University of Colorado SOP current students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Getin09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking all over the internet and I'm trying to find some fairly specific information about where rotations are held, internship options, and general experiental info but can't seem to find specific listings. If there are any CU students that see this could you just "rattle" off a list, thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there,
Any University of Colorado Pharmacy students recently taken the law class? I'm studying for the CO MPJE....graduated in May and moved out here from WI. I read through all the laws, but I have a lot of questions of "gaps" that I would come across and want to make sure I'm interpreting them right. If anyone has a moment....here's a couple of questions I'm pondering:

How long are Sched II prescriptions valid in CO?

What are all of the requirements to be on a prescription order? (in CO law, only states
o Name, initials, license #, or secure electronic ID of pharmacist making the initial interpretation
o Date dispensed
o Assigned serial #
o Qty dispensed (if different than ordered)
o Additional: documentation of any changes/clarifications; substitution documentation
What about pt name/address, drug name/strength, prescriber name??? Or are these covered federally and I'm just not looking in the right spot? (I know for Controlled substances, there are explicit federal laws, but I was just wondering for any non-controlled prescription)

Do faxed prescriptions for CIII-CV need to have a physical written signiture before being faxed? (In WI they do...treated like a paper prescription)

Are there any laws in CO regarding electronically submitted prescriptions? Is an electronic signature recognized for Schedule III to V prescriptions?

Can a pharmacist or intern verbally transfer a Schedule III to V prescription to another pharmacy for the one-time transfer? (in the Board’s Rules/Regs it mentioned “non-controlled” prescriptions may be verbally transferred)

If anyone with some experience in CO pharmacy and law could answer any of these....I'd really appreciate the help! Or if you could refer me to someone (I don't know if I'm in the right thread- 1st time visitor :)) Thanks so much in advance!

Members don't see this ad :)
Dont go to this school. More than 60% of my classmates are not happy with the program. Search what other students are saying...

Last edited:
I'm sorry but what kind of crap is this? This is one of the best pharmacy schools in the nation and I've heard nothing but great things. If you want to have some validity actually be specific instead of saying "search out what others say..."

I am a P1 there and it is a decent program so far.