University of Pittsburgh Class of 2025 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Why does pitt keep sending me " why I chose pitt" emails? They never gave me an interview. What's the point to convince me to choose their school but they don't want me.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 14 users
Why does pitt keep sending me " why I chose pitt" emails? They never gave me an interview. What's the point to convince me to choose their school but they don't want me.
exactly! i get so nervous every time I get an email from them. Once this cycle is over, I will give them the feedback to pls stop sending out those emails

Reactions: 1 users
For people who have interviewed, are you guys planning to attend the Zoom meeting this Wednesday? If so, what are you planning to wear?

Members don't see this ad :)
For people who have interviewed, are you guys planning to attend the Zoom meeting this Wednesday? If so, what are you planning to wear?
Already interviewed and attended the info session a while back, but if I'm not mistaken its mandatory. I and a majority of others dressed in regular interview attire, many of us the same exact thing as the actual interview day. I think you'd probably stick out if you didn't

since Dec 15th is the day acceptance letters come out, Does Pitt usually call or email for acceptance?

since Dec 15th is the day acceptance letters come out, Does Pitt usually call or email for acceptance?
From looking at previous years’ threads, it looks like they call, but I’m sure they’ll also email in case they can’t reach you on the phone.

Reactions: 1 user
If you guys get an acceptance and I don’t, I challenge you to Rock Paper Scissors for the spot.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
Were we supposed to fill out an essay to be considered for the scholarships? I keep seeing something about scholarship essays in the previous threads. I hope I didn't forget to do something

Were we supposed to fill out an essay to be considered for the scholarships? I keep seeing something about scholarship essays in the previous threads. I hope I didn't forget to do something

I don't recall hearing/seeing anything about a scholarship essay this year.

Accepted!!! through phone call few minutes ago. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if there's a facebook page? Browsing through last year's thread it seems like they had one that was more active than SDN.

• Hmm
I haven't heard anything :( I wish they just sent out emails at midnight!

Does anyone know if they are going in alphabetical order?
Yep. Dr. Wankiiri-Hale is apparently the one calling. For reference a woman with last name starting with W last year got called at 7:30 pm.

• Wow
Reactions: 6 users
Yep. Dr. Wankiiri-Hale is apparently the one calling. For reference a woman with last name starting with W last year got called at 7:30 pm.
MY LAST NAME STARTS WITH Y I AM GONNA DIE WAITING

• Haha
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
Maybe she's going alphabetical and the other caller started at the bottom and is working up? lol

Just got the call from the director of admissions (Jerry McCombs). Last name starts with G. Congratz to everyone accepted and good luck to everyone waiting!

Reactions: 2 users
Just got a call from Jerry too and last name starts with G as well

Anybody with the last name starting with D?? I'm sweating bullets over here :(

• Care
for those accepted, what is your current aadsas status? congrats to you guys!!!! you earned this.

No someone on the FB group just got a call a few minutes ago, they probably just took a lunch break

• Love
Pessimistic at heart and already broke out the Haagen das hahaha

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Just got a call from Jerry at 2:42 EST! So excited!!!

Last edited:
Just got an acceptance via email! I have still not received a call.

I really hope not, but I am having a bad feeling.
Me too, but they've been taking long breaks all day. Someone did say earlier that a call was made at 7 pm last year