University of Kansas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

panda81

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,
Anyone heard from KU about interview invites for the month of October (or any later month for that matter)? I know they were reviewing files last week.

Members don't see this ad.

Panda-

They sent out notifications at the end of last week for interviews at the end of the month (27th and 29th).

I was complete there in early August. (applied EDP but didn't get an interview)

Hopefully you'll hear something soon!

Hi,

I got an email on Friday for an interview Oct. 28.
Now if I can just figure out how to calm my nerves between now and then...

Good luck with your application!

Members don't see this ad :)
hey velouria:
I'll be there too on October 28th! Maybe they're interviewing just out-of-state applicants that day? I see you're in MO.

Hey guys

I've got a couple questions for those of you with interviews... How long was it between the completion of your secondary and your notification of an interview? Does KU start processing once they receive the minimum of three letters of rec, or do they wait until they have them all?

Thanks!
Charlie

Charlie:
I'm not sure my information will help you because I completed my secondary as soon as I got it, in mid-August, and this is the first round of interview invites. I'm sure that it won't take that long now that they're actually offering interviews.

As far as the letters of rec, I'm not certain.

Good luck!

While we're on the subject of KU interviews, did anyone get an initial invitation that said they were interviewing on Tuesday, October 29th? Obviously that won't work, since the 29th is a Wednesday. I called today to see what was up and haven't heard back yet.

I'm crossing my fingers that I'm actually on the 28th, because i have a microbial genetics test on the 29th!

I haven't been offered an interview yet, but I was wondering if it took a while for your rec letters to be posted on their status page. mine were sent about 3 weeks ago and they're still not recorded, and i'm not sure if i should call to bother them or not. thanks!

It took quite some time to get my LORs posted on the status page. They have been doing early decision stuff and I think there might only be one person that enters that sort of data into the computer. So, they could just be backed up. But, if you think the letters should have arrived 3 weeks ago, I'd say you're probably safe to give them a call, just to check.

Grrrr I have had my letters ready since early Sept but my advising office has yet to send them +pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+

Danwsu:

Grrrr I have had my letters ready since early Sept but my advising office has yet to send them

That totally sucks. I was going to feel bad for ya til I noticed you're a Raiders fan. Just don't go breaking any kneecaps at your advising office ;)

You realize that KU is in Chiefs territory, right? 7-0 after this Monday night!!

OK, I'm done. Seriously, though, I assume you've been on the phone with them or made a few personal visits? Any way your writers could send them on their own? That's SUCH a long time to hold them! Advising offices suck. Mine lost some of my files and didn't tell me for weeks.

Good luck to you (but not on Monday night)!

Originally posted by velouria
Danwsu:

That totally sucks. I was going to feel bad for ya til I noticed you're a Raiders fan. Just don't go breaking any kneecaps at your advising office ;)

You realize that KU is in Chiefs territory, right? 7-0 after this Monday night!!

OK, I'm done. Seriously, though, I assume you've been on the phone with them or made a few personal visits? Any way your writers could send them on their own? That's SUCH a long time to hold them! Advising offices suck. Mine lost some of my files and didn't tell me for weeks.

Good luck to you (but not on Monday night)!

As if things weren't bad enough grrr. I've been thinking about changing my icon with the poor performance of my beloved Raiders. Next Monday is going to be ugly, but until then 24-0 :p

And yeah I've been dropping by the office every week trying to get them to pick up the slack. I think I may have gotten something done about it yesterday. But then again I thought the same thing every other week. I think I'm going to start bugging them everyday until my letters get sent.

Good luck to you to (just not in the post season)!