University of Georgia Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Of those that have received acceptances, have you completed your undergrad degree already?

Members don't see this ad.

I was so depressed when I didn't get a letter on the 15th. I went down to Orlando hoping to forget about pharmacy school, when I get a call from my sister exiting the Jurassic at Islands of Adventure to find out I'm accepted! I'm so stoked!
Just wanted to post on here to get to know some people! I've already e-mailed admissions, and I am for sure going. Only pharmacy school I applied to anyway, and I am SO relieved!!

Members don't see this ad :)
meganalope/laughisfree: please share your gpa and pcat stats if you don't mind. did either or you have pharmacy experience?

I got my acceptance letter on Tuesday, March 15. This is my number one choice so I am definitely going here. For anyone who wants to know, my GPA is 3.66 and PCAT score is 80. I don't have a bachelors degree and won't get one before I start pharmacy school. I also do not have any pharmacy experience. Good luck to everyone who is waiting.

Pre-Pharm GPA: 3.96
PCAT: 74
I've had three weeks of experience at a retail pharmacy, and I will be doing an internship at a management pharmacy in Atlanta this summer which I told Dr. Wolfgang at my interview.

If you didn't get accepted March round don't be discouraged. I was so depressed when I didn't get accepted February round, but they obviously review each application again carefully for each acceptance round.

does uga tell you where you are slotted for your last two years in your acceptance letter (athens, augusta or albany)?

Your acceptance letter should have everything that you need to know in order to enroll next fall. It'll tell you where you will be in the 3rd and 4th years. Either 3rd year in athens and lottery during the 4th or last 2 years in augusta/albany (it is stated in bold letters so you won't miss it; same as the due date for the $250 deposit and confirmation letter that you will need to send). Hope this answer your question.

Does anyone know of anyone who was accepted at uga but declined acceptance?

Does anybody know when the next release of letters will be? I have to submit my deposit for another school if I don't get in to UGA and I'd like to know before I have to submit an unnecessary deposit.

Does anybody know when the next release of letters will be? I have to submit my deposit for another school if I don't get in to UGA and I'd like to know before I have to submit an unnecessary deposit.
After the next round of interviews, so mid to late April.

According to Student Affairs, everyone will receive a letter by April 14th.

According to Student Affairs, everyone will receive a letter by April 14th.

Oh really?
I thought they will release letters next week because they said they have only one more day of interviews left.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh really?
I thought they will release letters next week because they said they have only one more day of interviews left.

Maybe so, but they probably mean you should know something by 4/14 at the latest. Next week's letters might only be acceptances of those from that interview cycle, you never know. Try not to obsess over the mailbox until after the 14th. :)

Perfectly said MrsAppleseed =) I hope they send them sooner, but I'm attempting not to panic until then haha

Hey, does anyone know if you can actually go pick up the letter before they actually send it? It'd be much more convenient being that I go here and I do research in the building so it'd just be a walk downstairs. I'm so nervous !! I've been reading way too many posts about rejections when having both a good PCAT and gpa. (mine is 3.95 prepharm & 85 pcat). as i said i do pharmaceutical & biomed research (no pharm experience, but they said research is a type of 'experience') with one of the professors there and she actually wrote me a LOR. my interview went ok i'd say, i honestly don't think i blew them away with what i said but most or all of his answers were "ok good, excellent." so should i be worrying or i don't know?

For those that have been accepted, where did you do your undergrad prepharm work?

Hey, does anyone know if you can actually go pick up the letter before they actually send it? It'd be much more convenient being that I go here and I do research in the building so it'd just be a walk downstairs. I'm so nervous !! I've been reading way too many posts about rejections when having both a good PCAT and gpa. (mine is 3.95 prepharm & 85 pcat). as i said i do pharmaceutical & biomed research (no pharm experience, but they said research is a type of 'experience') with one of the professors there and she actually wrote me a LOR. my interview went ok i'd say, i honestly don't think i blew them away with what i said but most or all of his answers were "ok good, excellent." so should i be worrying or i don't know?

I don't think that you can pick them up, but I'm not 100% sure. In my opinion, they wouldn't because they would be bombarded every day with people asking if they have letters. I asked if they could send it to my Athens address, and they said no because it's not permanent.

I just talked to one of my friends and he got in. He said he called them, and they told him.

Yeah I called and they said they were mailed out yesterday, and if you're going to be waitlisted you'll get an email later today

Me Three x.X

Is everyone who was not accepted but interviewed on the alternate list? Or are a select few put on the list, and some who were interviewed are rejected?

I went to a meeting last year and they said that around 20 were selected to be placed on the alternate list. And according to the facebook page 12 students were chosen from the alternate list so there's still hope!:xf:

If you guys don't mind sharing, those who are waitlisted what are your stats?

Accepted!! I can't believe it!!

To answer "ListedToWait"'s question, there are acceptances, rejections, and waitlists from all people who were interviewed. I know some were rejected in the early rounds too.

PCAT 76
GPA 3.0

Congrats to you both, I don't understand how I got waitlisted. I guess the interview must be extremely important to the point where I absolutely abolished mine (and I didn't think it went THAT bad, either) :confused:

GPA 3.95
PCAT 85

I was accepted, but have decided to attend Mercer. Good luck to those on the wait list. Don't give up!

Stats:
GPA - 3.75
PCAT - 84

Those who received your letters today...how far do you live from Athens?

@ListedToWait I don't know :(

I was interviewed the FIRST day as well so I must have been one of the first that they wanted to know more about. Apparently everything that I said must have been what they did not want to hear. I don't have pharmacy experience but I do research ironically enough with the Pharmaceutical & Biomed dept in the Pharmacy building at UGA with one of the professors there (who wrote me a LOR and also teaches pharmacology in the college) and I'm currently doing a thesis for my honors thesis course. So, I don't know either. I really don't.

Wow, I'm sure you will be one of the first to be pulled from the list :)

Congratulations to those who are accepted!

My stats:

Overall GPA - 3.96
Pre-Req GPA - 4.0
PCAT - 88
Have a BS degree
Had some pharmacy experiences

I don't know what went wrong cause I thought my interview was quite good. Perhaps it was my not-so-outstanding recommendations or I'm just an out-of-state applicant?

Last edited:
Waitlisted.

BS in chem.

MS in drug design.

3.0 prereq gpa

90 pcat(first time)

Pfizer Drug Design Internship

Last edited:
Accepted!
GPA: 3.01
PCAT: 77

B.S. in Psychology
Tons of extracurriculars
Working as a pharmacy technician
Fluent in three languages--including Spanish

Last edited:
Wait-listed
GPA: 3.7
PCAT: 90
Still working on degree
Some pharmacy experience

Esh -

The interview portion is a VERY important part of your score. There is 199 that is contributed to your GPA and PCAT, and then another (I think) 150 that comes from your interview.

bkkhopper -

I feel like out-of-state might help you more so they would have a more diverse group of people? Idk...

The wait is never over! :confused:

I wonder if there will be selection from the list after these next few weeks(when confirmation of acceptance is required)

It was to my understanding that the GPA, PCAT & interview weighed equally (out of 100 points) to give a total 300 point score which was then used to rank the students.

Yeah, I feel you masterchemist, this wait is never-ending. Also I come to find out two days after I get wait-listed that I have a pharmacy job over the summer and I can't tell admissions that because they said that the only thing that can change from now until then is the GPA score. Fail :/ but either way I'm very excited about the job and if it doesn't work out I'll finally have that experience to add on and to tell future pharmacy schools. Everything works out for the better guys but good luck to us all!

Congrats on the pharmacy job!! I'm very jealous because it seems that every time I apply I can never find one!

**TO EVERYONE**: If you live in or around Athens, I know that the Mercy Health Clinic is always looking for volunteers in their pharmacy. They are a non-profit clinic, and I loved volunteering there. I filled prescriptions, helped organize shelves, counseled patients (with the pharmacist's instructions, of course haha), and the pharmacist that I was working with that day was extremely helpful, and willing to answer any of my questions about UGA's pharmacy school. There were also two 3rd/4th year students there so I got to walk around with them, and (when there was a break) ask them questions about classes, professors, admissions, etc. Just a thought if anyone is looking for pharmacy experience!! This was my only experience, but it made a huge difference to how I perceive pharmacy.

Here's their website: http://mercyhealthcenter.net/
Just contact them directly to see when their volunteer rounds begin! :) :thumbup:

P.S.- (Sorry, I know this is a long post) PLEASE don't get discouraged if you don't get in this year. This was my 3rd year applying and I took the PCAT 5, yes 5, times before I got the score that I did (76). I broke down and paid for the online Kaplan course (the books helped tremendously), and paid for the AudioLearn Notes. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!

@ListedToWait I don't know :(

I was interviewed the FIRST day as well so I must have been one of the first that they wanted to know more about. Apparently everything that I said must have been what they did not want to hear. I don't have pharmacy experience but I do research ironically enough with the Pharmaceutical & Biomed dept in the Pharmacy building at UGA with one of the professors there (who wrote me a LOR and also teaches pharmacology in the college) and I'm currently doing a thesis for my honors thesis course. So, I don't know either. I really don't.

How much volunteering and what not did you have? The pharmacy experience would not have been a killer as it is only 1/6th the interview score. I know that as i had to pharmacy experience myself and I discussed with Dr. Wolfgang how that would affect me.

Notifications for Accepting Acceptance(sounds weird) are due by May 1. Heard that selection from Alternate list will occur after there are spots to fill and the list will be reconsidered once there is a need. Good luck everyone- Dr. Wolfgang said that we will know before the end of May, and more realistically "halfway through May"

This probably means means that Spring 2011 grades will NOT be taken into considerations as grades will not be released before that.

Good luck everyone! Wish I knew my chances now, but it's just a waiting game. Wish we could all get in.. :cool: