University of New Mexico Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Aaaahhhh! Wow, I thought the interview was nerve racking! I've heard everyone say how laid back and friendly the interviewers are, and my student interviewer was grouchy, seriously! It made my interview a little uncomfortable:confused: Well, hopefully it was good enough, but who knows when I'll find out :eek:

Best of luck to myrnac13, hoping we all see one another in the fall :)

Btw, if anyone cares to know any of the statistical data, they give u a paper with info on previous years, and the acceptances. I'll post, I'm sure it's informative. I'll give last years info, the years before vary statistically but not that much. For 2010:
Total apps 794
# of qualified apps 555
Applicants interviewed 168
Applicants offered admission 98
students admitted 90

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! I finally decided to create an account so I can post stuff too haha

Does anyone know how many applicants (both in state and out of state) have been accepted at this point or how many more interviews are being scheduled? Any info would be greatly appreciated! I called Krystal and she only told me that they were going to be starting April interviews soon.

@Miss13C: sry to hear your interviewer was grouchy...my student interviewer was a bit cross too (maybe we had the same person? Haha). Thanks for the stats; I'm out of state so I know it's going to be even more competitive for me :/ Were there many out of staters at your interview?

Congratz to pharmDeezy and Pharmizzle! Keep crossing your fingers for us!

Hey everyone! I finally decided to create an account so I can post stuff too haha

Does anyone know how many applicants (both in state and out of state) have been accepted at this point or how many more interviews are being scheduled? Any info would be greatly appreciated! I called Krystal and she only told me that they were going to be starting April interviews soon.

@Miss13C: sry to hear your interviewer was grouchy...my student interviewer was a bit cross too (maybe we had the same person? Haha). Thanks for the stats; I'm out of state so I know it's going to be even more competitive for me :/ Were there many out of staters at your interview?

Congratz to pharmDeezy and Pharmizzle! Keep crossing your fingers for us!

No, hardly any out of state applicants. I would say about 5, prob 2 that came in from out of state and maybe 3 that were out of state students currently attending UNM for prepharm or undergrad studies, but they were classified as out of state. Everyone else was a resident and I would say between 35-40 applicants were there. I meant to count but people just kept showing up and I was distracted.

For those of you that applied from out of state how many applicants did you have at your interview? How many were out of state? Just trying to do the number crunch to see how many of the possible 168 interviewed applicants are out of state. :cool:

Last edited:
No, hardly any out of state applicants. I would say about 5, prob 2 that came in from out of state and maybe 3 that were out of state students currently attending UNM for prepharm or undergrad studies, but they were classified as out of state. Everyone else was a resident and I would say between 35-40 applicants were there. I meant to count but people just kept showing up and I was distracted.

For those of you that applied from out of state how many applicants did you have at your interview? How many were out of state? Just trying to do the number crunch to see how many of the possible 168 interviewed applicants are out of state. :cool:

I interviewed in January and everyone was out of state...there were about 20 (maybe a few more) of us?

Hey guys i was wondering if any of you took immunology, we had an oppurtunity to meet with the current students and some of them said the class helped them...

Hey guys i was wondering if any of you took immunology, we had an oppurtunity to meet with the current students and some of them said the class helped them...
I'm taking it now. It's a great class so far and very interesting. Dr. Miller will waive the 203/204 pre-reqs for just about anyone as long as you did well in 201/202.

I think biology 429 is useful too but I've heard less about it than immunology.

Thanks Miss13C :)

Sooo nervous for my interview tomorrow! :xf:

Does anyone by chance know how many people have approximately been already accepted?

Hey GreenChili! Hope your interview went well. Mine was pretty good. Kinda iffy, but i'm praying they liked me :xf:. I asked this question, but no one seemed to have an answer for me. I'm so curious to find out. Well best of luck and I hope we get in!!!!

Hey GreenChili! Hope your interview went well. Mine was pretty good. Kinda iffy, but i'm praying they liked me :xf:. I asked this question, but no one seemed to have an answer for me. I'm so curious to find out. Well best of luck and I hope we get in!!!!
I personally know around 10 people that have gotten in but that's all I can say.

I also thought my interview was a bit iffy, the p4 seemed to not like me but the clinician pharmacist did so it was kind of strange. Good luck to everyone, if you don't know in a week I think they make final decisions the second week of May or something.

Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to all of you who interviewed recently! Hope you guys get some good news soon. :)

I'm taking it now. It's a great class so far and very interesting. Dr. Miller will waive the 203/204 pre-reqs for just about anyone as long as you did well in 201/202.

I think biology 429 is useful too but I've heard less about it than immunology.

Thank you so much, i was thinking about registering for it, i will take it in the fall. Best of luck to you.

As far as the number of acceptances go, I know that both my gf and I got in and we're out of staters. She got her acceptance letter 04/11 but it was dated 04/08.

:thumbup:

hey guys I'm an out of state applicant and just received my acceptance today! woo hoo !

I personally know around 10 people that have gotten in but that's all I can say.

I also thought my interview was a bit iffy, the p4 seemed to not like me but the clinician pharmacist did so it was kind of strange. Good luck to everyone, if you don't know in a week I think they make final decisions the second week of May or something.

My P4 was also kind of iffy, but I got an acceptance last Monday! :D Soo...it's not impossible haha. Good luck to the rest of the hopefuls!

My P4 was also kind of iffy, but I got an acceptance last Monday! :D Soo...it's not impossible haha. Good luck to the rest of the hopefuls!

So it looks like iffy is good :) Congrats to those of you who got in.

I know the admissions committee met yesterday and Saturday was the last interview day. Dr. Thompson said we should be hearing really soon whether it's a yes or no. I only know about 3 people who got in. I'm really Nervous!!! :scared:

Bad news PharmDeezy, Kobe is going to lose another playoff game tonight! J/k I think I met you and your gf at the interviews. You two stay in a hotel by the airport? I got my acceptance letter on April 7th. Can't wait to start!

Hi. I was accepted. In-state. Interviewed on April 2, sent an acceptance offer April 6. I was told that the acceptance committee convened on the proceeding Monday to discuss the candidates interviewed on Saturday April 2nd, so I'm assuming that the later interview is the same process and timeline for those still worried about decisions.

Yes Pharm you up, i stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn... Youre from Utah correct? Congrats on getting in too! Have you looked at housing or anything yet? How about fin aid?

If any of you out of staters have questions about the city or housing or anything you could ask us in staters here. It's a small city so just about anyone that lives here should be able to answer them.

If any of you out of staters have questions about the city or housing or anything you could ask us in staters here. It's a small city so just about anyone that lives here should be able to answer them.

Hi Notecard!

Yes, actually I did have questions about housing. I'm currently looking on http://och.unm.edu/complexes.php for a 1-BR, but I really can't tell how the apartment is or how close/far it is from the campus. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!

For anyone who is attending in the Fall and is interested, I will have a room available for rent at my house. PM me for details.

Hi Notecard!

Yes, actually I did have questions about housing. I'm currently looking on http://och.unm.edu/complexes.php for a 1-BR, but I really can't tell how the apartment is or how close/far it is from the campus. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks!
That is a pretty good list. Which one are you specifically interested in? And how close do you want to live from campus?

Last edited:
My interview was on April 16th and I revived acceptance letter on April 27th

Wow, looks like the acceptance list has grown pretty long!! Congrats Pharm Hopeful. I haven't heard anything....... so outlook is dim. I've been checking the mail every day :rolleyes: Well, I'm signing out of this thread for the cycle, good luck to everyone have a great summer.

peace :D

Wow, looks like the acceptance list has grown pretty long!! Congrats Pharm Hopeful. I haven't heard anything....... so outlook is dim. I've been checking the mail every day :rolleyes: Well, I'm signing out of this thread for the cycle, good luck to everyone have a great summer.

Don't write yourself off yet. They still accept quite a few people in May. I think you are in state? Which means you've got a chance still. Keep checking the mail:thumbup:

Hey guys, Congrats to everyone that got accepted, i was wondering if we could get some stats from those of you that got accepted, eg... GPA, PCAT scores? If thats fine with you...thanks

Hey guys, Congrats to everyone that got accepted, i was wondering if we could get some stats from those of you that got accepted, eg... GPA, PCAT scores? If thats fine with you...thanks

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Don't loose hope!! From most pharm students ive spoken to, they didnt find out until AFTER their spring grades went up...especially if youre taking a lot of prereq classes too.

Has anyone heard any updates??

Sorry for the millionth post.

I forgot to mention I overheard the dean telling a student that the last day the committee meets is may 19th...so I don't think we'll be hearing until then (which makes sense because thats right after our final grades are posted).

Just wondering how many seats are still open...

Don't loose hope!! From most pharm students ive spoken to, they didnt find out until AFTER their spring grades went up...especially if youre taking a lot of prereq classes too.

Has anyone heard any updates??
The list of people I know have gotten in went up to around 25 or so. Plus the few from state and the people I don't know, plus out of staters. I'd say the class is a little over half full at the moment. Plenty of room left.

The list of people I know have gotten in went up to around 25 or so. Plus the few from state and the people I don't know, plus out of staters. I'd say the class is a little over half full at the moment. Plenty of room left.

Oh cool, I didn't know that good luck to everyone!! Hope it will be a good year for everyone on the thread :xf: :xf: not too much longer of a wait guys! :D

Krystal emailed me an email requesting spring grades. The committee is still meeting and making final decisions. There's still hope for us who haven't gotten accepted yet!

Krystal emailed me an email requesting spring grades. The committee is still meeting and making final decisions. There's still hope for us who haven't gotten accepted yet!

Yup, I got the email too! Hey, has anyone heard of people who have gotten denied yet? I did talk to someone I tutor who said his coworker got a denial. Which I am kinda wondering about since it wasn't first hand information. This was last early last week. But I'm thinking if its true, then that's even more positive, right? At least we haven't received denials? Then that is narrowing the list down and we are closer to an acceptance perhaps?

The only reason there could be a denial already would be if they still had a lot of outstanding science credits left? Or maybe they didn't meet the cut off so they were automatically eliminated out of the cycle?

No, I don't think they even had outstanding credits. This wasn't the first time the person applied. Also, they did interview this cycle, as well as the cycle before..... I was told:confused:

Hello all!!
I am super excited to be starting this fall. My interview was the 16th of April and I got my acceptance letter a few weeks later. I had to tell them by the 16th of May whether or not I would accept. I bet that they will send out a lot more acceptance letters once they have a better idea on how many are going to accept their invitations.

Hi everyone! I am excited to start in the fall as well. I had my interview on April 16th and received my acceptance on April 27th! I was so excited!!!! Krystal told me they will send out the orientation materials at the end of May and then we can sign up for classes! I can't wait! Good luck to everyone still waiting to find out if they got in!!!

Has any accepted people received an orientation package yet? Does anybody know when that week orientation will be this year?

Thank you

Has any accepted people received an orientation package yet? Does anybody know when that week orientation will be this year?

Thank you
They're going out first week of June. The rumor is orientation is in July but no one knows for sure yet.