University of North Carolina Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Seriously have been on the verge of tears since your post, but that does make me feel better (and that nrsair didn't either... no offense!!! Hope you understand, no news is good news :) ). Still waiting for responses from our group!!

Ha, none taken. I know a few people in our group... I don't think they've heard anything either. Waiting's no fun.

Members don't see this ad.

Ha, none taken. I know a few people in our group... I don't think they've heard anything either. Waiting's no fun.

Okay you must let me know as soon as you get word lol. I wonder why their group knew first... we picked the times so it's not like they put us into 2 groups.

ACCEPTED! :) I interviewed January 7, and I was in the 2-5 group. I received my email earlier this evening.

Good luck to those who are still waiting!

Members don't see this ad :)
don't worry guys.. it took my friend almost a month to get her result

Has anyone who has sent in the deposit gotten any kind of official acknowledgement that it has been received? I sent mine a couple of weeks ago but I haven't heard anything back about it.

I sent my check several weeks ago too and it has not been cashed yet if that answers your question.

I sent my check several weeks ago too and it has not been cashed yet if that answers your question.

Yes, thank you!! I was starting to worry because I sent it certified mail and the signature card never came back to me. Guess UNC is just slow. Really slow.

anyone received their official admission letter yet??

They said that the letter will be in within 10 days and I have not received official letter yet.

UNC will tell either way if you're accepted, waitlisted, or rejected right? Like you don't just get notice if you're accepted?

Yes, thank you!! I was starting to worry because I sent it certified mail and the signature card never came back to me. Guess UNC is just slow. Really slow.

No problem! If you have any other questions let me know!

Received my interview invite this past Saturday! I'll be interviewing Thursday at 2. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
how come i still haven't receive my official admission letter yet...

Please let me know if you receive official admission letter. I am planning to contact UNC on Monday. I am just worried about it because I am sure there is deadline by which you have to send them the deposit check.

Please let me know if you receive official admission letter. I am planning to contact UNC on Monday. I am just worried about it because I am sure there is deadline by which you have to send them the deposit check.
I haven't gotten my packet either. Let us know what UNC says on Monday. They said 10 business days, but I've heard others say it takes much longer than that. I don't want to miss the deposit deadline either!

Anyone interviewed on Jan 7th?
I just realized that it has been exactly 3 weeks now....

Okay you must let me know as soon as you get word lol. I wonder why their group knew first... we picked the times so it's not like they put us into 2 groups.

Hey =)
You interviewed from 12-3pm on Jan 7th? Wonder why we still haven't heard back from them...

don't worry guys.. it took my friend almost a month to get her result

Hi

When was your friend's interview and did she or he interviewed at UNC as well? I am just wondering if they are sending out the acceptance e-mails for Jan7 interviews. It's been 3 weeks now and I don't know if they are still sending out acceptance emails....

Thanks.

I got my acceptance email today too!! I am out of state :D

So it took most of you almost 30 days to receive the acceptance email??
My interview was on Jan 7th. From reading the threads, there is one person from the same day who's already accepted within a week. The waiting game is still going...

To provide some sort of a timeline, I received my acceptance email on December 15th and the deposit was due January 7th. I don't remember exactly when I received the acceptance packet in the mail, but it was at least a week or two later.

Hi

When was your friend's interview and did she or he interviewed at UNC as well? I am just wondering if they are sending out the acceptance e-mails for Jan7 interviews. It's been 3 weeks now and I don't know if they are still sending out acceptance emails....

Thanks.

She interviewed with UNC on Nov.

My interview was on Jan 7 from 12-3. May I ask you a question? Are you that Chinese girl wear glasses?

I received my official packet yesterday in the mail. It has a due date of 7th Feb, 2011 (By which you have to return the paperwork and deposit to the school.)

She interviewed with UNC on Nov.

My interview was on Jan 7 from 12-3. May I ask you a question? Are you that Chinese girl wear glasses?

Haha we were in the same interview group. To my knowledge, there were more than 5 asian students in our 12-3 group. But yes, I was wearing glasses.

I received my official packet yesterday in the mail. It has a due date of 7th Feb, 2011 (By which you have to return the paperwork and deposit to the school.)
May I ask where do you live???

Haha we were in the same interview group. To my knowledge, there were more than 5 asian students in our 12-3 group. But yes, I was wearing glasses.
I am a very good guesser ... is UNC ur first choice?

I got my packet in the mail today too and I'm living in TX right now. Due date is Feb. 7th

hmm How come I haven't receive mine yet.. is it because of the snow storm???

hmm How come I haven't receive mine yet.. is it because of the snow storm??? I live in NYC

Did you all get the acceptance emails prior to receiving the package??

Did you all get the acceptance emails prior to receiving the package??

Yep, I think you do get an email beforehand, though I am not 100% sure.

I am in NYC and still have not received my official acceptance package as well. I didn't see any mailman walking around either...

I am in NYC and still have not received my official acceptance package as well. I didn't see any mailman walking around either...

I believe it's snow storm...we will get it tomorrow.. but i am leaving out the town..i guess i will see it this weekend haha :)

I am pretty worried now...I'd thought they would send out all the emails in a batch for people interviewed on the same day...
According to the time frame they told us, I still have one more week to look up to.

I am pretty worried now...I'd thought they would send out all the emails in a batch for people interviewed on the same day...
According to the time frame they told us, I still have one more week to look up to.
U shouldn't worry...since u already got into two great schools...

Heyyyy can i ask ..are you that Asian lady that is from NYC???

Heyyyy can i ask ..are you that Asian lady that is from NYC???

Haha I'd really like to say.."You must be watching everyone (or specificially asian students) on that interview day"....

Haha I'd really like to say.."You must be watching everyone (or specificially asian students) on that interview day"....
hmm not really.. it just end up i saw her badge indicated she is from New York.. and you just end up be in my group and at the end we both have questions on our pre-requisite classes haha

Last edited:
hmm not really.. it just end up i saw her badge indicated she is from New York.. and you just end up be in my group and at the end we both have questions on our pre-requisite classes haha

Totally forgot that we had our hometowns written on our badges.. my bad...

So it took most of you almost 30 days to receive the acceptance email??
My interview was on Jan 7th. From reading the threads, there is one person from the same day who's already accepted within a week. The waiting game is still going...

I'm still waiting too and I interviewed 1/7 in the 2-5 group =/

Nope. She definitely said Monday or Tuesday though, right?

They told you guys that you would hear today? There are still people from 1/7 interview (including myself) who still haven't heard yet...

They told you guys that you would hear today? There are still people from 1/7 interview (including myself) who still haven't heard yet...

Yeah they told is if we are accepted we will would hear back by today and if not then we are prob waitlisted, hold, or rejected.

Yeah they told is if we are accepted we will would hear back by today and if not then we are prob waitlisted, hold, or rejected.

Interesting... so I guess no news isn't good news in this case.

That's exactly what I had in mind.. but at least give us some news instead of keeping us waiting.

Yeah I'm just wondering too why they told the 1/27 group a date but told us nothing.

Yeah I'm just wondering too why they told the 1/27 group a date but told us nothing.

Hey Erin, you also interviewed at U of Kentucky right? When was your interview day and did you end up paying the $1000 tuition?

Anyone who interviewed last week hear anything yet?