UNECOM waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rescuerdave

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am on the UNECOM waitlist. Does anyone know what the stats are for those accepted on the waitlist? My letter says I am in the lower 90th percentile. I'm not sure if that is good or bad, it all depends on how you look at the numbers.

Members don't see this ad.

well im writing unecom today to tell them im not taking there acceptance, hope that helps you out !!!

Thanks AntGod22 that definitely helps. Hope you enjoy which ever school you decide to attend

Members don't see this ad :)
Rescuerdave,

When did you receive your letter about where you are on the waitlist? I'm still waiting to hear from them.....

JH11

Hey guys,

Were you placed on the "Accept Space Available" or the "Waitlist." The "Accept Space Available" list is usually exhausted every year. I don't know that much about the "waitlist." Did you people interview anywhere else or was this the only school? How did your interview go?
Best Wishes

JJ

JMJ,
I am on the accept space available list. By exhausted did you mean that everyone on the list gets in? I only interviwed at UNECOM, but the interview went great. I love UNECOM, everyone there is really cool.

JH11,
I found out about a week and a half after I interviewed. Somewhere around a week seems to be the standard for them. There realy awesome about responding quickly. You can also call them, there really nice

From what I understand, the "Accept Space Available List" is almost aways depleted. Those on this list usually get accepted at some point over the summer. The "ASA" indicates that UNE has enough deposits and outstanding acceptances to fill the class. If someone who has received an acceptance decides not to attend, UNE will choose someone from the list. Again, from what I understand those individuals who are on the list have been found to be acceptable candidates by the admissons staff. They have reviewed your file and found you to be acceptable, however they do not have a spot available for you... yet. The list is ranked. Therefore, if they really liked you in your interview, you are probably at the top of the list. Hope this helps. Best wishes

JJ

Rescuerdave,

They sent you a letter telling you where you were on the ASA list after you interviewed? Did you interview recently? I am also on the ASA list but I have not heard about where I am on the list....I spoke with Ms. Lane after I found out I was on the ASA list (in Jan.) and she said that they would decide the ranking after they finished interviewing....which was around mid-March.

When I spoke with Ms. Lane she told me that some years they take everyone from the list but some years they don't take anyone...so I guess it is just wait and see.

I guess if I don't get a letter soon I should call, not that it will make too much of a difference......I'm just curious to know where I am on the list.....

Thanks for your input and hopefully we will both be at UNE in the fall!

JH11

JH11
I recieved a letter last friday telling me where I was on the list and asking if I am still interested in attending UNECOM. I would call or e-mail Ms. Lane and tell her your still interested. Good Luck. Hope to see ya next year

i am accept space available too and i really really want to go there. i think i might have annoyed ms lane though by bugging her too much about it. i am bottom 90th percentile though. i guess i should give up the ghost and go to my second choice.

i am so distraught over this. AUGH!!!

Breezy,

Don't feel bad...it seems like I am bugging Ms. Lane too with all of my emails. To me it seems like they give a time period of when I should hear by and then it passes by and I'm left thinking that the mailman is not giving me all my mail. She told me that they would be sending out decisions a little after mid-March when they get done interviewing. Here it is almost mid-April and I haven't heard anything.....I take it that you haven't either.

I just want to know where I am on the list so that I can make some decisions about what I am going to do....like where I should get a job for next year.

They should just let all of us in off the waitlist, so what if there's a few extra students!!:D

Hi,
I was waitlisted at UNECOM.
I was placed on the lower 20% of the waitlist. I was accepted on July 14th.
It is possible to enter I think even up to the beginning of class, July 29th.
-Tim

Tim,
Thanks for replying!!! It is actually great to hear from a student and their experiences on the waitlist. I still haven't found out where I am on the waitlist but Ms. Lane did mention that some years they take everyone from it.....hopefully this will be one of those years. I just don't know if I can wait until July to find out! I already feel like my life is on hold because of it....

Thanks again for your reply!!

Just wondering if there has been much movement (or any movement) on the accept space available list. I'm slowly losing my mind waiting for any sign not to go off the deep end. Anybody hear anythng or get in?

hi y'all. you waitlist folks should take heart in this info: i was lower 60th percentile on the ASA list and i got in two weeks ago. i am betting this year is one of the years when the whole list gets on.

I LOVE IT HERE. see you soon.

Ed-the-King- I am also just about to go crazy....it seems like I have been waiting forever! I have not even heard where I am on the ASA list and I have emailed Ms. Lane several times and she is not responding so now I think that I am just being very annoying.

Is there anyone else who has not found out where they are on the list?

Congrats dagny79! I do hope that this is one of those years!

I've never heard that we accept everyone on the "accept space available" list. I'm in the class of 2005, and only know one classmate who was accepted in the last weeks before school started.

the Class of 2006 was a different story. There were rumors that we had "accepted too many people" - thus the creation of the accept space available list. I dont' know how far down on this list they went. I do know that the class of 2006 is HUGE, there were 132 people who matriculated, and the aim is 115-120.

This year, I have heard the same rumor, that we accepted too many people for the class of 2007.

Just thought you might want to know what the "buzz around campus" is on the incoming students. GOod luck to you all!

Doc Oc
UNECOM Class of 2005

Don't mean to rag, but i just got in! I emailed Ms. Lane today and she wrote back informin me. I was top 40 % on the list, so there may be hope for others still waiting to hear. she said there has been some movement of list; it appears that the withdrawals come in clusters and then level off, so don't give up hope.

Good luck to all!!!

Don't mean to brag, but i just got in! I emailed Ms. Lane today and she wrote back informing me. I was top 40 % on the list, so there may be hope for others still waiting to hear. she said there has been some movement of list; it appears that the withdrawals come in clusters and then level off, so don't give up hope.

Good luck to all!!!

see you there ed-the-king. congrats on choosing and matriculating at a great school.

~dagny, class of 2007

Congrats ed-the-king!!! It's nice to know that there is movement...