universal healthcare

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

traveljunky

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
how would Universal Health Care affect optometry? Ive asked around and recived mixed answer. what do you think?

Members don't see this ad.

do a search for topics created by me and you'll see that I asked the same thing and got some decent answers. However, with Hillary out of the picture I don't really see either candidate pushing universal healthcare to the extent that Hillary was.

If you watch the movie Sicko then you'll understand that Universal Healthcare is not a good idea. Especially in America when we have such a high population of illegal immigrants.You think Universal Healthcare means free health care for everyone but that isn't the case...money from it has to come from somewhere...most probably from all of our paychecks (as if we're not paying enough taxes already). That's just how I feel.

If you watch the movie Sicko then you'll understand that Universal Healthcare is not a good idea. Especially in America when we have such a high population of illegal immigrants.You think Universal Healthcare means free health care for everyone but that isn't the case...money from it has to come from somewhere...most probably from all of our paychecks (as if we're not paying enough taxes already). That's just how I feel.

The argument for universal health care has never been that it is "Free health care."

Yes it would come from increased taxes, but it would ensure all of our citizens have access to medical care. ~20% of your tax dollars already go towards health care; which you probably don't see the benefits of unless you're old or on medicaid. What is it to increase that by another 20%, or to divert some of the funds that are currently going towards military or other expenditures?

Anyways, since everyone is insured, the idea is that the cost of health care per capita will be reduced. And we will have a healthier, more productive population.

I do not recommend you base your opinions on one biased movie. And correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that movie pro-national health care?