2018 University of Cincinnati SOP Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@PharmGeek91 ohhh how was the interview?

@JLS2018 I bet lol. I lived in Indiana for a while tho. Is Cincinnati colder than Indiana?

Members don't see this ad.

@PharmGeek91 ohhh how was the interview?

@JLS2018 I bet lol. I lived in Indiana for a while tho. Is Cincinnati colder than Indiana?
It's the same as Indy. And campus is a stone's throw from the border of KY and IN. No difference at all really. Lol. Are you flying in for an interview?

Interviewed 1/10 received my acceptance email this afternoon!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I interviewed 1/11. Got the acceptance email yesterday as well! Good luck to everyone! Also has anyone made a facebook page or anything?

wow congrats everyone! I am worried for interview now :c Anyone care to share their experience? :laugh:

I wasn't sure what to expect, but it really wasn't bad at all. Everyone was so friendly and I felt like they really just wanted to get to know me. The info session before the interview and tour afterwards were really helpful. The interview itself was with two faculty members/PharmDs and it was pretty conversational. They asked me basic questions along the lines of why pharmacy/why UC and what I wanted to do within the field of pharmacy. No real surprises. After the first few questions I relaxed a bit and the three of us ended up basically just talking. Definitely prep with the UC interview feedback page and you'll be fine.

Big Congrats to all of you! I interviewed on 1/11 and got accepted yesterday! They're pretty quick about them. Very laid back. Make sure you ask the interviewers questions and TALK to them! Get to know them. They don't look at your GPA and PCAT scores as heavily anymore since you already got the interview. They're very friendly and won't bite. :) Best of luck to the rest of you!

Glad I found this!Congrats to everyone who got accepted...my interview is scheduled for February 1st...I'm excited to visit the school

Can I please know the GPA, PCAT score and experiences of the ones who are accepted? I just want to know what is my chance of being accepted.

I wasn't sure what to expect, but it really wasn't bad at all. Everyone was so friendly and I felt like they really just wanted to get to know me. The info session before the interview and tour afterwards were really helpful. The interview itself was with two faculty members/PharmDs and it was pretty conversational. They asked me basic questions along the lines of why pharmacy/why UC and what I wanted to do within the field of pharmacy. No real surprises. After the first few questions I relaxed a bit and the three of us ended up basically just talking. Definitely prep with the UC interview feedback page and you'll be fine.
Where can I find the feedback page? Thanks.

thanks for the information guys! it was very helpful =]

@mudanhua313, If you've gotten an interview, you're 75% there already. Just nail the interview (not hard to do--they're super friendly and the interview was more of a conversation) and you'll get in. However, in regards to your question (Again, comparison is the thief of joy. If you've gotten the interview, your credentials got you in the door. That's the last they look at them. In fact, all the interviewers have on file is your essays, and I left an unfinished sentence on mine!!! If you'd like I'll message you my GPA, PCAT, and experiences.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can't speak for everyone's group, but my interviewers didn't ask anything about my GPA. They did, however, close the interview with the question, "Do you have anything you want to tell me: bad semesters, life stuff, etc." and I told them about a bad semester I had. The admissions committee has your GPA and PCAT on file, and I think because I completed my Academic Update so early that was part of the decision to accept me so quickly. I was very surprised, because I thought I botched the interview (I'm very hard on myself :p ). But, yeah, they could ask you a question like that and then you can describe a bad semester or normal GPA, etc.

@mudanhua313, If you've gotten an interview, you're 75% there already. Just nail the interview (not hard to do--they're super friendly and the interview was more of a conversation) and you'll get in. However, in regards to your question (Again, comparison is the thief of joy. If you've gotten the interview, your credentials got you in the door. That's the last they look at them. In fact, all the interviewers have on file is your essays, and I left an unfinished sentence on mine!!! If you'd like I'll message you my GPA, PCAT, and experiences.
I can't speak for everyone's group, but my interviewers didn't ask anything about my GPA. They did, however, close the interview with the question, "Do you have anything you want to tell me: bad semesters, life stuff, etc." and I told them about a bad semester I had. The admissions committee has your GPA and PCAT on file, and I think because I completed my Academic Update so early that was part of the decision to accept me so quickly. I was very surprised, because I thought I botched the interview (I'm very hard on myself :p ). But, yeah, they could ask you a question like that and then you can describe a bad semester or normal GPA, etc.
The reason I ask for that was because I heard they had a new system of picking the ones they accept and also because i dont have a very impressive PCAT score. The ones that got accepted in a short period of time after the interview in the case like yours are considered excellent and the ones that do not hear from them until around march are good. And unfortunately the ones that are put on the wait list are just not competitive enough. I just don't know how much the interview actually determine the chance of students getting accepted since they only accept around 96 out of the 200 they interview. If you can message me the stats, that will be greatly appreciated.

@B_Houseee, what time was your interview? I was at 11 AM on the 11th. I wonder if I ran into you there?

@mudanhua313, Also, Corrine told me that they were only scoring how well you did on the interview, which leads me to believe that the interview had a large part of the admission being so quick and maybe that they already know what to expect as far as your GPA and PCAT go. I'm not really sure, though. Obviously the GPA and PCAT have a significant role in your acceptance, but maybe that was just for the interview itself and the rest was interview score? I'm just spitballing.

@Gingavitis Yeah I believe that is how they score the applicants. If they like your interview and gpa/pcat is competent, you probaby belong to excellent category. Well, if you are invited to interview that means they probably like your pcat/gpa so interview most likely plays a big role in getting into excellent or good group.

@B_Houseee, what time was your interview? I was at 11 AM on the 11th. I wonder if I ran into you there?

Mine was at 1pm on the 11th. We were definitely in the building at the same time. You were probably touring and relieved to be done interviewing while I was still freaking out during the info session haha. Will you be attending UC in the fall or have you not decided yet?

@B_Houseee thanks for that link, that will be helpful for my interview in a couple weeks...Now I'm wishing that I picked a sooner date so I could just get it over with:nailbiting:

@B_Houseee, Yeah, most definitely I saw you then. I'm about 99% sure I'm going to UC. I was impressed with how friendly everyone was and I'm from Florence, so it's home for me. Sure, the PY1 building isn't the best, but it's up-to-date, and I can't wait to get to know people. It's a lot smaller than UK and other schools that I've heard about and it'll be a great experience. Plus I want to work in the hospital and when there's 6-7 hospitals nearby, kinda hard to pass it up... and Skyline chili, of course. I'm really excited to be back. What about you?

@Gingavitis Those are exactly my thoughts on the school as well, and I love the city. Tons of opportunities with all of the hospitals surrounding the school, I'm hoping I can find a job as a pharm tech at one of them. I'm coming from out-of-state (Indiana) so I'm actually thinking about living in Newport/Covington and establishing residency in KY for the metro tuition rate, not too far from Florence. I'm really excited to meet everybody. Hopefully we can get a fb page together soon as more ppl get accepted.

@Gingavitis Those are exactly my thoughts on the school as well, and I love the city. Tons of opportunities with all of the hospitals surrounding the school, I'm hoping I can find a job as a pharm tech at one of them. I'm coming from out-of-state (Indiana) so I'm actually thinking about living in Newport/Covington and establishing residency in KY for the metro tuition rate, not too far from Florence. I'm really excited to meet everybody. Hopefully we can get a fb page together soon as more ppl get accepted.
Oh man. I wish I can join the group. I am having an interview tomorrow at 2:15.:nailbiting:

Does anybody know of a good hotel near the university where I could stay. I live about 4 hours away so I will be staying the Friday before my interview but I am not very familiar with the area. Thanks!

That would be awesome! Newport is a great city--tons of stuff to do. The Levee, Haufbrahuas (I can't spell that to save my life, but it's a bar and good German food and fun), Right across the river from Cincinnati... it's awesome. And I agree! Hopefully we find out more and more this month!

Does anybody know of a good hotel near the university where I could stay. I live about 4 hours away so I will be staying the Friday before my interview but I am not very familiar with the area. Thanks!

There's one by the airport called Double Tree but it's like 15 mins away on the highway... Trying to think of more: Radison but that's expensive haha and I feel like there are a couple around Eden Avenue but I'm not really sure, I can't remember off the top of my head :( I'm sorry!

you'd be considered a pharmacy intern then not a pharmacy tech

That would be awesome! Newport is a great city--tons of stuff to do. The Levee, Haufbrahuas (I can't spell that to save my life, but it's a bar and good German food and fun), Right across the river from Cincinnati... it's awesome. And I agree! Hopefully we find out more and more this month!

Absolutely! I'm really excited to check out Newport. I've been to a lot of the popular bars in Clifton, a few downtown, and a couple in OTR and Covington, but never made it to Newport. Fingers crossed that I can find some decent housing within walking distance of the levee.

There's one by the airport called Double Tree but it's like 15 mins away on the highway... Trying to think of more: Radison but that's expensive haha and I feel like there are a couple around Eden Avenue but I'm not really sure, I can't remember off the top of my head :( I'm sorry!
I'll look into those ones and then around Eden Avenue, thanks a lot!

Absolutely! I'm really excited to check out Newport. I've been to a lot of the popular bars in Clifton, a few downtown, and a couple in OTR and Covington, but never made it to Newport. Fingers crossed that I can find some decent housing within walking distance of the levee.
Theres plenty of housing in Newport. OTR is ghetto

Theres plenty of housing in Newport. OTR is ghetto
Blasphemy. There are certain rough areas of Over The Rhine, I'll give you that, but it is one of the nicest neighborhoods in Cincinnati, many students live there.

Does anyone have any update from their interview yet?
No, I've been anxiously awaiting a decision, mine was on the 18th. I think the snow + the fact that they haven't received my AU yet, will delay this process a little.

I had mine on the 17th. I dont know the decision either. I am anxiously waiting and checking my email constantly.:nailbiting:

Does anyone have the same issue? On my pharmCas it states that they have already received my AU transcript on the 6th of Jan but the GPA is still not updated. My first GPA was updated 9 days after they received the transcript. Any suggestions?

Sorry guys. I figured it out why now. It was because I did not click the e submit AU button. :sorry:

i did the same thing..thought i already did
Yup. That button was all the way on the bottom. I was just waiting and waiting until I saw the academic update link on the left side of the page. It was highlighted in the link that we must e submit in order for pharmCas to process.

anybody have an update on there acceptance? and does anybody have an interview this saturday?

I still haven't heard anything, I had my interview on the 17th. I worry if I still have a chance.

Last edited:
My interview was this Saturday at Cincinnati. I got accepted to ohio state though which was my first choice

My interview was this Saturday at Cincinnati. I got accepted to ohio state though which was my first choice
Congrats! That's so exciting for you. UC is my first choice - I have my interview on Friday.

I do. But I decided not to go. Good luck.
Cool. Go buckeyes. This means that at least wait lister #1 will get in. Still waiting...:/ all my friends have already been accepted.

Cool. Go buckeyes. This means that at least wait lister #1 will get in. Still waiting...:/ all my friends have already been accepted.
So anybody who has not been accepted by now are going to be on the wait list?