University of Oklahoma c/o 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm in! Got an email from Jennifer just now!

for those of you who got their acceptances already, congratulations! if you didn't, don't worry some of my classmates did not find out until months later so keep working hard.

Members don't see this ad.

I got acceptance email today!!! PHEWWWWW

I just received an acceptance email as well. Congrats to all others who have been accepted and good luck to those still waiting!

Members don't see this ad :)
Ahhhhhh all the people that have gotten acceptance emails already..did you guys interview on the 28th or the 7th?! I JUST interviewed on the 7th..ya'll are making me nervous! Lol, but congrats to everyone, how exciting!

I think I interview on Feb 28th. Im going to the Tulsa campus. Im so psyched!!!! First acceptance. Congrats to everyone else!

okc campus here. Won't be accepting though so I wish whoever takes my seat the best.

Any one have experience regarding Tulsa? I have no ideas about the city/living etc.

Got my acceptance today as well!!!!!!!!!! I interviewed the 28th and will be attending the OKC campus. Does anyone know how much the deposit is and when it's due? I assume it'll be in the letter we receive, but it'd be nice to know how much I need to set aside. Thanks.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *does happy dance as my wife and pets stare at me with bizarre looks on their faces :p*

I'm from Tulsa if you have any questions...

For some reason I'm thinking the deposit is $500...not sure though.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am in! i am so glad the wait is finally over! those were the longest 11 days of my life! I can't wait to meet everyone! Congrats!:D

i interviewed 2/28. I am at the OKC campus.

Do they send out acceptances all at once? I emailed Jennifer to ask her that, but she's out of the office until tomorrow. The anticipation is killing me..I JUST interviewed on the 7th! :scared:

I am in! i am so glad the wait is finally over! those were the longest 11 days of my life! I can't wait to meet everyone! Congrats!:D

Just think how bad it would've been if we had to wait until mid April like the website says! I'm shocked we found out so fast!

Just think how bad it would've been if we had to wait until mid April like the website says! I'm shocked we found out so fast!

I know! I am glad that I found out earlier, but it is hard to stay focused to finish the rest of my semester. are you going to move downtown?

If there is any out of state pharmacy students already enrolled at OU, do they offer the option of getting in state tuitioon after the first year or so this would really cut the tuition in half if you could get in state tuition. Has any student done any research on this that is already attending. Thanks for the help.

I'm going to Tulsa and I already live nearby so I don't have to move.

Also, they told us over and over when we went to interview that it was nearly impossible to get in state tuition if you're from out of state. I heard that P4 students couldn't get it. They said it might be possible if you marry someone from OK but it's not guaranteed.

If there is any out of state pharmacy students already enrolled at OU, do they offer the option of getting in state tuitioon after the first year or so this would really cut the tuition in half if you could get in state tuition. Has any student done any research on this that is already attending. Thanks for the help.

It's really hard to get instate tuition. You have to make a case for yourself after living in OK continuously for 1 year. Lots of little things help, but in the end, it's a judgement call. I'll be arguing that I moved my entire family out to OK with me, I have family living in OK already, and that I will be buying a home. Also, since my wife will automatically qualify for in state residency after 1 year, it'll help my case a little (since she'll be working full time). Basically, do everything you can to show you want to be an OK resident.

I interview on 03/07 and got my letter from Ms Richardson last night... I'm suprised I heard back so fast!

Also, I remember hearing the same thing about out-of-state tuition.. Thankfully, its only about $2000 more than regular in-state... I guess it would be helpful to ask people that are already in the program.

I interview on 03/07 and got my letter from Ms Richardson last night... I'm suprised I heard back so fast!

Also, I remember hearing the same thing about out-of-state tuition.. Thankfully, its only about $2000 more than regular in-state... I guess it would be helpful to ask people that are already in the program.

I think that out of state tuition ends up being about double in state once the fees are added in. One of my friends, a P2 from Kansas, is paying around 16,000 a semester. I would consult financial aid though, for sure. Also, I think that it is reaaalllllyyyyyyy hard to get in state rates. Just a few things to think about.

I interviewed on the 7th in the morning and I received the acceptance on Tuesday as well! Im very happy they let us know so soon now I can relax. I was the one from Detroit if anyone remembers. Cant wait to meet everyone.

Does any one know if they mailed out all the admissions yet?

Wooo hoo! I got my acceptance email this afternoon! So excited..OU was my number one choice and the only school I applied to! :D

Wooo hoo! I got my acceptance email this afternoon! So excited..OU was my number one choice and the only school I applied to! :D

Congrats!

By the way if anyone is wondering the official paper work will be mailed out in a couple weeks and you will have to put down a $500 deposit in another 2 weeks time. That is according to Jennifer. That I think is extremely reasonable.

Im still waiting to hear from my hometown school (interviewed early feb) but as of now Im 85% sure I will be attending OU.

I got a letter in the mail yesterday, fully expecting it to be the "official paperwork" with deposit information, etc. Instead, it was just the e-mail that was originally sent out put on official letterhead. :rolleyes:

Does anyone know if it is too late to get an interview? I live in Dallas, Texas and haven't heard anything from the school. It's making me nervous!

Hey Klaochh, I'm sorry man but as far as I know there were only two interview dates. Feb 28th and March 7th. Now, I could be wrong... but I don't think I am. To be sure, give those guys a call and see what they have to say.

i intervewed on the 28th also..
and i am really scared because i still havent heard back..
i found out reading the forums that ppl have already been accepted buti m really scared because on fri Jennifer emailed me saying to just wait patiently as they are still deciding who to accept and spring break is coming up and that they just need time..
i first thought it was sent out to everyone..but now i am guessing it was jsut me..

Am i waitlisted? did anyone get this email on friday 3/20?

I am getting really scared since OU is my first choice school
:xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf::xf:

I am not sure if they have accepted everyone. But I do know that if you are waitlisted the list is pretty small since they do not interview many people. I think less than 160. And since there is about a 130 seats between the 2 campuses you have a very good chance of getting in (not everyone will accept the offer. I am still waiting on my home school to decide if I will attend OU or not).

Either way good luck to you. And hopefully you will hear from them soon.

I declined my spot so at least one waitlist spot is up. Good luck!

ahhh...thanks guys..

this is the only school i want to go to..

Mr.Desai, if you get into your hometown school, i think you should go there.. :) because people like myself have no other options.. you doo...take advantage of it..hehe

i am getting soo scared and nervous that i am alwasy lost in my thoughts..can;t even get myself to smile..

I have no back ups..getting married in july and feel liek cancelling or postponing it if i don't get in...it sucks!

so, as I was in my nutrition class today, I received an email from Ms. Richardson telling me that they want to interview me!!!!!!

So to whoever still wants an interview from OUHSC COP, don't get your hopes up!! I did before today, and I am VERY grateful for it. :)

so, as I was in my nutrition class today, I received an email from Ms. Richardson telling me that they want to interview me!!!!!!

So to whoever still wants an interview from OUHSC COP, don't get your hopes up!! I did before today, and I am VERY grateful for it. :)

That means they didn't fill their class. This is probably due to bringing in many out-of staters to interview who are or will be choosing other schools. It looks good for you! For those on the wait list don't give up. They usually don't or can't get anything done until July.

ok now im gettign really scared because if they are interviewing more people then i dont understand why i am not getting accepted since i have already been interviewed....

AHHHHHHH
what is happening...
its driving me crazy

Jennifer Richardson emailed me back and Im officially off the acceptance list. So some lucky waitlister is going to get an email soon. Good luck!

so, quick question... any advice before my interview? I'm really REALLY nervous about it.

Just relax and be yourself. It's really not as bad as you think. I know it is hard to imagine that now...but once you're done you'll realize it wasn't that bad. As far as preparing goes, just look at the basic interview type questions (why pharmacy, why oklahoma (not just that you live here), strengths & weaknesses, etc.) and make sure you can answer those. When do you have your interview?

I would suggest to read your application over. My interviewers seemed very prepared. They asked my why I chose perseverance as one of my strengths (this was on my personal statement). They also asked me about the clinic I had volunteered at in India. Everything else seemed conversational type questions. When I was talking about my masters program they asked me what my thesis was on. So like the previous poster said, it is a very laid back interview. Do not stress out as all of the people I came into contact with were very nice and genuinely interested in me as an applicant. Good luck!

my interview's on Monday april 13. it's a good thing because I only have one class that day.
what about the essay question? I just now found out about it by reading the pharmacy website.

Hi! I worked with a P1 from OU this past month and her story was similar to yours. There was a mix up with her PCAT scores and transcripts, so they never got to the school. So, in May she called up OU and they told her that they had her file, but thought she was still trying to send in the missing paperwork and found out about the mishap with her scores. Well anyway she got her scores in and they offered her an interview in JUNE. She said that for her interview, it was just the interview. No tour, no essay :eek:, no lab coat try on.

Maybe yours will be the same?

The interview and essay were easy. The way I see it is being nervous can only hurt you, so lighten up and be yourself. My interview was very laid back and the essay question was simple. Just take it easy and be natural.

for those already accepted into OU, have you guys received any official paperwork from Ms. Richardson?

I just received a letter in the mail today for instructions on the $500 deposit. Due 2 weeks from the date of the letter!

Last edited:
I just received a letter in the mail today for instructions on the $500 deposit. Due 2 weeks from the date of the letter!

that's awesome~~I'm still waiting for mine to come hopefully it'll be in the mail sometimes this week~~if you don't mind me asking where do you live?