University of Ottawa GPA Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stookie

Slick Nasty
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard that the GPA cutoff for this school is around 3.86. Is it true? Also I was wondering, If I did post bacc classes to raise my GPA, how would this GPA factor into my undergrad GPA when I apply to this school??

Members don't see this ad.

stookie said:
I've heard that the GPA cutoff for this school is around 3.86. Is it true? Also I was wondering, If I did post bacc classes to raise my GPA, how would this GPA factor into my undergrad GPA when I apply to this school??

The GPA varies...the year I applied it was 3.82. However, they give priority to certain types of applicants. I know Aboriginals and Francophones are given top priority, rural applicants get a high priority too (but who knows how they define rural) and I think that people who live in Ottawa get extra consideration as well.

Hi stookie, I don't know if you're a Canadian citizen or not... because U of O doesn't accept international students unless one of their parents graduated from the Faculty of Medicine.

The GPA requirement is different for every category of applicants (see list below). For example someone in the first category (CNFS applicants) might only need a 3.4, but someone applying under the last category (out-of-province) might need at 3.8+. Also, if you are able to speak french, you will be ranked higher than someone who does not (this is tested at the interview).

The following list of categories is found on their webiste, www.medicine.uottawa.ca:

- Applicants who apply to the Consortium National de formation en santé (CNFS): residents from outside the provinces of Ontario and Québec applying to the French program
- Applicants who are sponsored by the Canadian Forces (CF)
- Aboriginals
- Residents from Ontario and the Outaouais region applying to the French program
- Residents from under-serviced areas (as determined by the Faculty)
- Residents from the region (Ottawa-Outaouais)
- Residents from the province of Ontario
- Residents from other provinces