University of Health Science Antigua???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

finebyme

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all,

I am planning to take the online medical basic science with this school and do clinical rotation in Chicago,IL. Does any one has any information regarding the school and the program that i am about to enter. Your responses will be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

You will love the Gross Anatomy online..
You will learn a lot..
Maybe they will let you do Clinicals online too..

have you ever heard the saying, "there's one born every minute"? You're about to live it, pal. By the way, I have a bridge to sell you....

Members don't see this ad :)
AUC, SABA, St. George, check those out first.
Who would accept MD degree online?

On-line programs have been discussed ad nauseum on this and the Everybody (or was it Allopathic) forums. The general consensus is that currently medicine is too conventional to accept basic science work completed on-line, even thought it may seem convenient and a great way to learn.

I would seriously encourage you to contact the Illinois State Medical Board to inquire about licensing requirements. You may find that you will be ineligible for a license to practice medicine if you have not completed 40 months of ON-SITE medical education (eg, on-line basic sciences may not wash). Make sure you ascertain whether Antigua is listed in the WHO directory and whether you will be eligible for ECFMG certification as well. Talk with some PDs and see whether they would be interested in a degree from there.

I realize that this may seem to be a great option for a working adult who wishes not to leave his hometown, but IMHO you will be losing more than you will gain by going this route.

Best of luck to you.

What's the web address of this place - I'd be interested to take a look

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by CVPA:
www.iuhs.edu. Stay away from Antigua's program.
Hi cvpa! i am a 30 year old PA with a son who i would not take far from his father. i have been seriously considering iuhs and am encouraged by your comments. i firmly believe that you get out what you put in to any situation. do you have any further advice, or know anyone that i can talk to for help? do you know if results are in for the usmle? how much harder could it be than the PANCE? ;-) lol lol!
any reply would be appreciated! thank you!!!