They only asked me three. You will take turns answering questions and make sure to go first on some of the questions so you don't look too passive. The interview is very conversational and I'm sure you'll do fine.

These are just my opinions, but it's not really that bad. Good luck and hope to see you In Fall. :laugh:

also, be prepared to sell your kidneys as the cost of attendance is insane :)

How was your interview on the 17th. I am still waiting to find out if I am going to get an interview for the 24th. I haven't gotten a rejection letter in the smail and nothing telling me through as of yet that I am on a waitlist. Today is a holiday so I won't here anything today. I only live an hour from San Marcos so I can easily get to the interview. I did apply for the Flex DPT so maybe they do their interviews after the fulltime DPT. Hope you get in. Let us know if you do, actually when you do.

I applied for the Fall 2012 Flex DPT Program and I received an email today for an interview on March 9th! Has anyone else heard back?

I was also waitlisted for the St. Augustine campus! I hope we both hear something soon!

Interviewed on 2/17 at St Augustine Campus and was accepted on Friday!! Anyone else hear back?

Does anyone know where the Austin gross anatomy lab will be? Just curious. I'll be going to MGH, and even they don't have one - I'll be going to Harvard for the lab. Does UT have a cadaver lab?

I want to apply for spring 2013 and apps are due in June, I was just wondering how far in advance you guys applied

I want to apply for spring 2013 and apps are due in June, I was just wondering how far in advance you guys applied

I applied for the fall 2012 class and applications were due 12/15. I mailed my application, and my references mailed out the letter of recs by 12/1. I wouldn't cut it as close as I did, but I was applying to a number of different schools for fall admission which had earlier due dates than St. Augustine so I had to get those apps out first. USA is really good about keeping you up to date w/ the status of your app. I just interviewed w/ them @ the SD campus and now waiting to hear back...crossing my fingers!

I applied to the Austin Campus for Fall 2012. I received an email this afternoon for an invitation to interview on March 23rd at 11am. So excited! It does state that the interviews will consist of 2-3 applicants and a panel of faculty/alumni/current students. Any advice for this type of interview would be appreciated. Goodluck to everyone interviewing that day!

Rallen,

I recieved my email invitation for the March 23rd interview today too! I am so excited!!!

Do you live in Austin? I'd love to meet up and practice some interview questions or meet up for dinner the night before. Just send me a pm if you're interested.

Maya2015

I applied to the Austin Campus for Fall 2012. I received an email this afternoon for an invitation to interview on March 23rd at 11am. So excited! It does state that the interviews will consist of 2-3 applicants and a panel of faculty/alumni/current students. Any advice for this type of interview would be appreciated. Goodluck to everyone interviewing that day!

Rallen,

I recieved my email invitation for the March 23rd interview today too! I am so excited!!!

Do you live in Austin? I'd love to meet up and practice some interview questions or meet up for dinner the night before. Just send me a pm if you're interested.

Maya2015

I'm visiting family in Austin next week. Let me know if you want to meet. I'm going to visit the new campus, although I plan to attend the Florida campus in August if I'm accepted.

Kevin

Rallen,

Maya2015

I am actually from Oklahoma City, but will be relocating to the area if I get in. I am staying at the hotel they offered the group rate for, the Omni the 22 & 23. Maybe we can meet up when I get in or at least at orientation. Goodluck with your interview.

And by get in I meant get into Austin the night before the interview. :) Just keep me posted.

Just got the call today...I'm in for Fall 2012 DPT @ St. Augustine in San Marcos! :) After all the emails saying I'm waitlisted for the other schools, this is such great news. I interviewed on 2/24 and they called me in much less than 2 weeks. Good luck to everyone else who has interviews coming up!

So the Austin campus has already done a round of interviews prior to the March 23 interviews?

How does everyone plan to cover the costs for tuition and living expenses. I know USA doesn't offer the grad plus loan. Can anyone speak to paying off this amount of debt after graduation?

Great question Mackaroo! This is obviously the big issue of going to St Agustine, but they certainly do not have a lack of interested applicants.

I'm pretty sure the March 23rd interviews are the first round. I heard from another applicant that the March 23rd interviews are for applicants with 3 or fewer prerequisites left. For example, I am taking Physiology and Biology II right now so that means I have 2 left.

So the Austin campus has already done a round of interviews prior to the March 23 interviews?

How does everyone plan to cover the costs for tuition and living expenses. I know USA doesn't offer the grad plus loan. Can anyone speak to paying off this amount of debt after graduation?

I was actually suppose to attend the DPT program in May. However, St. Augustine's program requires you to have a co-signer for your private loans. Which is about 75,000 after your federal loan max of 40,000.

I could not find a co-signer and was forced to drop. I deferred admissions to Fall, but I have decided the debt is too much.

I will be applying to Physician Assistant programs.

I was actually suppose to attend the DPT program in May. However, St. Augustine's program requires you to have a co-signer for your private loans. Which is about 75,000 after your federal loan max of 40,000.

I could not find a co-signer and was forced to drop. I deferred admissions to Fall, but I have decided the debt is too much.

I will be applying to Physician Assistant programs.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out. PA is a great route tho! Can I ask what private loan they suggested/you were looking at? I'm nervous to take out a private loan for so much with the risks as far as interest rates and no loan forgiveness.

Just got my USA San Marcos campus waitlist email after my February 24th interview.

Can anyone share an experience where they were invited to join the program after being waitlisted? Timeline, how long before program starts, etc...

Sorry to hear it didn't work out. PA is a great route tho! Can I ask what private loan they suggested/you were looking at? I'm nervous to take out a private loan for so much with the risks as far as interest rates and no loan forgiveness.

The only private loan you can acquire, with a co-signer, is the Sallie Mae smart option. St. Augustine's pamphlet advertises three banks, but this is deceptive. By law, they are required to offer three options. However, you get the same rates from each bank because they all pull their information from Sallie Mae's credit report on you.

This is what St. Augustine recommends( you could spend less or more depending on how you budget ):

20,500 per year for federal loans
37,500 per year for private, or so shall we say, Sallie Mae

It's scary when you realize that almost 2/3's of your 100k + loan aren't covered under loan forgiveness.

It's pretty sad that pursuing an education in order to help others will put you in such a deep hole for the rest of your life.

Good post, this does it for me. No way can I sleep at night...

Just got the call today...I'm in for Fall 2012 DPT @ St. Augustine in San Marcos! :) After all the emails saying I'm waitlisted for the other schools, this is such great news. I interviewed on 2/24 and they called me in much less than 2 weeks. Good luck to everyone else who has interviews coming up!

Hey! I also will be attending for DPT in San Marcos! I've been searching forums to find other students attending... I'm anxious to meet a few people in the program :) I've never used this website before. Is there another way we can get in touch?

What was the interest rate on the Sallie Mae loan? Is it set or is it dependent on your credit?

Also, what is everyone doing for housing for SD campus?

Has anyone attending USA San Marcos in fall 2012 receive info on the online anatomy course they offer before classes begin? I've been reading on this forum that USA offers a refresher course to prep for the 1st year anatomy course. Just wondering if/when that info will be sent to us....