University of Arizona c/o 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I was just invited to interview!!! I am scheduled for January 13th (2:30-5:30)...can't wait :D Congrats to everyone else and good luck with your interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

via e-mail, but I literally sat on my application and hit refresh every 30 minutes until my status changed!

You have great stats! You will have no problem getting in!!;)

Aww, thanks. I'd still rather have your stats! lol Good luck at the interview. I'm sure you'll rock it!

I selected to interview on Jan. 20th!!! I wanted to interview on the 13th, but I'll be in OKC for an interview at OU. At least I'll have an interview under my belt. Time to bear down and prepare!

Members don't see this ad :)
To those who have been invited to interview: are you an Arizona resident? Also, congrats! I'm dying in anticipation, it feels like I'm going to have a heart attack! I expect I'll find out tomorrow one way or the other.

To those who have been invited to interview: are you an Arizona resident? Also, congrats! I'm dying in anticipation, it feels like I'm going to have a heart attack! I expect I'll find out tomorrow one way or the other.

I am

Yes, I am an Arizona resident. Submitted just two days before the deadline and references were in sometime around December 10th or 11th. Hopefully that's why you haven't heard back yet...good luck!

I'm an Arizona resident........ish. I've been a resident for about 6 years, but originally hail from Philadelphia.

I can certainly relate to cardiac arrest induced anxiousness. I was clicking "refresh" on the application status page 100 times per day every day ever since application submittal. I was shocked to have an interview invite on New Year's Eve, especially since last year's application thread seemed to indicate initial invites going out on January 2nd.

I'm actually in somewhat of a quandary in that I've earned an interview with the University of Arizona, my absolute first choice, and so I'm not at all interested in submitting applications to my lower choices, especially given the costs associated with application fees. My wife feels I should "cover all bases", but my heart just isn't in it as I only want to attend the University of Arizona. I feel I'm pretty competitive, but I also worry about being too confident in my credentials. Plus, I don't really have much time to waste as I'll already be 35 in just over a week and would graduate at 39. Not exactly comforting when making a major career change. Still, I just don't have any interest in attending any other program.

After 10 years of professional experience, numerous professional interviews, an inherent desire to attend pharmacy school at the University of Arizona, excellent credentials, and ongoing preparation for the upcoming interview, I just hope I've done enough to earn acceptance. There isn't much more I can do.

I'm an Arizona resident........ish. I've been a resident for about 6 years, but originally hail from Philadelphia.

I can certainly relate to cardiac arrest induced anxiousness. I was clicking "refresh" on the application status page 100 times per day every day ever since application submittal. I was shocked to have an interview invite on New Year's Eve, especially since last year's application thread seemed to indicate initial invites going out on January 2nd.

I'm actually in somewhat of a quandary in that I've earned an interview with the University of Arizona, my absolute first choice, and so I'm not at all interested in submitting applications to my lower choices, especially given the costs associated with application fees. My wife feels I should "cover all bases", but my heart just isn't in it as I only want to attend the University of Arizona. I feel I'm pretty competitive, but I also worry about being too confident in my credentials. Plus, I don't really have much time to waste as I'll already be 35 in just over a week and would graduate at 39. Not exactly comforting when making a major career change. Still, I just don't have any interest in attending any other program.

After 10 years of professional experience, numerous professional interviews, an inherent desire to attend pharmacy school at the University of Arizona, excellent credentials, and ongoing preparation for the upcoming interview, I just hope I've done enough to earn acceptance. There isn't much more I can do.

I am in the same boat (somewhat). My application is still "under consideration", so I have not yet earned an interview. Yet, UA is my one and only! My top choice! I am in the same boat though in that I am in my 30s and making a career change. I have a few weak spots I think... for instance, I ran out of time on chem portion of the PCAT doing long division and had to guess on the last 10! I got a 58 there!!

Here's my stats, what do you think??

Cum GPA: 3.79
Sci GPA: 3.78
PCAT comp: 85
PCAT chem: 58
pharm experience: 125 hours, ongoing weekly volunteer @ compounding pharmacy & hospital pharmacy
comm service: 250+
No BS, but have 2 AS: one in physics (2005), one in pre-pharm (2011)
Current Physiology major at UA.

:xf:

I am in the same boat (somewhat). My application is still "under consideration", so I have not yet earned an interview. Yet, UA is my one and only! My top choice! I am in the same boat though in that I am in my 30s and making a career change. I have a few weak spots I think... for instance, I ran out of time on chem portion of the PCAT doing long division and had to guess on the last 10! I got a 58 there!!

pharm experience: 125 hours, ongoing weekly volunteer @ compounding pharmacy & hospital pharmacy

They would have to be crazy to not interview you! :) Solid PCAT, GPA, and great CS.

Was there a portion on the UOA application that asked if you were an AZ resident? I only remember putting down my permanent address.

I am the same exact way, U of A or bust!

I may not be 35 yet, but at 28, I already feel like I am late to the whole college schtick. So, I hope you get in (along with me!), I think we would get along quite well!

They would have to be crazy to not interview you! :) Solid PCAT, GPA, and great CS.

Was there a portion on the UOA application that asked if you were an AZ resident? I only remember putting down my permanent address.

Yes, I recall a section asking if you were considered an AZ resident - I believe in the demographic portion of the app.

I may not be 35 yet, but at 28, I already feel like I am late to the whole college schtick. So, I hope you get in (along with me!), I think we would get along quite well!

I agree with you both! UA or BUST!!

Oh, and thanks for your kind words!! Let's keep refreshing and hope we see an invite!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)

You have amazing stats and should be a shoo-in for an interview! The only item of concern would be the low-ish chem sub score, the university tends to judge that pretty harshly. That being said, I don't believe you have anything to worry about!

You have amazing stats and should be a shoo-in for an interview! The only item of concern would be the low-ish chem sub score, the university tends to judge that pretty harshly. That being said, I don't believe you have anything to worry about!

Thanks! I appreciate your feedback. I wonder though if that would cause them to look into my Gen Chem & Organic Chem grades. If so, perhaps that would be somewhat a good thing. Gen Chem 1, Organic 1 & 2 = A --- and Gen Chem 2 = C (bad semester)

Thanks again for the feedback!!

I am a P1 at UofA COP...congrats to those who have received interview invites so far! Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 user

Part of my problem is I've got so much emotion invested in acceptance at UofA that I feel any additional applications will be half-hearted. But I have to think that earning an interview so early on should hopefully bode well for our chances and a quality interview should only hopefully solidify our candidacy. While I already have an undergraduate degree from an Ivy League institution, I don't recall that application process being quite so stressful. I guess with added maturity (at least in age) comes cynical realism.

It still isn't any less nerve wracking given how impressive everyone's statistics are. It is a shame they have such a limited number of acceptance spots as our passion combined with decent performance in our prerequisites up to this point should certainly make for quality pharmacists in the public eye. I just don't like to look at it as competing with all of you but hoping that we all earn spots together. It would be cool to have already developed a rapport through the forum in anticipation of working/studying together for the upcoming years.

You had said your interview is on the 20th as well, correct? Perhaps we should make it a point to cross paths that afternoon. I plan to arrive fairly early as I'll be traveling down from the Phoenix area and I'm certainly looking forward to meeting some potential class peers.

As others have said, good luck to all. Now instead of refreshing my application page I spend most of my free time reading up on potential interview questions, essay tips, dress code suggestions, and even interview posture recommendations. I foresee my interview going by like my wedding - so quickly I won't even know what happened. :eek: At least I've interviewed professionally a number of times so it won't be my first time being evaluated in an interview setting. Old age has its privileges. ;)

It really is tough to say what exactly the College of Pharmacy is looking for in a student. If you look at the statistics for last year's accepted class:

Applications Received 254
Applicants Interviewed 159
Applicants - Arizona 201 (79%)
Applicants - Out of State 53 (21%)
Applicants from UA 107 (42%)
Men 92 (36%)
Women 162 (64%)

Class of 2015
Applicants Enrolled 100
Arizona Residents 89 (89%)
Non-Residents 11 (11%)
Men 34 (34%)
Women 66 (66%)
Average Age of the Class 23 (range 19-51)
Underrepresented Ethnicity 48 (48%)
2 years or less in college 12
Students with a bachelor's degree 54 (54%)
Average Science GPA 3.57 (range 3.06-4.0)
Average Cumulative GPA 3.63 (range 3.05-4.0)
Average PCAT Composite Score 68.8 (range 22-99)
Average PCAT Chemistry Score 73.0 (range 43-99)

Where majority of prepharmacy work completed:

• UA = 68
  • Pima Community College = 5
  • Maricopa Community College = 6
  • Arizona State University = 11
  • Other Universities & Colleges = 7
  • Other Community Colleges = 3

Your GPA is obviously above the 2015 class average, but while your chemistry sub-score is a little low, you still scored higher than their minimum requirement (I think you have to score at least above 50). And, given your experience, GPA, community service, and undergraduate affiliation with UA, I would say you're certainly competitive enough to earn an interview.

You have to believe you've done all you can up to this point and understand that it is now in their hands. I know that I've done all I can, I've earned the best grades I am capable of, and I've amassed the experience necessary to learn about the pharmacy profession, and I just hope that I can convey all of this in my interview in such a way as to convince them it would be crazy not to give me a chance. I hope that you also receive the same opportunity to demonstrate to UA just how important this next step is to your ultimate career.

Thanks!! I've been studying their stats closely. I even had a meeting with the pre-pharm advisors about the chem PCAT score. I was going to retake the PCAT, but they advised me not to...

Hello everyone! I am a P2 at the U.

Congratulations to those who have received interview invites. Interview day will be exciting! :) Make sure you wear comfortable shoes because there is a tour and you may be going up and down some stairs (beware of super high heels, ladies!).

If you have any questions about the program, please ask them here. I can tell you anything you want to know about the curriculum, dual degree opportunities, research, student life, interdisciplinary collaboration, and faculty. I cannot reveal any specifics about interview day other than remember to be yourself! I definitely understand your nervousness but I am certain you will do great. Everything is pretty laid back around here. Best of luck!

While I understand that you cannot in good conscience or within the realm of appropriate ethics reveal specific details about the interview process (essay questions, interview questions, topics of discussion, etc), are you at any liberty to disclose ideal areas of focus for applicants to apply attention in preparation for the interview?

Most advice seems to revolve around being oneself, but I have to believe that more preparation is necessary than merely brushing up on personal history and accolades. Still, as the realm of pharmacy encompasses a great deal of subject matter, and as different schools ascertain applicant desirability through a variety of question types, I'm left wondering the typical manner in which UA "tests" its applicants for admission. Knowledge of the university, knowledge of the pharmacy profession, specific knowledge about current events and recent headlines, personal drive, passion for the profession, etc?

Despite having 17 days before my interview and seemingly sufficient time to prepare, I am still concerned about whether it really is sufficient time. It goes without saying that I have a great deal riding on my success in this interview and want to prepare correctly. It isn't a matter of just putting forth effort, but focusing that effort in the correct directions.

At 35 I have a fair handle on who I am, what I have accomplished, what I have learned, what I hope to achieve, and where I see myself in the future, and I am rather comfortable in settings requiring me to discuss such things, but that level of confidence should not suggest arrogance, especially given my concern over making even the slightest misstep that could cost me admission.

I just want to be sure to prepare appropriately and utilize every possible resource. I'm curious as to how successful applicants before me have prepared, what kinds of things you reviewed, studied, or focused on, and what you felt helped you to stand out as an ideal candidate for admission.

Actually I live in Chandler just outside of Phoenix and attend Chandler-Gilbert. If accepted I'll have to travel to Tucson at the beginning of each week, stay in Tucson, and then hopefully have time to head home on the weekends.

Have you looked into moving down here for school when you get in?

Have you looked into moving down here for school when you get in?

"When" I get in? For now I'm just going with "if" I get in, but "when" is certainly a much nicer thought.

I plan to live in Tucson during the week and hope to get home on weekends to see my wife and dogs (two yellow labs I'm rarely apart from). I have no idea what my living plans will be, but I'm hoping either through this forum or perhaps during my interview visit I'll meet people also in need of finding roommates to share living quarters with and hopefully to limit housing costs. It would also be nice if my dogs could come along as no matter how bad my day might be, the stress quickly dissipates the moment I see their wagging tails.

I highly doubt I'd be able to commute from Chandler to Tucson daily, but I also doubt I'll be able to find a place I'll only have to pay limited rent to despite only needing a place to stay four or five nights a week. But perhaps I can find a few fellow pharmacy students also looking for roommates to organize something with.

I also hope to continue to play on my wife's co-ed softball team every Friday night as I'm the team's shortstop and unofficial field general. I'd really miss it if I have to give it up. But for now I need to actually get in before making tangible living arrangements. I don't want to jinx myself by assuming acceptance when I still have to impress with my interview. Making housing arrangements this soon kind of reeks of overconfidence.

My application still says "under consideration" also. A good friend of mine got an interview invite and chose the 20th. My GPA, PCAT score, and extra cirriculuar activities far outweigh his.

I have a thought regarding the process. UofA interviews about 150 candidates. They probably have 25 spots available for each day on the 13th, 20th, and 23rd. This would be 75 interviews. Then they probably have another 3 day round of 75 inteviews in February and decisions are made by the end of March.

Does this sound like something that could be going on?

Some of us might have to stress over getting an interview for another few weeks.

"When" I get in? For now I'm just going with "if" I get in, but "when" is certainly a much nicer thought.

I plan to live in Tucson during the week and hope to get home on weekends to see my wife and dogs (two yellow labs I'm rarely apart from). I have no idea what my living plans will be, but I'm hoping either through this forum or perhaps during my interview visit I'll meet people also in need of finding roommates to share living quarters with and hopefully to limit housing costs. It would also be nice if my dogs could come along as no matter how bad my day might be, the stress quickly dissipates the moment I see their wagging tails.

I highly doubt I'd be able to commute from Chandler to Tucson daily, but I also doubt I'll be able to find a place I'll only have to pay limited rent to despite only needing a place to stay four or five nights a week. But perhaps I can find a few fellow pharmacy students also looking for roommates to organize something with.

I also hope to continue to play on my wife's co-ed softball team every Friday night as I'm the team's shortstop and unofficial field general. I'd really miss it if I have to give it up. But for now I need to actually get in before making tangible living arrangements. I don't want to jinx myself by assuming acceptance when I still have to impress with my interview. Making housing arrangements this soon kind of reeks of overconfidence.

If there is one thing that the military taught me, it is to, no matter what, always have an unwavering confidence. Also, to have that same confidence in those around you and I have all the confidence in you getting in.

I have a friend who did the whole drive from Phx on Sundays and return Friday nights, she said it was not really all that bad. However, she also was not in pharmacy school, heh.

Any good websites, besides the SDN interview section, for practice pharmacy interview questions?

My application still says "under consideration" also. A good friend of mine got an interview invite and chose the 20th. My GPA, PCAT score, and extra cirriculuar activities far outweigh his.

I have a thought regarding the process. UofA interviews about 150 candidates. They probably have 25 spots available for each day on the 13th, 20th, and 23rd. This would be 75 interviews. Then they probably have another 3 day round of 75 inteviews in February and decisions are made by the end of March.

Some of us might have to stress over getting an interview for another few weeks.

Decisions last year were made the end of February, if I remember correctly.

There were about 75 spots available when I selected my date, so you could be on to something that the other half of the invites have not gone out yet (seems quite likely).

I've noticed a lot of people make the Sunday - Thurs/Fri commute. This is something I considered but I can see the stress it would put on my relationship. I honestly feel it would get old fast. With that said, my wife an I are considering selling our house and relocating to Tucson. I'm concerned about this because Tucson is basically a giant ghetto. I don't know. Its very difficult trying to decide my future with just speculating on acceptance to a school.

I've noticed a lot of people make the Sunday - Thurs/Fri commute. This is something I considered but I can see the stress it would put on my relationship. I honestly feel it would get old fast. With that said, my wife an I are considering selling our house and relocating to Tucson. I'm concerned about this because Tucson is basically a giant ghetto. I don't know. Its very difficult trying to decide my future with just speculating on acceptance to a school.

Not going to get into a Phx Vs Tucson debate, but look into Oro Valley or the Catalinas..... Far, far from the ghetto.

Not going to get into a Phx Vs Tucson debate, but look into Oro Valley or the Catalinas..... Far, far from the ghetto.

I agree...the area north of River tends to be be nicer. And certain areas like Sam Hughes are very close to campus and not bad at all. I certainly wouldn't call Tucson one giant ghetto, it just takes an open mind and some getting used to :) Plus, the weather is a little better and the hiking is great!

If there is one thing that the military taught me, it is to, no matter what, always have an unwavering confidence. Also, to have that same confidence in those around you and I have all the confidence in you getting in.

I have a friend who did the whole drive from Phx on Sundays and return Friday nights, she said it was not really all that bad. However, she also was not in pharmacy school, heh.

I certainly try to maintain unwavering confidence, and sometimes it can come across as pretentiousness or arrogance, but I am also fairly humble in my accomplishments. I appreciate your confidence in my chances and I share that confidence in your credentials, experience, and academic successes, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't anxious or stressed. But, given how much preparation I've already put in and how much more I plan to do, I should hopefully go into the interview sufficiently prepared to calmly answer anything they throw at me.

Any good websites, besides the SDN interview section, for practice pharmacy interview questions?
Yesterday I stumbled upon a link to pharmacy school interview guidelines on the University of Arizona career services page and it seemed to offer pretty sound advice, along with a comprehensive list of potential questions covering an entire page. Check it out here: http://www.career.arizona.edu/students/pharmacyinterview

I'm using this as a decent guideline while I research current events in pharmacy, new accomplishments and breakthroughs, accolades the University of Arizona has recently enjoyed, concerns I have about the field, questions of my own to ask the interviewer, and details about why UofA has earned its national rank for quality of program (95% graduation rate, 95% licensure test passing rate, etc).

You guys are funny. I earned my undergraduate degree in West Philadelphia. You have no idea what a real ghetto is like. ;)

The suspense is killing me.

At least we both have MWU if things go south with UOA. :)

The suspense is killing me.

At least we both have MWU if things go south with UOA. :)

Very true.

The suspense isn't bothering me because I know I'm in somplace no matter what. I'd just like to be able to make some life decisions that aren't last minute. :)

Tucson is wonderful. I grew up in phoenix. I am one of those that makes the commute to phoenix every weekend for work. Ittook some getting used to but it works out great now.

I was apprehensive about living in tucson but I have found it to be a great place to live- many things to do in the form of street fairs, events hosted by the university, community activities, and lots of outdoorsy things. The people are friendly and much more laid back and liberal than in phoenix. Having lived here, I couldn't ever live in phoenix again by choice.

As for preparation, make sure you have good answers to all the typical interview questions. See the interview feedback forum. the most important thing? show your genuine interest in the profession. Be specific. Point to your experiences. Be confident without being arrogant. Have good questions about the college. Try not to ramble. When you get there, they give you a folder with some info in it, including who will be interviewing you. READ IT.

I'd be happy to answer other questions. School starts next week for us so I won't be around much after that. Best of luck.

Tucson is wonderful. I grew up in phoenix. I am one of those that makes the commute to phoenix every weekend for work. Ittook some getting used to but it works out great now.

I was apprehensive about living in tucson but I have found it to be a great place to live- many things to do in the form of street fairs, events hosted by the university, community activities, and lots of outdoorsy things. The people are friendly and much more laid back and liberal than in phoenix. Having lived here, I couldn't ever live in phoenix again by choice.

As for preparation, make sure you have good answers to all the typical interview questions. See the interview feedback forum. the most important thing? show your genuine interest in the profession. Be specific. Point to your experiences. Be confident without being arrogant. Have good questions about the college. Try not to ramble. When you get there, they give you a folder with some info in it, including who will be interviewing you. READ IT.

I'd be happy to answer other questions. School starts next week for us so I won't be around much after that. Best of luck.

I agree! I've moved around all over the States my entire life, and I would not choose another location over Tucson. It is unique, artsy, outdoorsy and LAID-BACK!! There is such a WIDE diversity of people here with some of the most open minds I've encountered in any place I've lived. This place is RICH with culture!! Every place you move to has its bad areas; find an area here that agrees with you, and with an open mind, you just may find yourself falling in love with all that Tucson has to offer! :)

Glad to hear that it is a manageable commute. I've driven to Tucson a fair number of times and outside of the occasional accident on I-10 it really doesn't seem to be a difficult trip.

I really appreciate the tips. Fortunately this has been what I have already been focusing on, so with a little more refinement I think I'll be prepared (but certainly not rehearsed) to answer almost anything they throw at me. I like to think that there isn't necessarily a specific "right" answer, but a "good" one should be honest, sincere, educated, and informed. And I think my passion and excitement will be difficult to hide, making my interest in UA fairly obvious.

Do you remember many specific questions about the field of pharmacy, such as specific medications, regulations, court rulings, or treatments? Or did interviews seem to focus more on your own goals, reasons for pursuing pharmacy, and why you should be considered for admission?

http://www.studentdoctor.net/schools/school/uaz-pharm/survey/29

This site should help you a bit. It's student responses to their interview.

Thanks for the link! I've actually already reviewed that very forum, including each individual student's series of responses, multiple times to ensure I didn't miss anything. It seems that most questions delve into personal interest, reasons for pursuing the profession, and one's informed understanding of the key components necessary to succeed as a pharmacist.

I probably just have to rest assured that the time I am taking to prepare should be more than sufficient, but as with any task standing between me and an important goal, anxiety is an inevitability regardless of the amount of preparation, practice, and review.

My o-chem professor would consistently reassure me that my performance in his course would always "be fine" and that "it will all work out," yet I still never believed him and always prepared well beyond what we necessary. And despite always scoring as one of the top two students in the class, I continued to doubt him time and time again (it became a personal joke between the two of us after two semesters together - he loved how it drove me mad how he was always right). Odds are he'd provide the same reassurance again if I were to mention my anxiousness. I just hope to prove him right once more.

I just now got an interview invite. 1:32pm. I chose the 27th. <<as everyone makes a mad dash to the portal>> :cool:

I just now got an interview invite. 1:32pm. I chose the 27th. <<as everyone makes a mad dash to the portal>> :cool:

Congrats! It seems there's another set of dates for those invited this next round as I believe the first dates we could select from included the 13th, 20th, and 23rd. It looks like intents may be to complete the interview process before the end of January so we can hopefully have an acceptance/denial/waitlist response by the beginning of February.

Best of luck in your preparation! I'd strongly recommend visiting the link above as there are a few unexpected questions that might have an opportunity to cause me to stumble a bit if I didn't prepare properly. While the questions listed obviously do not encompass all possibilities, some may be similar enough that general prep for a topic of discussion could be considerably helpful.

Apparently U of A is moving to PharmCAS soon. Another reason I need to be accepted this year!

Apparently U of A is moving to PharmCAS soon. Another reason I need to be accepted this year!

Yes, UofA is moving to PharmCAS soon...which will most definitely bump the number of candidates up from 260ish to the thousands. Right now, if you've been invited for an interview, you have a descent chance of getting in this cycle (they interview about 150, accept 100). Good luck! Just be confident in yourself and your interview answers, and things should go smoothly.

Congrats! May I ask what your stats are? I just went to my portal. :( Nothing...

Has anyone else gotten interview invites today? What are the scheduled dates? I just got an invite for MWU and I'd like to only travel once! I'm hoping I get an invite soon!

Has anyone else gotten interview invites today? What are the scheduled dates? I just got an invite for MWU and I'd like to only travel once! I'm hoping I get an invite soon!

Congrats on MWU. :) I'm definitely hoping for a interview invite from UOA soon as well. Just so you know, MWU and UOA are about 2.5 hours apart if you're driving. :)

Congrats on MWU. :) I'm definitely hoping for a interview invite from UOA soon as well. Just so you know, MWU and UOA are about 2.5 hours apart if you're driving. :)

Thanks! I live in Oregon but my grandparents are snowbirds so they'll be chauffeuring me around :) I just would like to make one trip down, if possible.

So, it looks like automatic rejection for bad hand writing (I assume it has to be mostly illegible) on the essay. I will admit to having handwriting that looks like I dipped a scorpion in ink, dropped it on the paper, and proceeded to practice electroshock therapy on it.

Any tips on quickly improving my penmanship? I have been practicing quite a bit lately, but it is like flapping your arms and trying to fly.

Last edited:
has anyone else gotten interview invites today? What are the scheduled dates? I just got an invite for mwu and i'd like to only travel once! I'm hoping i get an invite soon!

1/13, 1/20, 1/23
1/27, 1/30, 2/3

So, it looks like automatic rejection for bad hand writing (I assume it has to be mostly illegible) on the essay. I will admit to having handwriting that looks like I dipped a scorpion in ink, dropped it on the paper, and proceeded to practice electroshock therapy on it.

Any tips on quickly improving my penmanship? I have been practicing quite a bit lately, but it is like flapping your arms and trying to fly.

Where did you hear about the auto rejection for crappy handwriting? My only advice.... PRINT.