Univ of St. Augustine- Miami or Nova Southeastern- Ft. Lauderdale?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

YG9600

Reaction score
I was accepted off of the waitlist for Nova Southeastern and now have to decide between two programs. I had the chance to visit both campuses and can see myself at either school. The tuition and cost of living are about the same. I need to make a decision soon because classes for NSU begin in a few weeks. Is there anyone out there that can give me some insight on which program is better? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
One factor is if starting in a few weeks, that'll definitely be online learning. if starting in the fall, there is a chance it will be in person.

I was accepted off of the waitlist for Nova Southeastern and now have to decide between two programs. I had the chance to visit both campuses and can see myself at either school. The tuition and cost of living are about the same. I need to make a decision soon because classes for NSU begin in a few weeks. Is there anyone out there that can give me some insight on which program is better? Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Congrats on coming off the waitlist for NSU! f you don't mind me asking, what are your stats? Im on the waitlist as well and want to see where I stand.

@wiseOldPT has a good point. If starting online bothers you, maybe you should go to USA if you are starting in the fall. Also, since NSU starts in a few weeks maybe you won't like rushing to get everything done such as the lab work and immunizations. Although, they are being lenient right now with getting these things done because of the virus and may be more so with you since you are newer. More so on the academics, keep in mind that USA now has a new owner and may not be the major manual therapy DPT school it used to be. I believe there was an issue where the curriculum is not set or it is changing because of the new owner. You should definitely research that (don't take my word for it). I have a friend of a friend that attends USA and she told me she loves it, so I guess it depends on the person. I'm sure if you ask people that attend NSU's DPT program they'll tell you the same thing. If you can, try to reach out to students from both programs to get their opinion. I will be attending NSU this summer, I'm sorry I wasn't able to give you much insight.