University of Colorado

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for the good wishes. Good luck to the ones waiting!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I just got the mail, but nothing in it, to tell u the truth i kinda lost hope after april 26, but whatever i guess i will email jane today.

did u find anything about practical exam.when is ur interview date

Members don't see this ad :)
will you please guide me with the practical exam.what do they ask.whats with the wax up.what kind of wax up are we supposed to do.

Did anyone called Jane Miller Regarding Interview letter. 5th May has passed...
Any Further information..........

I sent her an email on saterday, but no response yet:mad:

Called her and left a msg. emailed her. No response yet.

Whoever in this thread, that has volunteered to help us out in bringing any issue to Jane Miller's notice, please do so and get us out of this frustrating waiting. Thank you..
I am sure that she might be stomped with lot of emails, voice mails etc...

Same here emailed her twice left couple of msg but no reply yet. i have doubts that we will ever get to hear from the university now.

It normally takes 3 days (at most 4) for a letter to reach any part of US. If it is just 1 or 2 who didn't receive the letter, then it would be normal... But many didn't receive it.. I wonder whats happening..
Hopefully, next time they send it in a mail which has a tracking number and include that fee in application fee.. Or wish they had an online system to check the application status..
Inspite of having such a nice person like Jane up there who understands our concerns and what we are going through.. I don't understand why we are still going through all these...
:confused: :mad:

hi,

I haven't received any mail from them either. But I did receive email from jane Miller stating that she had sent me a waitlist letter and that she has opening for the may 19th spot. I had emailed her on sat and received a reply on Monday at 4:30 pm . So i think she will reply the email...just give her time.

I still have not received any mail. I emai Jane several times and she still did not respond. I am mixed up. I do not know how to find out if I have mistaken in printing my address.

Jane sent an email to everyone who didn't get the letter by mail. I got rejected.. part1-90; toefl 111; gpa-3.4; volunteered to work as DA and observing at clinics since start of this year.. Sent an update resume to reflect that, but I don't know if they looked at it..
last hope is gone.. now planning to take part2 and apply for next year.. Gosh.. don't know when I will see my DMD/DDS degree..
Good luck to all those who will be interviewed.

i got the same email, with the rejection letter,
i have 83 part 1 and 78 part 2
99 toefl, 2.8 GPA and just finished first year of a dental hygiene program
good luck for the rest.

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys I dont know what to do even i got rejectedi have a part 1 of 88 i dont know iam just tired of these rejection letters

Hello All,
I went and spoke to Jane today. She showed me a pile of returned letters. She said 83 letters got returned. This is the message she wanted to send everyone. I guess you shd have got an email by now from her.The message is as follows:

Greetings!

Once again, thank you for your application to the International Student Program at the University of Colorado School of Dentistry.

We greatly appreciate the time and effort you contributed towards our program.

As stated in my previous e-mail, all letters have been sent out between April 19th and 23rd. Of all the letters I sent out, I received 83 of them back with a yellow label stating one of the following:

-RETURN TO SENDER, NOT DELIVERABLE AS ADDRESSED, UNABLE TO FORWARD

-RETURN TO SENDER, ATTEMPTED NOT KNOWN, UNABLE TO FORWARD

-RETURN TO SENDER, INSUFFICIENT ADDRESS, UNABLE TO FORWARD

If you did not receive my letter until now, then you are one of the 83 people whose letter was returned to me.

Please make sure that I have your current address on file and to contact USPS and make sure your name is registered with your address.

Meanwhile, attached please find an electronic copy of your letter sent.

If you would like a hard copy of the letter, please EMAIL me and I will send it out again via CERTIFIED MAIL. In this case, please make sure to verify your current address as well.

On behalf of the University of Colorado School of Dentistry and the admissions committee of International Student Program, I would like to thank you again for your time, effort, and patience.

For further information, please contact me via email.

Thank you.

Hope this helps,
Asha

I have not received any correspondence neither invitation letter nor rejection email or letter.What is the best way to reach Jane.
I have called and emailed her but there is no response.

Is there anyone in the same situation?

Oh guys... i really feel ur pain there... im so sorry for the ones that were rejected..
ksr ,,, u really have good grades there,,, its really frustrating.. the same feeling i had when i got rejected twice from UCLA....
but dont lose hope.... I pray not to lose this chance at colorado....
wish u the best luck everybody,,,,, and for myself luck on the 9th of june..

rejection after rejection.... i hope this trend ends soon. got the e-mail same old same old. i can not believe she said she got 83 letters back. seriously :rolleyes:
i don't know how many of you believe this story. i have never experienced such unprofessional way of dealing with such things. i mean we all applied and we are waiting if they didn't like the applicant then there is nothing we can do. till the application reaches them and to make sure that we fulfill the requirements is our duty and we have done it with such diligence and the least we expect from them is to respond and even for that they are ............
well you all get the picture........ just my frustration poring on to this page

rejection after rejection.... i hope this trend ends soon. got the e-mail same old same old. i can not believe she said she got 83 letters back. seriously :rolleyes:
i don't know how many of you believe this story. i have never experienced such unprofessional way of dealing with such things. i mean we all applied and we are waiting if they didn't like the applicant then there is nothing we can do. till the application reaches them and to make sure that we fulfill the requirements is our duty and we have done it with such diligence and the least we expect from them is to respond and even for that they are ............
well you all get the picture........ just my frustration poring on to this page

I won't remember when I went to CU Dental School for the first and last time this Jan. I'd just moved to the Stated from my country where I was an active dentist, graduated 2 years ago. It was frustrating, And Miss Miller, with her "you poor struggling international dentist" smile sealed every little pore that could bring in the light of hope. I hadn't taken my NBDE yet and my toefl score was not significant (99). I was going through one of the hardest stages of my life. I took the Toefl again(113). Then I received my GPA from ECE (3.50), and Last week, I got my NBDE I score (91). It is such a disappointment to see ppl being treated like that here under this thread.Jane was smiling all the time. Thank you Jane, but I'm not going to apply to your university.

Good luck all on your journeys.

------------------------------------

"First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you; then you win!"

M. Gandhi

Guys,

I am very sorry that you are having a bad experience with UC application process but have faith rejections are part of application process. There is a flaw with every university e.g BU interviews you but after that there is no correspondance from November to July for 7 months a person has no clue whether its accepted , rejected or waitlisted . So thats frustrating to and their coordinator never picks up the phone but still we have no harsh feelings.

Just have patience and courage and if Tahaaza you don't apply to UC because of this issue which you never personally experienced its not going to make much difference to the UC. Infact I read in one of your post that you are really intersted in UC as you live near Denver. Its a suggestion kindly don't accuse the program coordinator so openly as these post are read by many people other than applicants.

Guys but one thing just think how can 83 letters be back to the university, i have applied to the university but next time iam not going to apply, it is irresponsible on the behalf of the university have u ever heard of 83 letters coming back tio the university, this is crazy . i dont think it is worth applying

Me too got the email but no interview call. well this was my only hope .
part1- 84,part 2-80, gpa 3.32, toefl 267 , 3 yrs of experience in home country .

Well back to preparing for part 1 .
yeah even i dont understand how 83 letters could have come back ,iam pretty sure that i have given the right address. Anyway it does'nt matter now .

Guys,

I am very sorry that you are having a bad experience with UC application process but have faith rejections are part of application process. There is a flaw with every university e.g BU interviews you but after that there is no correspondance from November to July for 7 months a person has no clue whether its accepted , rejected or waitlisted . So thats frustrating to and their coordinator never picks up the phone but still we have no harsh feelings.

Just have patience and courage and if Tahaaza you don't apply to UC because of this issue which you never personally experienced its not going to make much difference to the UC. Infact I read in one of your post that you are really intersted in UC as you live near Denver. Its a suggestion kindly don't accuse the program coordinator so openly as these post are read by many people other than applicants.

You're right, rejection is a part of application process. I'm not rejected by CU or any other school (yet!) since I have not applied in the first place. What I wrote was the outcome of recalling a very personal and emotive experience as it occurred to me reading the last posts in the thread. Of course I was and still am interested in CU, if I wasn't, I wouldn't have checked this thread. I hope my post wouldn't discourage the prospective, and current students of CU. I wish you all the best in your journeys. I still won't apply for CU. You get a lot of snow here! :laugh:

well,, honestly.... they extended the application deadline to get more applications and more money ofcourse..
they should know their capabilities... becoz more applications mean more emails and mails and phone calls from students who r desperately looking for any info about their applications.., and their future relies on the results.. so they shouldnt take that lightly... and im talking in general...
in this country.. an international dentist goes thru hell, literary!... alot of exams and tests that expire with time! and alot of money spendings.... i wish it was less complicated....

I am sorry about the rejection letters, although many of them have very high scores. The only thing I can say is that applying to International Dentist Programs is frustrating. Starts when taking and retaking the boards, toefl, and even how your gpa is translated. We all know that dealing with those institutions is not easy. Continues with fulfilling all application requirements, and finally the non-ending wait... By the way, dealing with admissions does not get easier. I do not know anybody who sent just one application and got accepted. Most people send multiple applications to different Universities, and usually re-apply. My point is Do Not Give Up, as upseting as this is. Some school is going to appreciate your assets.

i totally agree with what caries has said......its a very long frustrating journey ,....just keep trying apply early for next year ...i am sure everyone will make it.....u cant depend on just one university , so dont give up keep trying ......all the best guys...

hey tahaza i really like ur quote a lot its so true.............(First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you; then you win!"

M. Gandhi)

ok so from the students who were rejected, we have all kind of credentials,
a high part 1 score, a good part 1 and 2 scores, an avarege part 1 and 2 scores......
and the same exact variation exists with the accepted students, same thing with the clinical experience. so what the hell?:confused:

Hi guys it is not very good news for anyone to go through the rejection procedure without proper explanation and correspondence. But amcdot has given a proof for unfortunate incident. I hope all the guys who got rejected understand this. What difference would it have made if you got rejection by e-mail or letter by 2nd or 5th when the interviews are on 19th and june 9th.I applied to NYU last year in november and i got my rejection letter in july so should i blame NYU and would that change anything.I improved my C.V and got in to NYU this year.I personally feel that everyone should put their best effort and try again rather than blaming people.Believe me lot of people discouraged me saying that i can't get in to the program with my score but i worked hard and showed them with the same score i got in to NYU and i also got invited for colorado interview. There is really a very thin line between success and defeat which is hard work and whoever does that with one good effort can never look back. I wish you all guys a good luck and hope to see you all in the dental schools in the near future ASAP.

Hi , evryone even i got the well stated rejection by email , meve is correct why blame others , see we all will get a chance somewhere or the other. we as international student never give up until we get what we want to acheive , so keep on the spirit and keep going... It was nice of jane to keep us informed ,but the only cause of everyones frustration was the delay... so i hope atleast next year there would not be delays from the institute.
All the best to all who got the interview call

what??? no we r not frustrated because of the delay or because we received the rejection by email. beside Jane Miller is very profissional and respectful but this is not the issue here. i'm frustrated because of how clueless we r, we don't have any idea about the selection criteria, apparently its not about the clinical experience and definitely not the boards, and plz don't tell me its a lil bit of everything. all i want is a school that will say clearly: this is what we r looking for :1-2-3-4-....if u have it u can move to the next phase which might be an interview or a dexterity, if u don't; don't even bother

i comletely agree, the frustration is coz of not knowing what they want.coa there r ppl with same scores who got an interview call so what is their creteria

i wish other who got in or got the interview call would stop lecturing others who have gotton the rejection letters. not all feel that we must get the letter of acceptence
more over its the lie that is getting on to others nerves. why to lie about "83" letters being returned. i called up my local postal serviece and well the answer was no
so people stop lecturing chill ok :p

Hello All,
Jane asked me to post the following information.

Dear Applicant

Once again, thank you for your interest and effort towards International Student Program at the University of Colorado School of Dentistry.

At this time, all interview spots have been confirmed and the admissions process for the entering class of 2008 is now officially closed.

As per my last email, any applicants who have not received a responding letter due to postal errors may e-mail me with your current/updated address and a copy will be sent out to you via USPS Certified Mail.

Please note the University of Colorado ISP admissions committee takes into consideration not just GPA, NBD/TOEFL scores, but also considers personal essay and goals as well as experiences, achievements, and letters of recommendation. We believe in the potential each applicant demonstrates, not just high scores and grades. I would also like to note that number of our students are accepted after multiple attempts, therefore, no one should be discouraged due to this year’s result but consider it as an experience and reapply for the next year’s class.

For the entering class of 2009, an updated application will be posted by end of May. Attached please find the procedure to reactivate your application. Please, make sure to reapply once 2009 application is available on our website www.uchsc.edu/sod Lastly, please note the 2009 application deadline may vary from the past cycles and may be earlier than the usual March date. Please check our website in advance to avoid missing the deadline.

For further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact me via phone or email. At this time, due to extremely high number of calls and emails being received, please allow at least two business days to return your message.

On behalf of the University of Colorado School of Dentistry and the International Student Program, thank you very much for all your time and interest. I look forward working with you again.

Sincerely,

Jane Miller

Thanks,
Asha

Amdoct,I dont understand why we are not getting these mails and you are taking the responsibility to post it:confused:.
I have not received any kind of information regarding the status of my application either by mail or email.

I am not sure why you guys are not getting these emails. I am just trying to help you guys as I know how painful it is to wait for an interview. I am making an extra trip to Jane's office everyday even though I have such a busy schedule in the clinics. If you have any questions or concerns email or call Jane , as she said she will answer in 2 business days.

Asha

This forum is a place to exchange information, help each other, to gain confidence reading other's success stories and to boost those people's moral who are feeling let down.
None of us are in the admission Dept. We do not know the 1 2 3 4z of admission. Neither are we trying to lecture anyone. The fact is that we see ourselves in you as we have received quite a few rejection letters as well. We try to pass on whatever information we got to make things easier, if possible. 1-2 years from now, you guys will be in our places trying to help new SDN members who are trying to get in.
Thanks Amdoc. I really appreciate your posts. Though I didn't get a post, I did get an email from Ms Miller yesterday.

p.s Joined this forum in 2004. Got into NYU this year. The only thing that kept me going.. were these so called 'lectures' from SDNites

Hello Jane Miller and Colorado school,

From Jane Miller's email - "I would also like to note that number of our students are accepted after multiple attempts, therefore, no one should be discouraged due to this year’s result but consider it as an experience and reapply for the next year’s class."

Should we apply multiple times to colorado school so that they can make money from poor students. It clearly means that even though your GPA/Scores don't increase, keep begging colorado university and after few years they may reward you for begging.
Also they have given no importance to scores but to Statement of purpose. So a person having excellent SOP can get selected even though everything in his/her SOP is fraud. This clearly means that students should stop studying and instead concentrate on boasting oneself in Statement of Puspose.
How can 83 letter be returned back. Are students so dumb to believe this. It was frustuating to check the post daily believing that either acceptance or rejection letter would have arrived. Jane miller has told lies to us that mail was posted. That was an official mail which means that the school is also responsible for this act.
Jane Miller has conveyed her message through this forum. How can a person who is not a member of this forum know about Jane miller's message. Atleast now they should have the curtsey to inform everyone about their status through email or by phone(don't tell me they would again post a mail).
Thanks amdoct for the help. We appreciate your help. Please do me a favour to take my message and present it to Jane Miller and the selection commitee of this school. If they understand what I am conveying then they would revisit the selection process.
If the admission procedure in this school is so disorganized, imagine the coursework. I am sure next year students would read my post and would not apply in colorado school. You will be distracted, waste your time and loose your confidence.

Hey
Guys i think some people are overreacting to the things here. There are mistakes in everyone's life and this is a selection process. People who are posting these threads saying that jane miller lied, and colorado school is making money. I do not think that colorado dental school was esatblished on inetrnational dentists money so stop making those comments becas it is already an esatblished school. Regarding to miss jane i do not think there is necessity for her to lie bcas she is person who is incharge for sending out letters and she is just implementing others orders,and your comments would hurt her. For example how would you feel if i say that you should have got 95 percentile on your boards and then applied to colorado dental school rather than applying with mediocre scores, Does that sound fair? Hell no i think you might beat me if you r in front of me so would be miss jane''s reaction. So stop posting such an idiotic comments and try to be professional and accept rejection with respect. I really appreciate amcdot efforts in this matter and people who are posting threads that she needs to go to jane and tell how colorado rejects are feeling is really not appreciable.Dental boy 123 you are not a gandhi for other people to follow you or your advice.So keep your advices to yourself becas what matters to international dentists is 2 years and less money so your advices and frustrations go down the drain.No one is lecturing you guys and i feel that you do not have respect for other people's feeling's. Ajay das has really put a nice thread about this.

Hey
Guys i think some people are overreacting to the things here. There are mistakes in everyone's life and this is a selection process. People who are posting these threads saying that jane miller lied, and colorado school is making money. I do not think that colorado dental school was esatblished on inetrnational dentists money so stop making those comments becas it is already an esatblished school. Regarding to miss jane i do not think there is necessity for her to lie bcas she is person who is incharge for sending out letters and she is just implementing others orders,and your comments would hurt her. For example how would you feel if i say that you should have got 95 percentile on your boards and then applied to colorado dental school rather than applying with mediocre scores, Does that sound fair? Hell no i think you might beat me if you r in front of me so would be miss jane''s reaction. So stop posting such an idiotic comments and try to be professional and accept rejection with respect. I really appreciate amcdot efforts in this matter and people who are posting threads that she needs to go to jane and tell how colorado rejects are feeling is really not appreciable.Dental boy 123 you are not a gandhi for other people to follow you or your advice.So keep your advices to yourself becas what matters to international dentists is 2 years and less money so your advices and frustrations go down the drain.No one is lecturing you guys and i feel that you do not have respect for other people's feeling's. Ajay das has really put a nice thread about this.
I think you are the one who is using abusive language

I think you should not advice coz you are also like others using bad language to hurt others

Guys what wrong with you, its ok lets not fight here I understand the frustration of both the sides but all this comes as a part of deal , its okk relax lets 4get and move on, i think its just frustration which is trying to be out but it might hurt others so let it go, gud luc to all those who got interview calls they also have to go through a lot and those who are rejected something better is on ur way ok, so relax

I think some one should report the whole thing( 83 returned letters!!!) to the Dean.Let them look at this.. I am not against any one.

Hey
I think you should learn how to respect others feelings.You wouldn't have the nerve to speak like this if you one of those 83 people.Definitely I am glad that you are not one of us,but I am sorry for the way you think:thumbdown: .Good luck to you .

meverick just because international program is for 2 years and we save money doesn't mean that school can treat us like beggars. Students put all their efforts to earn this seat.
Also just because you have got a interview letter from colorado school, you should not support this school(may to increase your chance of selection). I have read other posts from you and this is what you said about USC
"I have noticed onething in U.s Dental schools admissions dept is they are highly incompetent.They bloody do not know what exactly to do.Calling applicants and asking to provide the documents in 2 days what an unreasonable itch is she.Perhaps USC should think of firing her atleast seeing these therads.I heard they disrespect especially indians at most asp programs.I think all indians should stop begging them for progams and show some self respect."
So meverick stop giving advices to others.

Can anyone prove what I have written is wrong. If yes then I would just pack my bags and stop applying for dental schools.

I know people who have above 92 in part 1(good gpa etc) and have received rejection/waitlisted letter. I donot want to specify the exact scores but no college can ever send such a candidate waitlisting/rejection letter. Also there are people those who have received bad scores but they are been called for interview.
for eg: meverick - stats "ndbe-87,g.p.a-3.06,toefl-233". he has been applying for 2 years and finally got an interview in colorado. Congratulations!!

Yes I would fight for my rights till I receive justice from this school.

Let this post be a good testimony for future candidates who want to apply to colorado school for 2008 interview.

OK So all of us go through this, any waaz gud luc to u meverick.

Are you sure about those stats u mentioned? because on Colorado's site the minimum toefl score asked is 237. I am surprised if the score you mentioned is true.

meverick just because international program is for 2 years and we save money doesn't mean that school can treat us like beggars. Students put all their efforts to earn this seat.
Also just because you have got a interview letter from colorado school, you should not support this school(may to increase your chance of selection). I have read other posts from you and this is what you said about USC
"I have noticed onething in U.s Dental schools admissions dept is they are highly incompetent.They bloody do not know what exactly to do.Calling applicants and asking to provide the documents in 2 days what an unreasonable itch is she.Perhaps USC should think of firing her atleast seeing these therads.I heard they disrespect especially indians at most asp programs.I think all indians should stop begging them for progams and show some self respect."

Can anyone prove what I have written is wrong. If yes then I would just pack my bags and stop applying for dental schools.

I know people who have above 92 in part 1(good gpa etc) and have received rejection/waitlisted letter. I donot want to specify the exact scores but no college can ever send such a candidate waitlisting/rejection letter. Also there are people those who have received bad scores but they are been called for interview.
for eg: meverick - stats "ndbe-87,g.p.a-3.06,toefl-233". he has been applying for 2 years and finally got an interview in colorado. Congratulations!!

Let this post be a good testimony for future candidates who want to apply to colorado school for 2008 interview.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: for dentalboy123

meverick had written his stats few months back on this forum. Let meverick clarify his stats if he is bold enough.

Also look at caries stats. He/She also received interview call.
NBDE1 79
TOEFL 101
GPA 2.5 (ece)

According to colorado school, they received too many applications. When colorado school cannot handle so many applications, they should not have extended the deadline. This is cheating and colorado school needs to explain this well.

They need to re-evaluate everyone's application. Jane miller and other selection comitee members, please reply to us. We need justice. amdoct please convey all my messages to colorado school.

hey dentalboy123....
U should not comment about others stats....If they have been called for interview...that means they have got something in their application which has outweighed other applicants....and Colorado Univ doesn't look for scores only ...........
I also rec'd my rejection ( i am one of the 83 applicants who didn't receive mail).....but the only thing we can do is ...Try to improve our application and apply again...................

meverick had written his stats few months back on this forum. Let meverick clarify his stats if he is bold enough.

Also look at caries stats. He/She also received interview call.
NBDE1 79
TOEFL 101
GPA 2.5 (ece)

According to colorado school, they received too many applications. When colorado school cannot handle so many applications, they should not have extended the deadline. This is cheating and colorado school needs to explain this well.

They need to re-evaluate everyone's application. Jane miller and other selection comitee members, please reply to us. We need justice. amdoct please convey all my messages to colorado school.

yeah i agree, don't comment on other ppl stats.
Maybe the reason we reacted like this, is because we expected more from this school, and it is not about an invitation to an interview, it’s a credibility thing. I agree with maverick on one thing, is to leave Jane Miller out of this, because she was trying to help us all the way.
But when you want to give an advice, pick a better time my friend cuze right know I can’t even listen to my own father giving me an advice. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.