University of Alabama (UAB) Class of 2028 Interview/Acceptance Thread

artist2022

DDS 🦷🎓✔
Administrator
Volunteer Staff
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Link to last year's thread: University of Alabama (UAB) Class of 2027 Interview/Acceptance Thread

Link to interview prep: University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Dentistry Interview Feedback
----> Be sure to give feedback on your interview to help future applicants! :)

Link to school website: School of Dentistry | UAB

Class of 2024 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.78
Science GPA: 3.72
DAT: 21.6AA, 21.1TS, 20.3PAT
Applied: 961
OOS: 819 Applied, 94 Interviewed, 50 Accepted
IS: 124 Applied, 59 Interviewed, 41 Accepted
International: 18 Applied, 2 Interviewed, 2 Accepted
# Enrolled: 61
Class of 2026 (ADEA Guide) General Stats:
Overall GPA: 3.76
Science GPA: 3.71
DAT: 21.3AA, 20.8TS, 20.4PAT
Applied: 1153
OOS: 1008 Applied, 75 Accepted
IS: 114 Applied, 62 Accepted
International: 31 Applied, 2 Accepted
# Enrolled: 83
5th-95th Percentiles
Science: 3.35-4.00
Overall: 3.40-4.00

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
has anyone received a supplemental app from UAB yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Is this the first year the Kira assessment is being implemented for this school? I never saw it being mentioned on the website or previous years discussions so just wondering. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Interview #1
Notification date:
8/7
Method of notification: Email
Residency: IS
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.87 Overall: 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA, 19TS, 25PAT, No
Method of interview: In-person 9/8

Interview #1
Notification date:
8/7
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.87 Overall: 4.0
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21 AA, 19TS, 25PAT, No
Method of interview: In-person 9/8
When did you complete your application and Kira?

Reactions: 1 user
Interview #2
Notification date:
8/23
Residency: OOS
Application/Kira submitted: 7/21, 8/12
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.90 Overall: 3.95
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 24/22/20/30/no
Method of interview: In-person 9/11

I submitted my Kira more than two weeks ago. Should I be worried?? How long is it taking y'all to receive responses after you submit your Kira's?

I submitted my Kira more than two weeks ago. Should I be worried?? How long is it taking y'all to receive responses after you submit your Kira's?
I completed my Kira 7/12 and haven’t heard back yet

Reactions: 1 users
Interview #2
Notification date:
9/05
Residency: OOS
Application/Final Materials In/Kira submitted: 06/21,08/03,08/03
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.64 Overall: 3.66
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 23/25/20/21/No
Method of interview: In-person 10/02

Interview #1
Notification date:
9/29
Application/Final Materials In/Kira submitted: 09/07, 09/12, 09/16
GPA (science, overall): sGPA: 3.90 Overall: 3.83
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/18/20/18/No
Method of interview: In-person 10/13

Last edited:
very conversational, no tricky questions. make sure you know your application
how long was the interview? and do you remember any questions they asked you or were all the questions they asked very specific to your app?

how long was the interview? and do you remember any questions they asked you or were all the questions they asked very specific to your app?
one question specific to my app but rest of them are very typical interview questions. I don't want to be too specific about what questions were asked. Mine was about 20min. I'm sorry I can't help you a lot, but good luck! they were very welcoming and glad that I chose UAB.

one question specific to my app but rest of them are very typical interview questions. I don't want to be too specific about what questions were asked. Mine was about 20min. I'm sorry I can't help you a lot, but good luck! they were very welcoming and glad that I chose UAB.
im just really worried about my application because its been silent ever since i submitted my app and kira. I havent heard anything and i really wanna get an interview from them but havent heard anything. so im just waiting.

what did you do to prep for uab's interview? did you go on reddit or watch youtube?

im just really worried about my application because its been silent ever since i submitted my app and kira. I havent heard anything and i really wanna get an interview from them but havent heard anything. so im just waiting.

what did you do to prep for uab's interview? did you go on reddit or watch youtube?
when did you submit your kira? are you instate? I did research on their website about their mission statement, and looked at the UAB SDN page to formulate my answers. University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Dentistry <- here you can see frequently asked interview questions specific to UAB.

when did you submit your kira? are you instate? I did research on their website about their mission statement, and looked at the UAB SDN page to formulate my answers. University of Alabama at Birmingham School of Dentistry <- here you can see frequently asked interview questions specific to UAB.
yes im in state and i submitted my kira on aug 24. But honestly i dont think i did the greatest on my kira. It stumbled me, some kinda weird questions i was not expecting at all. But i dont want my kira alone to determine if i dont an interview with them. I was just nervous during it and i really want to interview with them.

Thanks for sharing that link

yes im in state and i submitted my kira on aug 24. But honestly i dont think i did the greatest on my kira. It stumbled me, some kinda weird questions i was not expecting at all. But i dont want my kira alone to determine if i dont an interview with them. I was just nervous during it and i really want to interview with them.

Thanks for sharing that link
I totally understand. I did not do my best on kira either. I don't think your kira would determine your acceptance, I really hope you can get an interview invite soon! Everyone has different timeline, I wouldn't worry too much now.

I totally understand. I did not do my best on kira either. I don't think your kira would determine your acceptance, I really hope you can get an interview invite soon! Everyone has different timeline, I wouldn't worry too much now.
thank you, i appreciate that:) Im thinking of submitting a letter of interest to hopefully get the ball rolling for an invite. do you think that is a good move or would sending a letter be seen as too much?

thank you, i appreciate that:) Im thinking of submitting a letter of interest to hopefully get the ball rolling for an invite. do you think that is a good move or would sending a letter be seen as too much?
I am not an expert, but the letter is too early for now IMO. People say do not worry too much before thanksgiving. I would consider sending the letter in December if you haven't heard anything by then.

I am not an expert, but the letter is too early for now IMO. People say do not worry too much before thanksgiving. I would consider sending the letter in December if you haven't heard anything by then.
ok sounds good. A couple of people I know suggested i go ahead and submit it now but maybe it would be best to wait a little closer to thanksgiving or such. UAB did say that they are not interviewing past dec so there is that

ok sounds good. A couple of people I know suggested i go ahead and submit it now but maybe it would be best to wait a little closer to thanksgiving or such. UAB did say that they are not interviewing past dec so there is that
oh i didn't know they are interviewing past dec.. but yeah send your letter around thanksgiving.

Yea the lady in admissions told me that if by decision day, you have had not an interview then you're not accepted into the program. Thats why im worried about getting an interview. but ill wait a little longer to submit the letter

I am OOS and was submitted by Kira on August 17. I am still waiting to hear from them for an interview.
Stats: cGPA 3.72, sGPA 3.74, 19AA, 19TS, 20PAT

Do I have a chance to get an interview? should I send a letter of interest?

is uab still giving out interview invites in Nov? when is the last day they hand out invites?

If I still have not gotten an interview, but submitted the Kira in July, what should I do?

is uab still giving out interview invites in Nov? when is the last day they hand out invites?
I'm not sure when the last interview invites go out, but they don't have interviews after Dec 15th according to Wendy Scripps in an info session :confused:

do you know if they have added a couple of interviews that first week and a half of dec, before offer day? Wendy scripps also said in a info session that it is possible (not guaranteed) to have interviews just before offer day
I'm not sure when the last interview invites go out, but they don't have interviews after Dec 15th according to Wendy Scripps in an info session :confused:

do you know if they have added a couple of interviews that first week and a half of dec, before offer day? Wendy scripps also said in a info session that it is possible (not guaranteed) to have interviews just before offer day
they were still sending out invites Nov 10, very possible that's the case!

they were still sending out invites Nov 10, very possible that's the case!
thats some good news. If you dont mind me asking, how do you know they were still handing out invites? did you get one?

Just got a notification that I am no longer being considered. Anybody else?