University of Puget Sound c/o 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

addic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone starting the DPT program at Univ of Puget Sound fall 2011?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently debating between Puget Sound and Eastern

What are your thoughts about puget sound??

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, I know they are building new facilities for our class entering this fall which is exciting and from the looks of the building when I visited the campus the program will be much better housed than previously. The campus in general is gorgeous and in a good location in Tacoma, considering not all of Tacoma is so nice.

The program itself is one of a kind in the state of Washington due to the participation in the onsite clinic for second and third year students, which is a major draw to the program for myself. They seem to have good integration of coursework, weaving themes throughout the year instead of focusing on them quarter by quarter.

The biggest setback for me is the high cost of the program,which is why I am still considering Eastern.

Where else were you accepted/have you officially chosen UPS?

I agree with the new facility and the onsite clinic is a huge draw for myself. I really like that the 2nd year students get to work with 3rd year students and patients at their clinic, and then take on more responsibility in their 2nd semester of the 2nd year. How they ease students in and give them a lot of hands on experience prior to graduation is a huge plus for me.

Personally, the location isn't ideal for me. I've heard a huge complaint for students in general is the little variation in food available. I guess a plus for the location is that it is remote so students can concentrate more on school.

The tuition is high - since it's a private school - but personally I do not feel that it is ridiculous. I only say this because I was accepted at USC, and their tuition is almost 2 times as expensive.

With everything that I've learned about UPS and my choices, I'm pretty certain I will go there.