Program-Specific Info / Q's University of Minnesota OTD Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

liz2244OT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I recently found out that I made the waitlist for the University of Minnesota OTD program for fall 2019. Does anyone have experience or knowledge of this situation? What are the chances I’ll get accepted off the list? How many people are put on the waitlist? I’m really just wanting more info as the U is my number one choice and I wasn’t given much info in the waitlist email. Also, should I send an email of continued interest to their admissions email? Does that actually help? Thank you guys!!

Members don't see this ad.

I’m on the waitlist too! UMN was my number one school too, but unfortunately they didn’t get back to me quick enough because I got admitted to another school in Massachusetts. It’s crazy how we haven’t heard much from them for about 5 months!

Reactions: 1 user
I’m on the waitlist too! UMN was my number one school too, but unfortunately they didn’t get back to me quick enough because I got admitted to another school in Massachusetts. It’s crazy how we haven’t heard much from them for about 5 months!
I know, I want to contact them again to see if they’ll give me more information, but I don’t want to bug them either!! Congratulations on your acceptance! Very exciting. Did you remove yourself from the waitlist at the U of MN or will you just decline if you receive an offer? I’m wondering how long I’m going to have to wait!! It’s driving me crazy!

I know, I want to contact them again to see if they’ll give me more information, but I don’t want to bug them either!! Congratulations on your acceptance! Very exciting. Did you remove yourself from the waitlist at the U of MN or will you just decline if you receive an offer? I’m wondering how long I’m going to have to wait!! It’s driving me crazy!

I’ve contacted them numerous times to the point where I think they got sick of me calling but I did also write a LOCI to them. I feel like I’ve put a lot of effort into trying to get a response back that I’m done trying. I’ll probably reject their offer if they do give me it. The main reason is because I would be contingent with two classes and I don’t want to take those classes without me actually knowing if I got into the program or not. But hopefully you’ll hear back soon!