University of Illinois at Chicago c/o 2017 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know whether or not UIC would tell us if we're missing any prereqs? Don't want to put down the deposit and then find out later that they didn't accept one of my courses to satisfy a prereq. Anyway to find out or is the only way just to call?

If they have your school listed, you can check here to see which courses they accept.

http://128.248.232.63/pharmacy/prePharmacyGuide/prePharmacyGuide_form.asp

Otherwise I think you can e-mail Paula Fleming and she can tell you on the spot whether a course is okay or not.

Members don't see this ad.

Could the students who have heard back after interviews please list their interview dates?
gpa 3.1
PCAT 92
Volunteering hours, shadowing, leadership positions, pharmacy technician, etc...

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted: 11/12/2012
Invited: 1/19/2013
Interviewed: 2/16/2013
Accepted: 2/19/2013

Hard Stats:
GPA 3.18
PCAT 97

I'm surprised they got back to me so fast! Maybe because I'm out of state?

Submitted: 11/12/2012
Invited: 1/19/2013
Interviewed: 2/16/2013
Accepted: 2/19/2013

Hard Stats:
GPA 3.18
PCAT 97

I'm surprised they got back to me so fast! Maybe because I'm out of state?
Congrats! Did you interview at the Chicago campus or Rockford?

Did anyone stay in a hotel for the Chicago interview and would recommend any particular hotel?

Just received my acceptance email today!
Interviewed 2/11 at Chicago campus

3.0 gpa (2.92 PharmCAS gpa)
96 PCAT
:)

I have a feeling they do not reject applicants this early in the cycle, and instead place all who are not offered immediate admission onto the holding pattern.

Question: when everyone is posting their GPA, is that based on the pre-reqs for UIC or PharmCas overall?

Question: when everyone is posting their GPA, is that based on the pre-reqs for UIC or PharmCas overall?

It probably varies, but my impression was the PharmCAS/overall GPA. If you're trying to compare yourself to those who got admitted or are in the holding pattern there will be a really small sample size on here.

Members don't see this ad :)
well yeah I know this place is a small, but UIC takes into account 3 gpa's, IIRC. It's just confusing when someone mentions just 1 gpa and not what type is it, for the most part.

I was placed on the holding pattern both before AND after my interview on Jan 28... and I received my acceptance email today! I was so happy I screamed because UIC is my top choice :)

So for those of you on hold-- try not to worry yourselves too much because they are definitely re-reviewing applications every week... just have to wait until they finally make a decision.

I was placed on the holding pattern both before AND after my interview on Jan 28... and I received my acceptance email today! I was so happy I screamed because UIC is my top choice :)

So for those of you on hold-- try not to worry yourselves too much because they are definitely re-reviewing applications every week... just have to wait until they finally make a decision.

I was also accepted today!!! I was on the holding pattern for a week, so I'm sure they re-reviewed my application after more interviews. My interview was on 2/01 at Rockford. This school is my top choice, I'll def be going there

Got Accepted.. Was on holding pattern for a week.. Thank God... Now gotta put in my deposit... Congrats to everyone who got accepted..

Wow that was pretty fast. I wonder if it's a small applicant pool this year?

Wow that was pretty fast. I wonder if it's a small applicant pool this year?

Maybe they needed to compare our applications to other people after they interviewed before they could make a decision.

Got Accepted.. Was on holding pattern for a week.. Thank God... Now gotta put in my deposit... Congrats to everyone who got accepted..

Same! Was on holding for a week or so. But I'm accepted now. Big decisions ahead!

Hello everyone can anyone tell me a little bit about the interview day, and can someone briefly describe the mmi process will they just begin the scenarios right away or will they first ask you a little bit about yourself. Thank you again in advance.

Hello everyone can anyone tell me a little bit about the interview day, and can someone briefly describe the mmi process will they just begin the scenarios right away or will they first ask you a little bit about yourself. Thank you again in advance.

Look at the previous posts. And no they do not ask you about yourself.

The MMIs account for 30 minutes of the total 4 hour-long interview day. The rest of the time is divided into lunch, Q&As, and a tour which are all facilitated by current students. Good luck!

got accepted into UIC and OSU and i'm having a tough time deciding. I'm from out of state. What is everyone's reasons for choosing UIC?

Cheap as hell. Literally. My number one reason. Plus it will be cool to live downtown. And it's a pretty prestigious school. All good things.

got accepted into UIC and OSU and i'm having a tough time deciding. I'm from out of state. What is everyone's reasons for choosing UIC?

My reasoning for choosing UIC over any other school in Illinois the fact that it is the best school in Illinois and relatively low cost pf attendance. But since you are out of state UIC is not as "cheap" for you, and OSU is ranked much higher in the country. But you must decided what feels right for you, and what's important in your opinion.

Last edited:
I was on hold for a few weeks and got accepted this morning!!! Yay!!!
Holding Pattern- 19 February
Accepted- today
Yay!!!!

I was on hold for a few weeks and got accepted this morning!!! Yay!!!
Holding Pattern- 19 February
Accepted- today
Yay!!!!

Congrats! I got an acceptance e-mail this morning as well! I was put on hold March 1st.
Decision came just in time for me not to have to pay the deposit to another school! Hurrah! :clap:

Those of you who were recently accepted from holding pattern, do you mind sharing your stats along with the campus you got accepted to, please?

Undergrad: University of Washington at Seattle
Major: BS Biochem
Overall GPA: 3.4
PCAT science: 87~94
No pharmacy experience, got volunteer experience, and officer of prepharm club

Those of you who were recently accepted from holding pattern, do you mind sharing your stats along with the campus you got accepted to, please?

Accepted to Chicago campus :)

GPA: 3.87 (3.75 science)
pcat: 79 (not great but 93 in chemistry)

Research experience at school.
Also I work in a research company (not medical related though).
No BS, no pharm. tech

accepted! interviewed yesterday, just found out now. so happy!!!

Interviewed yesterday as well. Accepted today. GPA 3.71, PCAT 70, OOS.

Interviewed yesterday (3/11), accepted today to the Chicago campus!
I was shocked to hear back so soon but I couldn't be happier :)

I'm out of state and was recently doubting my competitiveness at this school but I guess they saw something they liked!

The interview experience was really great! Having the MMI portion first made the rest of the day a lot more relaxed. Interviews can be stressful but I think the format made it less so. Just be yourself and smile. The student ambassadors were the best part! Seeing how much they enjoyed UIC made me want to be one of them!

Accepted!!!!!!!!!! Interviewed yesterday. SO EXCITED!!!

Nice! Congratulations!
It took me two weeks to get accepted!

I had an interview yesterday and found out im placed on holding pattern. I think my interview went fine but do you guys know how much emphasis they put on the interview process? because sometimes that process is make or break for you.

I have a 3.71 gpa with A's in science courses and 70 PCAT score.
I have some volunteering on the resume, leadership positions in student organizations, and have job shadowed a couple of hospitals/retail.

I'm just not sure if UIC puts a lot of emphasis on the interview or they will take everything into account as well as the personal essay.

Any thoughts???

placed on holding pattern. Sigh more waiting.

Last edited:
I had an interview yesterday and found out im placed on holding pattern. I think my interview went fine but do you guys know how much emphasis they put on the interview process? because sometimes that process is make or break for you.

I have a 3.71 gpa with A's in science courses and 70 PCAT score.
I have some volunteering on the resume, leadership positions in student organizations, and have job shadowed a couple of hospitals/retail.

I'm just not sure if UIC puts a lot of emphasis on the interview or they will take everything into account as well as the personal essay.

Any thoughts???

I have approximately the same stats, and I know people with higher who have applied. I think the interview does count for a decent percentage of the process.

hey were you there for interviews yesterday?

Ridge, I was the other guy in your group.

I thought for sure I aced the interview, but oh well can't fret over every egg.

The next days are gonna be painful. Hopefully I don't wait more than a week.

Ridge, I was the other guy in your group.

I thought for sure I aced the interview, but oh well can't fret over every egg.

The next days are gonna be painful. Hopefully I don't wait more than a week.
Yeah man i feel you on that. I wonder if anyone from our group got accepted right away?

Yeah man i feel you on that. I wonder if anyone from our group got accepted right away?

Heck I'm wondering who got in from that day overall. It seems like we're the only ones who post here.