university of michigan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dryacku

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any helpful advice... I have an interview with there program however i know it is much easier to get a four year position as oppose to a three year position... but because michigan is a state that requires an aoa internship year before we can continue training in that state... how do i do this... do i just rank there four program and then roll the dice about getting it approved and if it doesnt get approved then i am screwed because i cant contintue residency there...

I know i can apply to their three program but it is much more difficult to get that spot... so any suggestions or ideas.. Im thinkin about just rollin the dice and if i get screwed then i may have to do five years if thats what it takes

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone have any helpful advice... I have an interview with there program however i know it is much easier to get a four year position as oppose to a three year position... but because michigan is a state that requires an aoa internship year before we can continue training in that state... how do i do this... do i just rank there four program and then roll the dice about getting it approved and if it doesnt get approved then i am screwed because i cant contintue residency there...

I know i can apply to their three program but it is much more difficult to get that spot... so any suggestions or ideas.. Im thinkin about just rollin the dice and if i get screwed then i may have to do five years if thats what it takes

thanks

Talk to your med school advisior.

They offer interviews to DO's for the three year position. They have six advanced spots that they save for DO's and FMG's. These are out of the match spots, so at the end of interviews if they like you, they will offer a contract. There is no way to get in as a DO through the match. The reason I know this is because I am in the same boat and asked the coordinator.

Members don't see this ad :)
I talked with the secretary and Ketafol is right on. She said they would send out either an acceptance or rejection letter 2-3 weeks after the interview for DO apps. If you accept, you're required, of course, to drop out of the match. Some possible big decisions coming. I interview there this weekend.