univ of minnesota

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

antigen

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi guys ,
I was wondering if anybody has applied to university of minnesota .
regards
antigen

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I have applied to the University of Minnesota too.....

mehak said:
Hi,
I have applied to the University of Minnesota too.....
Hi,
Did you send official copy of NDB and toefl or noterized copy cause its not mentioned in their application.Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent notarized copies for every document and my file is complete.

aisha ajmal said:
Hi,
Did you send official copy of NDB and toefl or noterized copy cause its not mentioned in their application.Thanks

You can send them the notarized copies of the documents. It's only when you're called for an interview that you must bring the original copies.

cheer_up said:
You can send them the notarized copies of the documents. It's only when you're called for an interview that you must bring the original copies.
Thanks cheer up and mehak.

prady i remmember from other thread that u got great score in part1 ,why have u applied u will definately get in some school
:laugh:

prady said:
yeah i did!i even igot an ackknowledgement receipt!my application is complete!

hey mehek
in the list for step 1 in minnesota board ask for actively practising dentistry so how do we give that or ishould put it this way suppourt that .please help me .i need ur help :confused:

mehak said:
I sent notarized copies for every document and my file is complete.

oh come on inder....
dont want to leave any stone unturned this time!i'm gonna apply as many schools possible
btw univof minnesota is a top-notch school!DR. PETER BERTHOLD,director of UMN PASS,was the former director of UPENN pass! so itz gonna b a good prog.and will b competitive!mark my words!
thanks anywayz.....
all the best to u !
inder said:
prady i remmember from other thread that u got great score in part1 ,why have u applied u will definately get in some school
:laugh:

:confused: Does anyone know if it is a degree or certification program.

hey guys
i got my acknowledgement that they recevied my application and it is complete
cheers
antigen

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,
I will apply soon after getting my scoresheets notorized.
My stats are: NBDEI=85, NBDEII=84, GPA=3.75, TOEFL=287, 2 yrs exp India, 6 months DA in US.
What do you think my chances of getting called for an interview are?
thanks,
Ray

antigen said:
hi guys ,
I was wondering if anybody has applied to university of minnesota .
regards
antigen

i guess u do have a good chance to be called for the interview!,but dude,at the end of the day,itz the admission what matters most!
all the best!
ray_friends1 said:
Hi,
I will apply soon after getting my scoresheets notorized.
My stats are: NBDEI=85, NBDEII=84, GPA=3.75, TOEFL=287, 2 yrs exp India, 6 months DA in US.
What do you think my chances of getting called for an interview are?
thanks,
Ray

prady said:
i guess u do have a good chance to be called for the interview!,but dude,at the end of the day,itz the admission what matters most!
all the best!

hey prady
Arent u guys waiting ,bfore applying ,till the university gets its final accredition which is due for 10th feb . I guess.

How many have applied to U of Minnesota? Could we have a headcount?
Will this program be approved by the Regents Board?

Docnids said:
hey prady
Arent u guys waiting ,bfore applying ,till the university gets its final accredition which is due for 10th feb . I guess.

yes, last week. got 84 in part-II and 85 in part-I earlier.
Hope both of us get calls :)
we will fight it out then at the interview ;-) i am confident there if I get called.......
with a score of 90, i am sure u will get many more calls - mark my words if u put together a good application.
good luck and keep us posted.

prady said:
nope....not yet!what about u,buddy?

hi ray ,

the head count is 9 for univ of minnesota so far but i am sure there are gonna be many people who are silent listeners out there ( people who have yet not disclosed wether they have applied there).
cheers
antigen

gr8 part2 score,buddy!all the best for the future!
ray_friends1 said:
yes, last week. got 84 in part-II and 85 in part-I earlier.
Hope both of us get calls :)
we will fight it out then at the interview ;-) i am confident there if I get called.......
with a score of 90, i am sure u will get many more calls - mark my words if u put together a good application.
good luck and keep us posted.

HEY GUYS,
Even i have applied .Just keeping my fingers crossed about the approval with the Minnesota Board.N hope we all get admission. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Is there anyone out there who applied who got score < 90.
Mine is 85 partI and 84 partII.
Please share your credentials.
Thanks.

doc12 said:
HEY GUYS,
Even i have applied .Just keeping my fingers crossed about the approval with the Minnesota Board.N hope we all get admission. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

hi,
My stats
NBDE -90
GPA - 3.88
TOEFL- would receive in a week's time

Do we have to send the reco letters to minnesota.coz it was not mentioned in the application at all.

hi,
my nbde part 1 score is 85, toefl is 273, gpa is 3.2 with wes and 2.05 with ece, does anybody think I have a chance in minnesota????i have a green card too, and a good amount of exp in india and US.everyone please suggest.

ray_friends1 said:
Is there anyone out there who applied who got score < 90.
Mine is 85 partI and 84 partII.
Please share your credentials.
Thanks.
hi,
i am in the same boat,or maybe a lil behind you, nbde is 85, part 2 not taken, toefl is 273 ,gpa is 3.2 .....green card and good exp too though......but dunt know if i have luck?

hi
i think u should apply!therez no harm in that!i guess u do have a good chance as they did'nt set any particulars /pre-requisites!give it a shot!keep ur fingers crossed !all the best!
godbless said:
hi,
i am in the same boat,or maybe a lil behind you, nbde is 85, part 2 not taken, toefl is 273 ,gpa is 3.2 with wes, hope thay take that coz ece is 2.05........green card and good exp too though......but dunt know if i ahve luck?

prady said:
hi
i think u should apply!therez no harm in that!i guess u do have a good chance as they did'nt set any particulars /pre-requisites!give it a shot!keep ur fingers crossed !all the best!
Hey everyone. Does anyone know what a 2.9 ECE GPA would roughly translate to in WES GPAs ?
Thanks.
Best of luck to all !

aprox./roughly....3.7/3.8!well...itz a guess though!
NileBDS said:
Hey everyone. Does anyone know what a 2.9 ECE GPA would roughly translate to in WES GPAs ?
Thanks.
Best of luck to all !

prady said:

Hey prady, is there this much difference in evaluation? :eek:
My ece gpa is 3.3
So if if get it by wes mine wld be lot more? :scared:
If thats the scenario and universities are accepting wes evaluation , sld i go for that. Just kinda confused :confused: . Any suggestions?

prady said:
all the best
hi ,
THANX a lot .n best wishes to u too.
if im not mistaken we have similar stats?
best wishes to u

prady said:
Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.
I think school admissions are smarter than comparing ECE and WES gpa's. Sure it WES would look better on your application, but I suppose they know better.
Thanks again prady
Good luck to all !

hi guys im just a newbie in this site i just wanna know whats the deadline for applying in univ. minn. coz i just started to apply for the ece and other stuff. im not sure if im ok coz my stats are not that giood enough. any encouragement.

yeah !but u do have a much better gpa!i dont know ur toefl score yet!
doc12 said:
hi ,
THANX a lot .n best wishes to u too.
if im not mistaken we have similar stats?
best wishes to u

u have some time.......the application deadline for umn is march 17th!whatz ur stats btw?
rzon2chie said:
hi guys im just a newbie in this site i just wanna know whats the deadline for applying in univ. minn. coz i just started to apply for the ece and other stuff. im not sure if im ok coz my stats are not that giood enough. any encouragement.

hi thatz a very good gpa!i dont think it is an absolute necessity to get ur wes evaluation done!but,if u think u need to......go ahead! :thumbup:
Docnids said:
Hey prady, is there this much difference in evaluation? :eek:
My ece gpa is 3.3
So if if get it by wes mine wld be lot more? :scared:
If thats the scenario and universities are accepting wes evaluation , sld i go for that. Just kinda confused :confused: . Any suggestions?

prady said:
yeah...u r right!it is not an absolute requirement!but if u can submit some....it will be a plus point!

Thanks prady for ur advice

prady said:
yeah !but u do have a much better gpa!i dont know ur toefl score yet!
i dont have my ece yet prady but toefl is 240..is it good enough?

i guess itz good enough,as they have not set up any pre-requisites!go ahead and apply!all the best!
rzon2chie said:
i dont have my ece yet prady but toefl is 240..is it good enough?

prady said:
i guess itz good enough,as they have not set up any pre-requisites!go ahead and apply!all the best!

hi..
umn application says attach ur resume if available...plz tell me r u guys sending it or not?if yes should we write all our work which we have done during bds.

now, dont feel bad for my sarcasm. sometimes you people are too much :)
a) its a choice- either send it or dont send it.
b) resume is not "only" what u did in ur BDS - thats a CV! resume is write down all the relevant things in a systematic manner of whetever u have done (education briefly and post that- work exp, PG, volunteer in NGO's etc)

vinita said:
hi..
umn application says attach ur resume if available...plz tell me r u guys sending it or not?if yes should we write all our work which we have done during bds.