Univ Florida at Gainesville?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

QuietSylph

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone interview here yet? Thoughts on the program?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I interviewed there in December. I thought it was a great program, the residents all seemed very friendly, and nice working atmosphere. They also have specialty sign outs and lots of bone pathology. Gainesville is very much a college town and everything is based around Univ. of Florida. Seemed like a good place to raise a family and not much heavy traffic. The area around the school was also very nice and many residents live within walking distance. They have a real cool small downtown area where college kids are studying, but very neat! Overall, I think they are a good program. If your significant other has any type of career that has to be in a larger city, I don't think this is the place for you. Otherwise, great place to go!!

With State Amendment 7 I think, maybe Amend 9, if you are found guilty on 3 charges of malpractice, you have your license permenantly revoked in FL. The problem is this will prevent you from getting a medical lic. anywhere else in the country. Also these "3 strikes" can all occur in a single case, the state, federal government and state med board all find you guilty thats it.

Yes, this is rare, yes this may not happen to you, heck for a pathology resident maybe one in 1000, but it has happened, why risk it?

I assume this includes cases against a physician that are settled out of court? Or doesn't it?

Lawyers rule the world. :rolleyes: :scared: